Holiday gain?

Lorraine, that's really well disciplined.....but make sure you don't miss out by being too, too strict, but it's great that you're looking carefully.... as for the wine, maybe make it a long drink with sparkling water and ice??
Have a great time

I am off to Tunisia weekend after next for 10 days all inclusive and don't want to undo all my good work over the last 3 weeks. I am going to do aqua aerobics each day, swim a lot, walk etc, then try and stick to fruit, cereal or scrambled eggs for breakfast, fresh cooked pasta for lunch, and maybe grilled meat and veg for dinner. That way it's just the booze I have to worry about. I doubt if Tunisia hotel will have gin & slimline tonic so I'll probably end up on the wine but if I don't drink during the day and drink moderately in the evening, I hope not to put on much weight. All sounds terribly plausible... I just hope I can stick to it in reality!

Word of warning about the wine in All inclusive hotels - In Jamaica it came out of carton - and I mean a carton like a juice carton, NOT a wine box). In Egypt they took a bottle out of the freezer & ran it under the HOT tap for a few minutes.

Also, you'd be surprised- I bet they do have slimline tonic.

I love holidays - just came back from a week AI in Turkey - 4lbs on. When i went to Cuba last year - 2 weeks AI - 6.5lbs on (i think!)

I relaxed on these holidays - and didnt exercise.

Year before, i went to Turkey - was 'good' and did 25 mins-35 mins of exercise each day - i maintained.

Just goes to show if you do want to be 'relaxed' then prepare to have a gain, but if you watch what you are eating and throw some exercise in the damage can be limited.

The way i am looking at things is that my 4lbs gain is going to put me 6 weeks behind on my losing weight plan - 2 weeks for the holiday and gaining. 4 weeks to lose the gain (at a lb a week) - i think when you think of that, is it worth going completely off plan when it takes so long to get back to where you left off? I suppose I have my wedding creeping up on me (which keeps getting closer) and i am pressured into getting into my wedding dress so i am more stressed about time than others may be!!!

x

Well, just got back from WI tonight, was off plan for 10 days, was OKish foodwise, but cannot say the same for the beer!!!!! been right back on track since Sunday, and gained 1.5lb.....I'm happy with that, especially as I was away on a biz trip for 4 days a few weeks ago and put 2.5lb on

Thanks for good wishes and advice. I know what you mean about the alcohol in AI hotel - some are great and others not so. In Egypt last year it came out of a box but it was fine. From what I remember about Tunisia the last time I was there the red and white wines were vile and only the rose was drinkable - put me off rose ever since lol. This seems a better hotel from the reviews read on tripadvisor so here's hoping it's good!

lorraineA said:
Thanks for good wishes and advice. I know what you mean about the alcohol in AI hotel - some are great and others not so. In Egypt last year it came out of a box but it was fine. From what I remember about Tunisia the last time I was there the red and white wines were vile and only the rose was drinkable - put me off rose ever since lol. This seems a better hotel from the reviews read on tripadvisor so here's hoping it's good!

My experience is that if you can get through the first 2 glasses you stop caring about how it tastes :) hope you have a fantastic time. SO jealous!

Back