Hols start tomorrow!

KD

Gone fishing
7 more days and I'm off to Toronto! We don't usually do the holiday thing, so this feels really special for us.

We're going for 2 weeks (never had a 2 week holiday before...which is embarrassing since I'm 50!), so not sure how I'm going to cope. Also, this time we are leaving the eldest son at home (aged 19) but taking the 14 year old.

My eldest son is delighted to be allowed off the trip :D I trust him implicitly and reckon he'll enjoy the independence.

Just done the todo list

1. Spring clean house
2. Redecorate house
3. Have full body lift, face lift and visit tanning salon.
4. Have teeth veneered and hair ungreyed and restyled
5. Remind son not to destroy the house any more than it's been destroyed already.

That should do it :D

Last edited:
Just 5 more days! Can’t wait. Got to have wisdom tooth out tomorrow afternoon, so trying to get as much done as possible incase I go all wimpy for the next few days.

I’ve booked a table for 3 at the CN tower 360 restaurant. Really looking forward to that. Need to book a trip to Niagara falls and get the suitcases down.
yahoo.gif
and hoping to find a place where my young lad can do some of his Parkour. He's hoping to get to know some Canadian enthusiasts and meet up (with us). It'll make his day if we can find something Parkorish for him.

Not quite managing Plan A (as above)….needs some tweaking

New todo list – plan B

1. Spring clean [strike]house [/strike]downstairs
2. Redecorate house
2. 3. [strike]Have full body lift[/strike], slap on loads of moisturiser daily from today, have face lift and visit tanning salon.
4. Have teeth veneered and hair ungreyed and restyled
5. Remind son not to destroy the house any more than it's been destroyed already.

That sounds more manageable :)

sounds amazing.

what's parkour though - shall i google it?

Parkour (IPA: /paʁ.'kuʁ/, often abbreviated PK) is a physical discipline of French origin in which participants attempt to pass obstacles in the fastest and most direct manner possible, using skills such as jumping, vaulting and climbing, or the more specific parkour moves. The obstacles can be anything in one's environment, so parkour is often practiced in urban areas because of many suitable public structures, such as buildings, rails, and walls.
A traceur (/tʁa.'sœʁ/) is a participant of parkour.

....ok - very cool - are those blokes on the bbc advert who sort of jumpy dancy over the fencing etc - are they parkour people?

i have only 5 days left now. Problem is I haven't done a single solitary thing in preparation.

my list would be too long so not doing it at all.

hope you have a ball honey

....ok - very cool - are those blokes on the bbc advert who sort of jumpy dancy over the fencing etc - are they parkour people?

That's it. He loves it and it keeps him fit. Gains him cool power with the girls too :D

i have only 5 days left now. Problem is I haven't done a single solitary thing in preparation.

my list would be too long so not doing it at all.
LOL. DH's idea of holidays

1. Do nothing different
2. Day of holiday pack razor, deodrant and comb.
3. Go

This is how we managed to go away for a night some years ago and find that not only didn't we have the address for where we were staying, but we didn't even have the name of the place!!

Did DW get cross?? Nah...did say "that was silly" though :D

Hope you have a fantastic time honey, we'll miss you :)

Thanks DQ. I'm dead excited. Daft really...people do this sort of thing all the time. Will miss you lovely people too.

Hi Karion,

Never did the two week holiday thing either, doubt myself and husband could get on that long...:confused: Been on holidays of course for two week, but never that long with himself.

My husband is a work holic and taking a holiday is not on his list of priorities and then when it comes to holidays we have different ideas, I guess.

Why is it that women feel that they have to spring clean the house before they can leave it, whilst a man can just pack his bag and leave?

It is nice to have something like a big holiday that is planned in advance to look forward to, I have never done that, where it did not involve extended family etc.

I love your to do list.

Hi Karion,

Never did the two week holiday thing either, doubt myself and husband could get on that long...:confused:

The same here. We are both workaholics. I don't think either of us have had 2 weeks in a row off work before!
Why is it that women feel that they have to spring clean the house before they can leave it, whilst a man can just pack his bag and leave?

Possiby because he thinks he's just going on holiday whereas I think I'm off to die, or the house will get burgled and what on earth with the burgalar say if it's a mess....then the police will come in and fingerprint everything and comment on how hard it is with junk and dust everywhere.

So easy for a man :D

I must admit I can just pack and go...I love holidays and so does my hubby.......HOWEVER...he does insist on taking the whole house with him!!! What is that about??? Most people take a travel iron away with them... not him, its got to be the full size one that we take! He also packs fly spray, shoe polish (he hardly even wears shoes on holiday!)...the works!!!

Anyhow, Karion have a great time hun and enjoy it!!

Thanks Diva:)

We do pack lightly. Probably a bit too lightly, as we end up spending half the holiday searching the shops trying to buy stuff we haven't brought:eek:

Right....got to share this.

