5 Laughing cow light triangles, cut up in to pieces
1 tin sweetcorn
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tins tuna
1 tbsp tomato puree
84g cheese ( i used full fat red Liecester) - grated

cook the pasta in boiling water
soften onions in a pan
beat eggs and add yogurt and tomato puree and mix thoroughly season with salt and pepper

when pasta is cooked add the sweetcorn and the cheese triangles and allow to melt a little, then add tuna and sauce mix
pour into oven proof dish, sprinkle with the cheese and bake at 180c for 15 - 20 mins or until cheese has melted

Red onion and goats cheese filo tarts

IMGA0430.jpg

IMGA0431.jpg

for each one
1/2 sheet filo pastry ( from frozen pack)
1 tbsp of Syn free onion marmalade ( recipe on earlier page)
2 babybel goats cheese
frylight

cut the 1/2 sheet of filo in to 4, spray with frylight and place in to a yorkshire pudding tray, turning each sheet to form a 'star' shape.
place the onion marmalade in the centre. place 1 babybel in the centre and cut the other into 5 pieces and place around the edge.
Place in pre heated oven at 200c for 10 - 15 mins

The filo sheet is 3 syns and the babybel are 3.5 each....... but i used them as a HEA ( not sure if they really are, but they are in my house..lol)
so i ate it as a HEA and 3 syns

Just looked it up, the goats cheese ones arent listed online, but the normal babybel are 2 for a HEA and the emmental babybel are also 2 for HEA.... so thats good enough for me :)

Last edited:
Those tarts look yum. Babybell goats cheese??? OMG have got to get me some of those!

Those tarts look yum. Babybell goats cheese??? OMG have got to get me some of those!

They were YUMMY. I got the Babybel goats in Sainsburys, but its the usual hunt through your own supermarkets to see what they do. Your looking for GREEN babybel.

That tuna pasta bake looks sooo yummy! Is it really nice? does the yogurt actually taste yogurty? Im usually not a fan of using yogurt with savoury food but this looks too nice lol x

That tuna pasta bake looks sooo yummy! Is it really nice? does the yogurt actually taste yogurty? Im usually not a fan of using yogurt with savoury food but this looks too nice lol x

Hi,
YES it was yummy, you cant really taste the yogurt, my house mate who is very fussy ate it and said it was ok. (and a 'ok' from her means a lot!)

your recipes are amazing thank you very much. have made the onion marmalade and i am now converted it is so so yummy. have also made the chicken tikka masala gave it to my daughter and other half and they loved it too.

Thanks so much

Honey, soy and garlic King prawn stir fry

IMGA0448.jpg

2tbsp soy sauce
2tsp runny honey
chilli flakes - to your taste
2 cloves garlic, crushed
raw peeled King prawns

mix together ingredients in a bowl and marinade the prawns for 30 mins.
stir fry along with the marinade until cooked.
serve with stir fried veggies of your choice.

Was sooooooooooooooooo yummy.

Last edited:
At some point i will work out all the syn values/HE choices for all my recipes and add them. christmas is just getting in the way atm....lol

Syn free Onion Bhajis

IMGA0457.jpg

2 large white onions, sliced
1 can chickpeas
2 medium potatoes, peeled
2 Tbsp Bombay spice mix ( see next recipe)
1 egg

1) gently soften and lightly brown the onions in frylight, then leave to cool
2) boil til soft the potatoes, drain and leave to dry over the pan. Then mash ( a potato ricer is best) and leave to cool
3) blitz chickpeas in food processor
4) in a bowl combine the chickpeas, onions, mash potato, spice mix and beaten egg. Mix well.
5) shape in to small golfball sized balls and put on a frylighted baking tray, bake in oven ( 200c) for 15 mins ( or until lightly browned)
serve hot or cold.
Make a great syn free ( green or EE) snack to have in the fridge for emergencies.

Last edited:
Bombay spice mix

Pic to come

3 tbsp ground coriander
3 tbsp turmeric
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp dry mustard

combine all ingredients in a old spice jar and shake to mix. Use to make the above Onion Bhajis

Fajita spice mix

pic to come

2 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. cumin

combine all ingredients in a old spice jar and shake well to mix

I use mine when making SW wedges, just shake some over the potatoes and rub in and bake as normal

Tandoori chicken (or quorn)

IMGA0461.jpg

chicken

IMGA0460.jpg

and with Quorn

chicken ( i used breast for a HEB on green) or quorn fillets how ever much you want!

Marinade
175ml low fat yogurt
1tsp garam masala
1tsp grated fresh ginger
1tsp crushed garlic
1.5tsp chilli powder
1/4tsp turmeric
1tsp ground corriander
1 tbsp lemon juice
1tsp salt
few drops red food colouring

mix together all the marinade ingredients. Make 2 deep slits in the chicken/quorn and then marinade for 3 hours
preheat oven to 240c
trasfer chicken to a oven proof dish and bake for 20 - 25 mins ( until cooked through and browned on top)

Last edited:
Back