Holy Smokes im now fitting into a waist 32

thanks slendablenda (great name btw) and well done

I was kinda sabbotaged but i was weak too plus i had a nasty head cold so wasnt feeling great and associated it with being hungry so when the pizza was ordered i gave in but that was then and this is now - I am on day one today (monday) feeling quite strong been for a long walk with my dog and have drunk so much water feel very full so im gonna take it one day/week at a a time,

thanks again for your comments its much appreciated

how do you cope with the hunger/boredom if you don't mind me asking?

Hunger will pass eventually, you need to learn to identify fake hunger too.

Drink water and see if it goes and if it does its fake ;)

Also as for boredom just dont dwell on food all the time, i know its hard initially but this too will pass, take up a hobby for example to refocus your mind.

how do you cope with the hunger/boredom if you don't mind me asking?

Hi, hope you don't mind me poking my nose it in...I agree with Huseyin, you need to identify what you are dealing with.

If its hunger is it emotional hunger or true hunger? (Paul McKenna) If it's emotional hunger it will strike suddenly - usually after something has happened, and in this instance you use food to soothe or celebrate. If it's true hunger, it rumbles in the background for a while, giving you a nudge now and then saying "feed me!"

As far as boredom goes, I have to be doing something at times when I would naturally eat - paint my nails, clean out the car, have a bath, do a sudoku, anything where my mind was occupied - take up airfix modelling!

Obviously these are just my thoughts and you will find your own way through this. One thing is for sure, you can bet that everyone in your group is battling with the same stuff.

Hope you settle back into it soon

xxx

thanks for the comments guys i have given in again only got to 4pm then pigged out-whats wrong with me? lol gonna start fresh tomorrow, 1974rach- have you tried lighter life/? i have done the cambridge diet which is virtually the same thing (but cheaper) and as for the "counselling" sitting in a room with other dieters talking about hunger is not exactly my idea of counselling lol what are your thoughts? thanks again xx

1974rach- have you tried lighter life/? i have done the cambridge diet which is virtually the same thing (but cheaper) and as for the "counselling" sitting in a room with other dieters talking about hunger is not exactly my idea of counselling lol what are your thoughts? thanks again xx

Have PM'd you honey

xxx

1974rach- have you tried lighter life/? i have done the cambridge diet which is virtually the same thing (but cheaper) and as for the "counselling" sitting in a room with other dieters talking about hunger is not exactly my idea of counselling lol what are your thoughts? thanks again xx

ok... can't PM you, so here's my thoughts.

Yes I've done LL, but am on CD because its cheaper, and to be honest, because I didn't get on with the counselling. I found the counselling very interesting, but didn't really learn anything I didn't already know (johari window being the exception), however I found it off putting airing something personal in front of people I didn't really know and in some instances didn't really like.

I am pretty sure you already know the fundamentals of dieting, and if you are anything like me, I'd get frustrated because while I knew the theory, for some reason I'd struggle to put it in to practice. Personally, I feel that no amount of counselling will ever "cure" me of my problem, I can learn to control it, but I will always have a weight issue, just like an alcoholic will always have a drink issue.

These diets are wonderful in that they take you away from food - I need that space from food at the moment, and they are also great at giving quick weightloss. BUT... you have to ride them out. You can't do foundation, walk away and get back to real food the next day. In order for these diets to work, you have to do them in the planned way. The experts know how to get you through this, don't try and re-invent the wheel, let them guide you and in six months time these wobbles will be a distant memory.

xxx

finally somebody understands me lol- I do feel like an addict sometimes and agree with you that you can take the food away and lose some excess weight but will always be a thin person trapped inside a fat body (and have june whitfield's voice asking me "just the one dear" in my head) I know a few counsellors and find it hard taking their advice when I know most of them have their own issues and its all counsellor speak- plus it doesn-t help my LL counsellor is quite large and insists she's on the diet and has been for ages??? it just doesnt add up plus I feel the same way you do about having to justify yourself infront of others, after all the adverts for lighter life boast one to one counselling and say thats why it's a bit more expensive?
I don't be.grudge the money it's the value for money or lack of that gets me - anyway tomorrow is another day and i just need to get my head around the whole giving up food for 8 weeks bit and your comments/advice have really helped thanks xxx

finally somebody understands me lol- I do feel like an addict sometimes and agree with you that you can take the food away and lose some excess weight but will always be a thin person trapped inside a fat body (and have june whitfield's voice asking me "just the one dear" in my head) I know a few counsellors and find it hard taking their advice when I know most of them have their own issues and its all counsellor speak- plus it doesn-t help my LL counsellor is quite large and insists she's on the diet and has been for ages??? it just doesnt add up plus I feel the same way you do about having to justify yourself infront of others, after all the adverts for lighter life boast one to one counselling and say thats why it's a bit more expensive?
I don't be.grudge the money it's the value for money or lack of that gets me - anyway tomorrow is another day and i just need to get my head around the whole giving up food for 8 weeks bit and your comments/advice have really helped thanks xxx

Hi I hope you don't mind me adding my own tuppence worth, but it sounds like you have issues with the whole LL set up, if you don't really agree with the concept, how can you stay true, maybe one of the othe vlcd who do not offer counselling may make you feel better? Or try another meeting with a different counsellor and people. Anyway I hope you find the right path for you.

thanks pancras think your'e right i tried really hard today but gave in again and the thought of going back to :LL depresses me and aLL i feel is guilt all the time xxxx

thanks pancras think your'e right i tried really hard today but gave in again and the thought of going back to :LL depresses me and aLL i feel is guilt all the time xxxx

Oh boy do I understand! If you are struggling, and it sounds as though you are, can you add a 810 meal - I know some of the CD'ers do this.

There is nothing wrong with not getting on with a diet, you have to try on a few until you find one that "fits" LL works for some, not for others. Please don't feel guilty - in my view guilt is the most destructive emotion a person can have because it destroys you.

Tell me to butt out, but reading between the lines I'd say your head isn't in the right place, and that my friend, is half the battle (all of the battle on some days).

let me know how you are doing honey

xxx

Hi Rach- thanks again your totally right my head is not in the right place right now and the guily is not helping but its going and im going back to the drawing board so need to find MY DIET

good luck on yours though xxxx

Back