Homemade crisps

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Ceeps, 25 November 2009 Social URL.

1. Ceeps

Ceeps Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(20.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    While cooking the tea the other night I found a small potato left in the bowl with the peelings. I sliced it very thinly and sqeezed it dry with a rolling pin in between some kitchen towel and a t-towel. I then spayed the slices with fry light and put some salt and pepper on them am put them in the oven. They were a lot of effort but my god did they taste nice. Please tell me they were free!!!:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sapphire

Sapphire Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.41%)
    Diet:
    Barry Groves/Eat Fat Get Thin
    I think this is like the lasagne crisps controversy - I count them as free and I count your crisps as free (I made some like that in the microwave) but apparently some people do not count them as free because they don't fit in with the SW ethos - which is that we should be eating filling free foods, and crisps in any shape or form are snack foods and not really free.

Like I said though, I would say they are free, it's not like there's fat in them, and they've never affected my losses in the past.

4. Lindyxx

Lindyxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There was a debate on another thread about this whether they were free or not, but one of the posters had rang HQ and asked, and yes they are free :)

5. victorial85

victorial85 A moaning old boot!!!!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st2lb(24.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I think they are free as long as you dont abuse it and have lots and lots of them all the time. If your losses began to slow or stop then I would say they would be the first things to stop!!! :) :)

6. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    You can use carrots, parsnips and beetroot to do the same thing and they are delish. As already posted, just don't abuse!

7. NIKI

NIKI Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I asked my consultant about this 2 weeks ago and she said yes absolutley free, even got me to tell the rest of the class about them and have been asked to take some in as a taster next week - I think in future I will continue to make these because they are less fat/calories than buying a bag - bit of a ball ache to make enough for a 'bag' but worth the effort in reduced calories and you can pick what flavours you want! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.