Holidaygirl must get healthy and slimmer: No excuses

Well, a most bizarre experience, a live concert on a cinema screen:eek::
Cinema full of oldies,(70 plus;)!) actually it wasn't full, hence no atmosphere :( and no clapping which is very strange when watching such wonderful performances and seeing the crowd at the concert drinking,dancing and having a fab time! Never again:eek:
Went to Frankie and Bennies and had awful meal. ordered steak salad from new calorie counted menu: a very greasy,fatty steak arrived with about 3 pieces of watercress and a tomato. I should have sent it back:it was horrible and fatty and yuk! May email them as very annoyed actually, it wasn't cheap!
Today I went swimming as joined local gym for swimming and classes only: nice quiet pool and hope to do some gentle exercise classes there. Just joined for 1 month for now to see how I go!
I swam for 30 mins so feel good for that:eek:
Stuck to plan apart from the meal out and took synned snacks to cinema.
WI tomorrow so fingers crossed:eek:

Have a good week everyone:)

Hello Claire I have enjoyed reading your diary and rather a lot of things I can sympathise with. I feel so sorry for you being bullied at work..its trully dreadful. My OH was bullied out of his job as a senior teacher by a head who wanted rid of the older , expensive teachers. He made my husbands life so uncomfortable that he took very early retirement losing a lot of pension. Even the union advised him to leave for his own sanity. He is a year along the line and starting to enjoy life and freedom. Im so sorry you goy so low but it has had a positive outcome for you as you have such improved health ,,not to mention fitness. Im well impressed with the Zumba !! I have osteoarthritis in my spine so am a bit limited in what exercise I do .. I used to love tap dancing !!!! I hope you continue to feel better and really enjoy life.

2nd WI

Well, I lost 1.5lb so now in the 12's:)
I was a bit disappointed but I know I shouldn't be:(
Stayed to class and felt okay, it's a nice small class with friendly people so that helps.
I do wish the sun would shine, I miss the sunshine:)

hi hun well done on ur loss i would love to have lost 1.5lb last night if u lost that every week the stones would soon rack up. glad u stayed to class we have a big class usually but there were only about 10 of us last night a lot of members don't come through the hols (perhaps they don't want to bring the kids out) i wish the sun was out as well it makes u feel so much better doesn't it. keep up the good work and don't feel disheartened xx

The sun is out: I feel tons better when it's sunny:)
I have been feeling very flat over the last 2 weeks dwelling on the past: I was told about an email from my manager at work to all my team said I had:"left the organisation" There was nothing from anyone, no card from the team saying goodbye after my 4 years of working with them all, nothing at all. I now feel hurt by everyone who I worked with and who I supported over those difficult times.All I ever did was work hard!! I never did anything wrong and was one of the only honest ones there!:mad: I know I must move on but it's so hard.:cry:
Sorry rant over:mad:
Still keeping to the SW plan, never being naughty. Lots of fruit and made "smash pizza" yesterday and quiche twice over the weekend. Going to try some new recipes this week as daughter keen to vary our meals a bit more! She is doing well, not exactly on same plan but more or less.:)
I feel sorry for her as she has finished Uni and no job,she is considering her future in dance so only looking for part time/ temp work but proving difficult to find, and she is quite shy like me.
Swimming today, on my own, but should be okay:(
I had my nails done last week and they are looking lovely:white tips on fasle nails but they are a perfect length, not too long:) and having my hair cut this week so hopefully the positive me will be found lurking around this week:eek:
Have a good week everyone:)
xx

Mood lifted!

Went for a swim again yesterday: didn't fancy it at all but was fine when got there and swam for 35 mins.
Felt very flat and low but today decided it's only me that can pull myself out of it so being positive today:)
Eating strawberries and melon for brekkie: at 11.40am? Never hungry for breakie!
WI tomorrow, hope it is in the right direction:stuck to plan all week and done loads of exercise, for me anyway!:)
Chicken thighs roasted in oven with veg tonight, as in a SW magazine, so looking forward to that:)

Gutted

Well, I was gutted yesterday at WI:STS :cry: and yet I really felt I had lost weight. Clothes fit that didn't fit and I measured myself and have lost 5 and a half inches in total!:)
What didn't help was the lady being weighed before me they were all laughing and joking with her, it came to me and I swear the woman who took my money and the woman who weighed me never gave me so much as eye contact and when i gasped at STS she said nothing (could have said oh don't worry or something!)
I didn't enjoy class at all yesterday, why are people so unfriendly!!!:eek:
Rant over:back to being positive;done 35 mins exercise dvd and going swimming later. Will have a snack after exercise in future as consultant said might help:)

Your work sounds alot like mine, where you do your absolute best everyday and no one appreciates it and then people who you think are friends, turn out not to be! But I think of it as it's only a 1/3 of my life so the other 2/3 should be fantastic!

STS is better than a gain! I know what you mean about people being such misery's! I went swimming this morning (funnily enough!) and all the old bags get in and dont even say good morning or say thankyou when you let them past! They must be really depressed! Losers!

