HockeyNut's 'The Big Loss' diary

Hi Jayne hows the new eating regime going? You're doing so well.

Hi HockeyNut, I am in awe of your determination and just know that everything on your target list is going to get a big tick! Sorry not to be in touch , having a dificult family time at the moment and my head is a shed!!

Hi HockeyNut, I am in awe of your determination and just know that everything on your target list is going to get a big tick! Sorry not to be in touch , having a dificult family time at the moment and my head is a shed!!

Sorry to hear your having a bad time. Hope you're ok. I'm here if you want a coffee and a chat!

Well done hockeynut :) so pleased for you honey x x x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Having a few days away so hopefully will feel better when I get back!! How is the training going??
Have a good weekend and I hope it does the trick.
Training at weekends at the moment 2 mins jogging 2mins walking etc. I am quite pleased with that. When I think back to this time last year when I struggled to walk 1/2 mile!

take care of yourself.x

Lost 2lbs this week which I am really pleased with because I have had a bit of a munchy week. Now lost a total of 7 stone and if I mange to loose 2lb next week I will have lost a total of 100lbs. So many people are commenting now including the kids at school. For the fist time in 25 years I'm thinking it could be a reality to get into a size 12. Now its a case of doing it slowly. I would love to be close to this by the end of the summer holidays. Can't believe I've just said that!!!

Lost 2lbs this week which I am really pleased with because I have had a bit of a munchy week. Now lost a total of 7 stone and if I mange to loose 2lb next week I will have lost a total of 100lbs. So many people are commenting now including the kids at school. For the fist time in 25 years I'm thinking it could be a reality to get into a size 12. Now its a case of doing it slowly. I would love to be close to this by the end of the summer holidays. Can't believe I've just said that!!!
Aww wow well done you! we are both close to the 100lb`s mark, and I get a lot of compliments too now... isnt it just such a great feeling :D well done you!! GO Hockeynut!!! XXXX

Well done Lou and how fantastic to be in a size 16 jeans. I'm not quite there yet but it is still a thrill to be an 18. Hope you are well. Do you know when you are having your op?

Hiya,
I don`t no yet hun, as not quite at the accepted BMI of 30..... when I am, which isn`t far off now, I will go see my doc to get ball rolling... :) Thanks for asking me though ...:D I am doin ok otherwise, and soooo pleased to ne a size 16.... you`ll be in it soon the rate your flying hun lol..... hope your well? Isn`t this sun glorious> Hoping its not our "summer" though..:rolleyes: L xxxx

Omg you've done so well honey :) 100lbs is the target I've set myself to lose in 3 months..bit steep I know but needs must and all that.

I bet you look amazing in those 16's :) so pleased for you and such an inspiration to others trying to achieve the same goal x x x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's been a fab weekend. Unfortunatly I've spent most of it marking my year 11 mock exams!!! Still we break up next Friday and then it will probably rain for a fortnight! I agree with Trueleame you have done so fantastically well. Really pround of you. Hope you get your op sorted soon. I can't wait to get into a size 16. Well done you.x

Just read your post and its amazing :O youve done so well on this, ive got my first weigh in tomorrow and im really nervous but seeing how well all of you have done is so helpful! Good job!

Ahhh thanks Hun,
Been a bloomin struggle and still is, in fact getting worse I`d say! Long time to be on this diet...and the side effects sucks... my hair is STILL falling out... but the re~growth is there already so thats comforting. My nails are appalling too.... but its worth it, and wont be long till the end is in sight. Want the op done before my hols but doubtful it will work out that way... going to Cornwall in June.
I really hope we dont get rain in one respect next week, BUT it is needed!...... Tc chick xxx

Ahhh thanks Hun,
Been a bloomin struggle and still is, in fact getting worse I`d say! Long time to be on this diet...and the side effects sucks... my hair is STILL falling out... but the re~growth is there already so thats comforting. My nails are appalling too.... but its worth it, and wont be long till the end is in sight. Want the op done before my hols but doubtful it will work out that way... going to Cornwall in June.
I really hope we dont get rain in one respect next week, BUT it is needed!...... Tc chick xxx

You have done amazingly well to stick with it for so long. I was lucky and didn't have the hair loss but I did have major problems in the loo dept and I got really cold BUT I have to say the weight loss was just so amazing. I am really grateful that I discovered this diet. You are so close to your BMI of 30. Huge well done.x

Well I'm a bit fed up this week as I have put 2.5lbs on!! I have been really busy and haven't had time to exercise and I have eaten loads of fruit - probably too much. I have just realised one of my triggers and that is when I am really busy all I want to do with eat. It's almost like I'm on overdrive and the need to eat increases with it. I'm not hungry but just need to munch. I think over the past 20 years I have always been so busy with working and studying that I've never stopped to notice what it was that caused me to eat so much. I've now got to find some way of controlling the need to munch Hey ho! onwards and inwards. At least it's the Easter hols now so I should have plenty of time to exercise - the only problem is the chocolate trap next weekend. My lovely boss at work bought me a box of chocs to thank me for all the hard work. My hubby is going to hide them at let me have one choccy a day. How sad I'm I that I can't control my urge to eat chocolate. If I was sensible I would give them away.

Hmm, I'm with you on the 'chocolate trap'! I've actually bought myself a Lindt bunny to have as my treat. I am going to eat it guilt free on top of my usual food, and then move on. Maybe allowing yourself a pre determined amount and getting rid of the rest beforehand so you can't be tempted is the way forward? I know if I keep any extra treat type food easily available to me in the house it's going to be eaten! I've had my husband put the Easter Eggs bought for my children into the attic (I can't get up there) so I didn't eat and need to re-buy, several times over, like previous years! My Lindt bunny is also up there :) My boys only have sweets at the weekend, and so they've been bagged up and portioned out which stops me dipping my hands in and grabbing the odd one or 10 here and there!

As for the weight gain this week, fruit is high in cals, so if you over ate with it then yes that could've been the cause. Could be fluid. Could be anything. Keep focussed now, and get it off this week, and you'll be fine. In the overall picture it's a minor blip - although I totally understand how devastated those scales can make us feel! You'll be fine ;) xx

Aww cheer up Hockeynut... you know it`ll be off again in no time.. its a huge learning curve this diet lark eh!! At least its highlighted main worries for you and you can sort it out... get some fab strategies in place. Your boss could of given you some lovely flowers! and NOT chocs! she knows your losing weight and trying to maintain GRRR... I`m sure shes lovely but I look on food gifts as sabotage and jealosy! (just me and my suspicious mind!) Anyhooo hun, I have every confidence tha your tiny gain will be off very soon... thinking of you today... keep smiling it confuses people lol XXXXX

Thank you so much girls I really appreciate your support and I know you are so right. Feeling much more positive. Managed 2 days without going into my weekly allowance, managing to stick within the 26 daily propoints and I've upped the exercise. Spent 4 hours in the garden today which was great. I know it is a minor blip and in the bigger picture the monthly weight loss will be fine but I think I was just frustrated because I thought I had stuck within the limits.. LT was so much easier - no having to think about it but I know I've got to control my food demons. Do you know Lou I hadn't thought about the sabotage but you are right - even if it wasn't intentional!! Well onwards and inwards. Hope you are both well and thanks again. x

Back