Eldest son isn't coming. We say "We'll wake you up Friday morning before we go to say goodbye"

His reply: "no...it's okay...just video yourselves and leave it out. I'll watch it when I have a moment"

:eek::eek:

LMAO - love it!!! :D Teenagers eh! :p

Okay...been shopping for school uniform today. Thank goodness it is just the one child now.:cool:

Grey suit = £120
PE kit (some still fits, so only needed the other half) = £32
Shoes = £65:eek::eek::eek:

Shirt, football boot, bag and shirts still to buy :( He's either got to stop growing or I'm selling him

Amazed to find he's a size 10 shoe. Biggest feet in the family now. Even bigger feet than his 6'2" 19 year old brother!

Supposed to be having a wisdom tooth out the afternoon. Bit concerned about that:( It's not 100%, we're going to decide today. Half of me is reluctant as the tooth doesn't hurt any more and I'm concerned that it will take too long to recover. The other half of me wants it out as it's given me so much pain in the last few weeks.

Anyway...new todo list
1. Spring clean house downstairs
2. [strike]Redecorate house [/strike] wash walls and paintwork
3. [strike]Have full body lift, slap on loads of moisturiser daily from today[/strike], buy moisturiser, have face lift and [strike]visit tanning salon[/strike], buy self tan stuff..
4. Have [strike]teeth veneered[/strike] tooth out and hair ungreyed and restyled

Honey - I hope you have a fantastic time, honey!!!

I've been to Toronto and it's a really cool place!!! Bet you'll love it!!!

Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures when you get back!

lots of love

Thanks Isobel. I think it's going to be our best holiday. People keep telling my son that it's a strange place to go and why would we want to go there..........?

Weird. Can't think of any place I'd rather go to these days :)

So anyway, went to the dentist this afternoon. Got myself in a right tiswas as I know wisdom teeth can be a b****r to remove and envisaged myself going to Canada doped up with a swollen face.

Got there and had a good chat with dentist. It seems that the roots have grown around the main nerve in my face. What a nerve!!! (groan)

He explained that the inflammation that I have there is the reason why I have lost the feeling in my lips. He said I could have damaged the nerves permanently and it may never come back :(

So, he's packed me off with loads more antibiotics to take to Canada and if they don't work, loads of another sort (but I won't be able to have any booze and they will make me sleepy).

In the meantime he is trying to arrange an urgent appointment with the hospital and they can see what can be done under general anesthetic.

so...todo list remains the same.

Nothing done at all, but have spent a lot of time walking the streets having a good old think, so extra calories have been awarded to me
celb%20%2823%29.gif

Hi Karion,

What an awful mess your tooth and face are in.

Have you got it done yet or what is the story?

Love Mini xxx

Thanks Mini.

My teeth are the pain of my life these days. You know how you can go through phases of having colds or whatever? I get it with my teeth. One tooth after another.

As soon as they give in and pull one out, another one starts playing up.

My dentist is a sweetie. He hates pulling them...not for the extra money he'll get treating the troublesome one. I know that. He does of a lot of the work for nothing!

So this time I had toothache, dentist dressed it, gave me antibiotics, did nothing. I paced the floor, went back had it redressed....repeat about a dozen times.

Another dentist looked at it and redressed it. Still hurt like crazy but I had moments of relief inbetween painkillers (which weren't working before).

Toothache is so painful isn't it. Not much to compare really. Childbirth comes close. Gall bladder attack....heart attack. Yep...think it's in that catagory when it's bad.

Still. Tooth has settled for the moment. Face isn't as swollen.

Fingers crossed it stays like that until after the holiday when they will see me again.

If it plays up during the holiday, I think I will......I will....I definitely will....sulk!

Okay...now I know I'm growing old :eek:

Doing the packing and find that medication bag is about 4 times bigger than makeup/toiletries bag:eek:

Okay...now I know I'm growing old :eek:

Doing the packing and find that medication bag is about 4 times bigger than makeup/toiletries bag:eek:

Hi Karion,

Have you everything packed by now for your big off!!!

When I am going anywhere I seem to take everything but the kitchen sink and then when I am away I never need half of what I brought...

I would love to be able to pack with half of what I usually do.

If you find an Internet café on your holidays I hope you will say hello as we will be missing you:)

Love Mini xxx

I haven't started packing yet:eek:

Not panicking though, done loads more washing, ironing, shopping getting stuff ready for back to school. Reckon the packing is going to be easy once everything is set out.

Weird there still seems so much to do though. I've been pottering around all week doing bits and bobs. Thought I'd be further on by now:confused:

Hi Karion,

Pierce got his letter from Uni for going back. He will be back in Uni in just two weeks an he finishes his work placement tomorrow.

He did five months there and the time seems to of flown.

How is your teeth today?

FIL had a big wisdom tooth taken out this morning, husband brought him, just as well as it was difficult to get out and I would say it will take him a day or so to get over it.

He is 85 and I think this is his second tooth that he has lost, maybe its the third, but not anymore than that...

His aunt got her first filling at something like 98:D

Where does all the washing come from:confused: :rolleyes:

I seem to be constant putting stuff in the washing machine and hanging it out on the line...

I need a wife:D :D :D

I am sure you have everything organised and it is just a matter of throwing it into the suitcases at this stage.

I am off myself back up to Donegal, so I have a bit to do here as well before I go.

Really going to miss you when your away...

Have you planned what you will be eating??? In order to keep that new figure of yours?

Or will it be thrown caution to the wind:rolleyes:

Love Mini

Back