Well, I was gutted yesterday at WI:STS :cry: and yet I really felt I had lost weight. Clothes fit that didn't fit and I measured myself and have lost 5 and a half inches in total!:)
What didn't help was the lady being weighed before me they were all laughing and joking with her, it came to me and I swear the woman who took my money and the woman who weighed me never gave me so much as eye contact and when i gasped at STS she said nothing (could have said oh don't worry or something!)
I didn't enjoy class at all yesterday, why are people so unfriendly!!!:eek:
Rant over:back to being positive;done 35 mins exercise dvd and going swimming later. Will have a snack after exercise in future as consultant said might help:)

hi hun sorry ur ex work mates didn't bother sending u a card :grouphugg:don't let it get u down brush it under the carpet and move on they r not worth getting upset over. on the sts try drinking loads of water i had 2 lts a day and lost 3lbs this week might make a difference :rolleyes: i know how frustrating it is when u've stuck to plan & sts i was peeed of last week cause i had stuck to plan but put on 0.5lb but stuck with it, perhaps u were holding water this week cause if ur clothes feel looser must be going from somewhere hopefully it will show next week.well done going swimming thats good exercise i love swimming but haven't been for years :eek: i am lucky at the group i go to they are sooo friendly and the lady always says nice thing when i get weighed she is leaving so next week i am taking over the weighing i am really looking forward to it. anyway try and have a good day will pop in again soon love val xx

Terrible day!

Oh what a day!:eek:
News I always dreaded:cry:: the girl who was bullying me and didn't get done for it is leaving, and the worst of it, to another place at same employer. I was told nobody would be released to other jobs due to the cuts and yet 2 people have now left - out of the 4 of us doing the same job - for other jobs in the dept!
When I asked to be moved/wait for another job to come up I was told would not be possible, nobody being released and any jobs coming up would go to people already on a list of those losing their jobs!
How that place stinks:cry:
A supposed good friend took great joy in ringing me up and telling me: thanks:confused:
Sorry - rant over:mad:
Seeing all the family in Kent tomorrow for a big family get together and that's what's important:)
Have a good weekend everyone:)

(((((((( big hug) ))))) suggest u ditch the "good friend" who needs friends like that, nasty cow :slap: i hope you have a lovely time with your family in kent tell us all about it when u get back xx

I love it Valerie: couldn't have put it better myself. I am well and truly over it: she is no "good friend" and has major issues herself!:p
No point wasting time over fretting about past stuff:)
Had a weird day saturday:lovely to see family but to be honest don't see enough of them to feel very close to a lot of them and made me realise what a lovely family unit the 5 of us are(together with the children's partners) and how very proud I am of them all and how fortunate I am to have such a wonderful hubby:)
I didn't have any alcohol and just ate what I thought would do the least damage! Lovely food but not ideal when on SW:eek:
Fingers crossed for a weight loss this week:eek:

hi holidaygirl10 it's lovely that ur such a close family i am also lucky to be in the same position i am very close to my children and my brothers and sister i have to thank my late mum and dad for that they bought us up with so much love they were always there for us and i have tried to follow it through. good luck with ur weigh in this week xx

Shiny new wheels

Well I have a shiny new bike to use today, thanks to my wonderful hubby:)
I did chose one a week ago but he surprised me with it yesterday:)
Now I can cycle locally as lots of cycle paths and country tracks to explore:)
The idea is he will get a bike too and we can go out on them together:)
I will be clocking up the miles:eek:

Hannah:Thank you for such positive comments. I think the new me is glimmering if not shining through, even if it's a glimmer it's a start:)
Good luck to you too:)

Yippee!!!!

Well what a turn around from last week!
Lost 1.5lb:)
Slimmer of the week:)
Half stone award:)
Won prize in the raffle:)

I was feeling very low before I went to WI so it was a tremendous boost:)
Cycled there so it was difficult having a bag of fruit to carry but mustn't complain, hehe!:)

Well what a turn around from last week!
Lost 1.5lb:)
Slimmer of the week:)
Half stone award:)
Won prize in the raffle:)

I was feeling very low before I went to WI so it was a tremendous boost:)
Cycled there so it was difficult having a bag of fruit to carry but mustn't complain, hehe!:)

Well done, now you surely must have a spring in your step! xxxx

I have just read your diary through, and so glad that you are getting over your difficulties. I too had to take 'voluntary' redundancy even though I was too unwell to return to work, so know exactly how you were feeling xxx

Positive feelings

Well I have to say last weeks slimming world really kept me focused:) and it just shows how a positive outcome can result from making someone slimmer of the week:D. When I hit some lows this week I thought of that and my "slow but sure" success at SW and it really boosted my self esteem.
I am going to email my leader to tell her that today:)
I am being really good: went out with friends at the weekend and stuck to plan as much as was possible despite alcohol and food flowing freely (the others, not me!):eek:
Eating lots of fruit,salad and having a really nice meal every evening with a couple of syn items when watching tv. Still we will see what WI is like tomorrow!
Loving my new bike, did 7 miles in all yesterday and smimming 30 mins non stop atleast every other day!:)
Hope everyone has a good week:D

Good week

Well a 2lb loss and I got my bronze award for all the exercise I have been doing:D
Leader then set me an ecard which I have added to my signature. How lovely was that!:)
Been out on my bike, swam 45 mins yesterday and walked the dog for ages so feeling good:)
Love this eating plan, has made me feel so much better physically and mentally:)
Have a lovely weekend everyone x

Back