Haddock
peas
eggs
turmeric
onion, chopped

boil the rice according to pack with 1 tsp of turmeric in water
soften onions in pan with fry light.
hardboil the eggs for 10 mins, peel and quarter
Poach the haddock in water until cooked, flake and leave to one side, covered with foil to keep warm.
add peas to rice just before its cooked.
Drain rice and peas.
combine all ingredients and season

Last edited:
French Onion soup

IMGA0502.jpg

3 white onions, sliced
veg stock, 1 litre ( ish)
balsamic vinegar
thyme
garlic

soften the onions and garlic in frylight, then allow to caramalise and the pan to go brown ( not burnt though) keep it on a low heat.
add veg stock and thyme and simmer until slightly reduced.

Last edited:
Spanish Orange Cake

IMGA0503.jpg

IMGA0504.jpg

This is from the SW website

I made half of this recipe for the pictured cake

For the cake

4 eggs, separated
50g/2oz golden caster sugar
5 tbsp artificial sweetener
150g/5oz self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp finely grated orange zest
juice of 2 oranges
For the syrup

zest of 2 oranges, finely grated into long strips
juice of 2 oranges
1 tbsp arrowroot ( i used cornflour as had no arrowroot)
4 tbsp Splenda Brown Sugar Blend ( and just used normal sweetner as cant get brown one)

1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5. Line a 20cm/8in cake tin with non-stick baking parchment.
2. Place the egg yolks, caster sugar, sweetener, self-raising flour, baking powder and orange zest and juice in a bowl and whisk until thick and pale.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until softly peaked then fold them into the egg yolk mixture. Spoon this mixture into the prepared cake tin and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cake is risen and firm to the touch. Leave to cool.
4. Meanwhile place all the syrup ingredients in a saucepan with 90ml/3fl oz of water and bring to the boil, whisking constantly. When it starts to thicken, remove from the heat.
5. Drizzle the syrup over the cake and decorate with raspberries and grated orange zest. Cut into wedges to serve.

Last edited:
Oh my god, that cake looks to-die-for! I'm gonna go look for this recipe now.
Mmm, Kedgeree. Haven't had that since I was a kid. I'm definitely making this later in the week!

The website says its 4 syns a portion. however i just worked out the syns from the recipe and it came out as 3.4 syns per portion!

so 3.5 should be fine.

OMG

:p Just found your lovely recepies OMG you hasve inspired me. This is my first week so I will be trying several you fab receipes.....

Honey,
I am going to make the red onion and goats cheese filo tarts - one of my favourite combos, really looking forward to it. I was wondering why you used babybel goat's cheese - are they better syn value than normal goat's cheese do you think? Or was it just that they are the perfect size/shape?
Thanks again for all the scrummy ideas.
L x

the babybel's are 3.5 syns each.
normal goats cheese is 5syns per 28g

but i used them as i had them and thought they would work well.
Hope you like them :)

See that pig flying overhead there... no, over there...
I can't cook to save my life, unless you count microwaving as a cooking skill, it's been one of my downfalls on the plan. Eating the same old same old and getting fed up.
So I've been reading through your recipes for weeks. Back on plan today and so last night (drumroll please), I made the lemon curd and the broccoli and blue cheese soup. Yummy. And I made them myself (easy enough) but it's such a step forward for me. Thanks honey! Keep 'em coming!

See that pig flying overhead there... no, over there...
I can't cook to save my life, unless you count microwaving as a cooking skill, it's been one of my downfalls on the plan. Eating the same old same old and getting fed up.
So I've been reading through your recipes for weeks. Back on plan today and so last night (drumroll please), I made the lemon curd and the broccoli and blue cheese soup. Yummy. And I made them myself (easy enough) but it's such a step forward for me. Thanks honey! Keep 'em coming!

:clap::talk017::party0011: YAYAYAY well done :) glad you liked them, there will be no stopping you now :)

Last edited:
So pleased I've found your thread Honey! I'm veggie so only do green days, and lately have really been repeating myself with what I'm having. Will definately be making some of your recipes through the week. Thank you x Sarah x

Glad it was a winner :)
I have got my pasta guessing down to a fine art now...lol. hubby and I can eat a fair amount and my mate only has a small appetite, so doesnt have as much.

Back