Honeymoon!

berniegray242

Me and my lovely man are getting married in September - yipee!

Anyway we didn't think we'd be able to afford to go on honeymoon but we've just had some compensation but now we decide where to go... Any suggestions anyone?

We were thinking the Dominican republic... we only have about £1800 altogether and it looks like you can get a lot for your money there if you search for deals on line - we want something nice , it is our honeymoon after all! The good thing about leaving it 'late' is there are some great deals about :)

Anyway thanks for your help!!

Bernie x

Hi Bernie,

I'm also getting married in September and just booked our honeymoon yesterday!!

We're off to Brazil for a bit of adventure and relaxation.

I've had a good look around for destinations before booking and yes Dom Rep is very reasonable, also Jamaca can be well priced for an all inclusive!! You can also get sone really good all inclusive packages to the Greek islands, try Santorina, it's absolutely beautiful there, perfect got a honeymoon :)

how is your dieting coming along? Are you on track for the wedding?

Xxx

I reckon u could get a great deal to Mexico for that amount - maybe even Jamaica - we got married there & its gorgeous. I've been to dom republic twice & its also gorgeous - just be careful of the 151 rum - its lethal!! Go all inclusive as its much better value for money - there is a chain of all inclusive hotels in the carribean called Riu - they have them in dom republic. They are lovely, have great swimming pools, food & beaches - and my personal favourite - free mini bars in your room. You could easily go for 2 weeks and only spend £100 on tips while your there. Plus you usually get upgraded rooms if its your honeymoon- we got a suite in Jamaica with our own sitting room and whirlpool bath!!

What do you want to do when you get on your honeymoon, relax, sightsee, party????????? do you want it hot or warm, somewhere remote, somewhere quiet? More info please:D

Sorry I didn't give much info... I think I'm expecting you to all be mind readers!

We're looking for something beautiful where we can have a mixture of relaxation and also sight seeing. As long as there's an option to be able to leave the resort for some excursions we will be happy :) The temperature isn't too important as long as it's not cold! W're not massive party animals so not too bothered about having exciting night life.

Mojorock - What date are you getting married, ours is on the 3rd. It's sneaking up on us now! I'm so excited to actually having a honeymoon, it was the only thing missing really. Brazil sounds amazing! Apart from the flowers we're pretty much set now luckily... The diet's going ok, I need to lose another 2 inches of my waist for my dress but I'm upping my exercise and am starting to tone so I'm sure it won't be a problem. If not I'll have to wear sexy spanx pants under my dress!!!!

Kingleds: Thanks for the suggestions :) The rum sounds interesting lol Jamaica sounds amazing and it's not somewhere I've thought of before... I think I'll go and investigate :D

Bernie

We are mainly looking for all inclusive

We got married in Mauritius, and honeymooned there after, but that was 15 years ago, it cost us 2,000 at the time, which was for the three weeks we were there, fully inclusive... We paid for the wedding on top... It was beautiful, and I am sure it must be cheaper now or deals on... Have a wonderful time wherever you go, and enjoy your wedding day... Best wishes... Chelle xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Wow, 3rd September is no far away at all, you must be so excited :)

I'm getting married on the 17th September, just over 4 months away...scary!!

I need to loose between 10-14lbs, I lost 22lbs last year and 5.5lb so far this year, rally struggling with the last few lbs though :(

I weigh in on a Tuesday, hoping for 1lb this week, although I've just had a massive dinner, followed by a club and a frenh fancy :0

When do you weigh in? You said you need to loose 2 inches, have you been measuring yourself more than weighing?

I ordered my dress in march, size 14, but I'm hoping it will need taking in when it arrives in July!!

Any luck with honeymoon ideas??
xx

I love Greece for a holiday destination - so many gorgeous place you could go sight seeing.

I have been to dom rep & really enjoyed it, went all inc & got a good deal for our stay, but tbh I much prefer greece :) x

I think best plan is to visit some travel agents and get advice on where is best in Sept for weather and all inclusive deals!

We are getting married in October - and heading to Kenya on safari and then for a week in Zanzibar! I cant wait!

x

Ellebear said:
I think best plan is to visit some travel agents and get advice on where is best in Sept for weather and all inclusive deals!

We are getting married in October - and heading to Kenya on safari and then for a week in Zanzibar! I cant wait!

x

I am so jealous! We went to Kenya on Safari about 8 years ago & it was amazing. Keep saying we will go back but tis a bit expensive as we want to do the 2 week one which includes the Serengeti.
Are you going to Treetops? That was my fav bit!

Be careful where you choose in September as it's the end of the rainy season for a lot of places round about that time.

Do some research first for historical weather if you want the sun.

I've been to Dominican & Mexico and Mexico wins hands down every time. It's beautiful. I stayed in cancun & riviera maya just down from puerta del carmen and I preferred it there to cancun x

Ellebear said:
Yeah treetops is one of our stops!! Then some other lodges...:) is it good then??

Tis A-MAZ-ING!!!! We went with Kuoni and did the Cheetah safari. We saw everything - even lion cubs & baby elephants - and werr about 10 feet away from a white rhino @ treetops. The guides are brilliant, and the lodges are very nice, if a little basic, and Kenya is just a beautiful country. be prepared for no sleep at treetops though cos the animals come out at night so you have to stay awake to see them. I am so excited for you!!

Ellebear said:

x

How lovely... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Right after much deliberation we have booked our honeymoon in Jamaica!

It's a lovely 5 star all inclusive... So excited!!! Thanks for everyone's suggestions x

Oo oo - whats the name of the hotel & where is it? Got married in Jamaica & have been twice so can tell you the best things to do!!!

It's called the grand palladium lady Hamilton resort and spar in lucea in the north west of the island.... I'm so excited! All the reviews on line for the hotel are really good too...

Roll on September!

Back