Homemade burgers ??

Emb77

Hi , what can I put in my homemade burgers to make them really tasty. I've made them before but oh said they were abit boring. Would like to give them abit of a kick. Also - should I cook them under grill or in the oven.
Ta x

How about a bit of chilli powder or finely chopped chilli? Maybe a little coriander too, i fry my in good old frylight xx

hubby makes ours and puts either soy sauce or worchestershire sauce in them x - then fry in frylight bbq

I always add finely chopped red onion, a sprinkling of Aromat, some garlic and chilli flakes and a dash of Soy sauce to give my burgers lots of flavouring. Sometimes I also add a bit of cumin and some BBQ Frylight. You can add any kind of herbs / spices to them depending what you like.

I cook mine in the oven for around 15-20 minutes, as they are usually quite thick.

I always cook mine in the oven all suggestions here are nice another is to place cheese eg laughing cow or BB in the centre!

Try cooking them and placing cheese an bacon on top, you can also add onion to this on leaks. Makes a nice difference or try putting a baby bel in the middle when you make the burgers and when you cut it open the cheese oozes out

Mine come out great, and always go down well:

500g lean mince
small onion whizzed in the food processor
generous squirt ketchup
salt
pepper
1 egg
pinch mixed herbs
good shake of Aromat

I serve with jalepenos, gherkins and sliced onion, plus a dollop of mayo.

It's the ketchup and onion that makes them so good I think.

yep, i use garlic granules, rosemary and mixed herbs....chopped red onion, an egg, and i have done it with a light babybel in the middle and bacon wrapped around - but the babybel wasnt runny like i thought it would be - maybe its because i cook them in the oven not under the grill?

I cut open a Sainsbury's be good to yourself extra lean cumberland sausage & add garlic salt & oregano, then mix well and shape into a burger, then fry in a frying pan sprayed with frylight.

yep, i use garlic granules, rosemary and mixed herbs....chopped red onion, an egg, and i have done it with a light babybel in the middle and bacon wrapped around - but the babybel wasnt runny like i thought it would be - maybe its because i cook them in the oven not under the grill?

They don't go runny, that's just the type of cheese they are. They go more stringy.

If you're looking for a runny cheesey middle for your burgers, try using a Laughing Cow Light triangle, or just a bit of normal grated cheese.

They don't go runny, that's just the type of cheese they are. They go more stringy.

If you're looking for a runny cheesey middle for your burgers, try using a Laughing Cow Light triangle, or just a bit of normal grated cheese.

I did that with a blue cheese triangle and they were gorgeous!

Back