Holidaygirl must get healthy and slimmer: No excuses

Another new day!

Ah bless you saddle bags, thanks so much:)
I had a good day food wise yesterday and more or less stuck to plan.
Today I am ringing the local SW leader to see what class she thinks more suitable to me as she runs 4 on Wednesdays! You never know, by the end of the day I may have joined!:D
Hope to go into town later to buy a frock for daughter's graduation tomorrow. Bought a dress the other day but don't like it much, so going to have another look!
These things may sound normal to others but I am still suffering physically and have to control my anxiety levels a lot just to do anything!
Howeve feel confident I will get better :)

Proudest Mum in the World

Off to youngest daughter's Graduation in Guildford Cathederal!:)

Finally joined a class!

Well I stuck to my word and joined SW class last Wednesday.:) Usual leader on holiday which is typical of my luck but covering lady very nice. Everyone in groups, even new lady didn't sit with me:sigh:
It will be hard going back but will keep trying.:eek:
Have stuck to plan as much as possible.
Wonderful day at Graduation:so proud of my daughter. Lovely reception afterwards but resisted all the beautifully presented food, which included 3 chocolate fountains!
Did have Frankie and Benny's later but only had a lemon chicken salad which should have been okayish!
Mother in law gave me ryvitas and cheese triangles and tomatoes yesterday, bless her. She has done SW for years but now under weight!
Shopping today for food so going to prepare my list first, to keep on plan.
Have a good day everyone:)

Another week!

I have stuck to plan so far, except Sunday gravy on the roast dinner! Had to use meat juices so goodness knows how many syns but just have to have a good gravy on a roast!
SW leader rang and advised a midday class may be more suitable, which was very kind so will give it a go on Wednesday.
Today:Extra Easy
Breakfast:Banana and muller light yog
Walked dog for 20 mins as horrid weather.
Have a good day everyone!:)

Lunch was cooked up leftovers from yesterday, new potatoes and loads of veg, HEA cheese
Dinner:Chicken curry with rice and salad(1 syn for Paste and 1 for mayo)
Not convinced my 1/3rd is correct re superfree!
Will find out soon!
Syns to come probably infront of TV. HEB is stewed gooseberies!

Join me on Facebook

I started a new FB page yesterday just for my SW stuff as friends prob don't want to be bored with my SW days!
Please join me to share ideas etc and we can help each other out.Click my FB icon and put in message from minimins.:)
Had stewed gooseberries last night, no sugar, yummy! Counted as my HEB.
Had a boots shapers bar as my syns:strawberry nougat as I love them!
Started today with hot water and lemon, read it's good for you:D

Scared of first weigh in!

Really scared about WI and going to class.:( It's hard to time it to avoid sitting alone for too long before class starts. That's why I gave up before!:eek:
I have generally been good but think I eat too many potatoes/rice etc at a meal! We will see today!:eek:
Yesterday had fruit and yog for breakfast, mug shot and a piece of quiche for lunch and SW burgers and sauce all syn free and stewed plums,heb, syn was a shapers bar, so I was being good!

Happy Happy Happy

I am so delighted with my first WI at class.:D
5lb off is amazing:eek:
Doc not so pleased: says with liver problems can't lose weight quickly, haha, like that is going to happen every week!
It's alright for him sitting there:sigh:, all young and skinny!
Had good day food wise yesterday.
Doc put me on fybogel and another med for IBS and if doesn't help in 2 months have to go for investigations with horrid tubes: that's a def no no no!:eek: I will make sure I am better!:)
One thing I struggle with: not hungry in the mornings: still not had breakfast. I will do so now but I could survive without, it's almost force feeding myself! Weird:confused:

Well done on losing 5lb! :)

Thanks, I was a chuffed!
Breakfast: At lunchtime:confused::Banana/satsuma and apple with mullerlight yog:)

hi :wavey: claire firstly well done on ur great loss it's a great start, sorry you are having a few health problems hopefully with the help of your doctor you will get sorted, i can understand the doctor being worried about ur first weightloss with ur liver probs but he must know there is usually a really good loss the first week and that it will slow down to 1 or 2lbs in the future, s/w is such a good healthy do-able plan to be on. :) i haven't been on here for a couple of months and have put loads of weight back on just couldn't get into the right frame of mind (i was below my target grr lol) so am restarting i rejoined a class for the extra support i felt really selfconscious and hid myself at the back but one of the girls made room for me next to her which made me feel a lot better, i hate starting a new class. i am restarting my food diary to keep track i know in the past i haven't eaten properly through the day then have binged at night so i am going to make sure i eat loads of free food . are you following extra easy? i am going to do a mix of all 3 through the week to shake my system up a bit so it doesn't get used to one plan (well thats the theory lol) sorry i have gone on a bit...... good luck val x

Ah thanks Val,lovely of you to stop by!:)
I do extra easy but if the weight loss slows down too much I will change it around a bit.
It's easier cooking wise to be on extra easy: daughter back home now after uni and OH wants to lose some weight and it doesn't look like we are cutting down at all: as you say, just eating healthier.:D
Poor you:It's tough when you are not in the right frame of mind:I know all about that. Good luck on your fresh start and I will follow your journey:) and be there for support.:wavey:

Hi Holidaygirl

Just caught your thread and I have to say I think you are very brave - it must have taken a lot to walk away from your job.

With everything that has happened to you, you are still positive about your future health and now have incentives for starting afresh - that's great motivation when you feel like giving in.

I hope you get everything sorted - I'm sure you will. The simple stuff like the walk are the way to go. Good luck to you, youll come out stronger for sure Holidaygirl - I'll be looking out for you!

Love Pomooky

Thanks so much

Oh bless you, such a lovely post, thanks so much.:)
This will make you laugh: I am off to a Zumba class now, just a trial,with my daughter, but how my body is going to cooperate I don't know:eek:
My daughter will prob disown me as she is a dancer,hehe!;)
Hopefully I will be back on here later:eek:

Hi, Zumba was well, interesting!:p On the plus side it was lovely to go with my daughter, the teacher was more my age and did not look as fit as she probably is, so made me feel at home;)
I felt okay giving it a go(slow motion style!) but it was maybe too fast for me, I have osteoarthritis in many of my joints and felt it! However it made me smile ( and sweat!) so must have done some good:eek:
Daughter not overly impressed but then she is a trained dancer! Hopefully we will go again.
I may not be able to move tomorrow:eek:

Good for you for going to the class, after trying it on the Wii, I wouldn't:eek:

Hope you're not too sore today.

Surprisingly not sore today, my joints killed me last evening:cry: but ok today!:)

Stuck to plan again yesterday, had chicken stuffed with cheese triangles(HEA) and wrapped in bacon with salad.Then blackberries/apples stewed. A bonus of dog walking is free fruit:). Beautiful blackberries!
It is helping that the 3 of us currently living at home (OH and Daughter 21) are all trying to lose weight so SW meals are proving a perfect choice. As long as OH can cover all food with chilli sauce he is fine! Oh and no sweetener, he can sense it a mile off!:eek:
Hope everyone has a good weekend. :)
We are going to the cinema (unheard of!) to see an Andre Rieu concert shown live from Holland, love all the waltz music and it is what I call " happy music".
Will take appropriate snacks!:p

Back