Honey Chilli chicken drumsticks

nicolanikki13

I have these every Saturday night. They are yummy.

These are to die for!!!

1 pack chicken thighs or drumsticks
1 large onion
2 fresh red chillis (deseeded if you don't like to much heat)
1/2 - 1tsp dried chilli flakes
2tbsp of soy sauce
20g sweetner
fry light (I used olive oil fry light)
Method
pre heat oven 200 degrees
Remove skin from chicken pieces
chop chillis
chop onion in half then quarters
heat the frying pan with frylight wait until very hot
add the chicken wings & brown
add the chillis
when you can't breath anymore add the onions for about 1 min
wait another 1 min & pour over the soy sauce & sweetner & stir well
Take off the heat & keep stirring for a min or 2
pour contents into a oven proof dish & leave in the oven for 30-50mins
Take out & enjoy these lovely sticky sweet & spicy chicken pieces, my whole family fought over them don't expect any to be left!!
as these are so lovely your probably best to have these on a red day so they are totally syn free alternativly you could weigh a portion as a HEB & make up some stir fry veg & have some plain rice & use some of the sauce to have a lovely sweet, sour & spicy meal.

Totally syn free on a red day :)

Ohhh my, I've just got these in the oven, you wasn't joking about the "when you can't breath anymore" I'm still sat here stinging and coughing!

Can't wait to try them though, they smell delicious!! I'll let you know how we got on, thank you for the recipe!

All I can say is WOW, wow, WOW, wow and WOW!

My partner and I just had a drumstick and thigh each with a couscous salad, I mixed the onion mixture into the cous cous and we absolutely loved it!

Anyone who is wondering whether to try this, you will not be disappointed and it feels so so naughty too!

Thank you again for a wonderful recipe!

im going to try these 2night but im gonna adapt n use chicken breasts mmmm still not sure if i need 2 add honey as they are called honey chilli chicken but i didnt see any honey in the recipe ... if anyone knows could u please post n tell me
many thanks

sound good, but not free if you add the honey and when do you add the honey.

Its an old post and dont think the OP is around anymore.

not sure why they r called honey chicken .. i was guessing they had forgot to add it 2 the recipe list ..... but it makes sense now that maybey there is no honey as u rightly said they wouldnt b free ..... hmmmm 2 add or not 2 add is now the questtion haha ..... i was thinking of adding it just before i transfered into the oven ??

yum yum going to try these xx

Have copied out this recipe and included the ingredients I don't have already on my Tesco.com list for Tuesday - me thinks Wednesday dinner is sorted now ;) Cannot wait to try this!!!

not sure why they r called honey chicken .. i was guessing they had forgot to add it 2 the recipe list ..... but it makes sense now that maybey there is no honey as u rightly said they wouldnt b free ..... hmmmm 2 add or not 2 add is now the questtion haha ..... i was thinking of adding it just before i transfered into the oven ??

Probably called honey chicken as the original recipe would have used honey, but to make it SW friendly they have replaced the honey with sweetener.

Don't need to add, just stick to the recipe as it is.

I am cooking them now and they are smelling LUSH! The mix of sweetner / soy sauce taste similar to honey x

Back