*honey's Recipes

Wow thank you so much for all the inspirational ideas - love all the photos :)

Profiteroles

IMGA0540.jpg

IMGA0541.jpg

Whole recipe including filling and sauce is 29 making 3 profiteroles 3.5 syns
For the choux pastry
75g plain flour
pinch salt
150ml water
50g low fat marge ( make sure its suitable for baking - Flora light is NOT - i use clover lighter - 6.5syns per 28g)
2 eggs well beaten

Sift flour and salt TWICE
put water and low fat spread in a saucepan and gently heat til spread melts, then bring to a rapid boil
lower heat and tip in flour and mix well until a ball forms and leaves sides of pan clean
remove from heat and cool slightly, then gradually beat in the eggs ( keep beating - its looks like it has gone wrong ans split to start with, but keep beating. Think of it as body magic...lol)

Use immediatly.

I used a piping bag to pipe 24 choux buns on a tray. leave gaps between them as they need space to puff out.
Bake for 20 - 25 mins at 220c until golden.
remove and make a slit in each to let steam out and return to oven, switched off for 5 mins to dry out. cool on a wire rack.

Filling
1/2 tub Quark
3tbsp LF fromage frais
1 sachet options white choc
sweetner to taste

beat all ingredients together and pipe into cool choux buns

Chocolate sauce

14g cocoa powder
sweetner to taste ( equivelant to 28g sugar)
100ml milk
4g low fat spread
place all ingredients in a pan and heat until melted, bring to boil and boil for 2 mins until coats back of spoon ( keep stirring)

Last edited:
Apple Betty

IMGA0535.jpg

IMGA0536.jpg

Serves 3
I make it as 1 syn each for sultanas, as i am a tweaker and dont syn 1 apple cooked. couldnt find a syn value for one eating apple cooked, but a cooking apple was 4 so eater about 1/2 the size so say 2??

3 eating apples, sliced - peeled or not, up to you, i leave it on as cant be bother to peel!!
21g sultanas
1 vanilla mullerlight
1tsp vanilla essence
3 eggs
sweetner
cinnamon

arrange apples in a dish and sprinkle on sultanas,
Beat eggs and muller together with sweetner to taste.
pour over apples and spread over evenly. generously dust the top with cinnamon.
bake in oven at 190c for approx 30 mins

Last edited:
Layered spiced fruit

IMGA0526.jpg

serves 3
3 syns each
frozen berries - defrosted
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 star anise
3 tbsp sweetner
100ml water
1/3 tub Quark
3 tbsp fromage frais
1 options white chocolate sachet
1 x 150g pot tesco ready made custard

In a pan heat the water, sweetner, cinnamon and star anise, reduce to a syrup. set aside to cool
divide berries into 3 bowls,
mix quark, fromage frais and options sachet.
strain syrup and pour over fruit, dollop a spoon of quark mix on each bowl and divide custard between each.

Last edited:
'Butter' chicken/Quorn - modified from SW mag

IMGA0542.jpg

Chicken

IMGA0543.jpg

Quorn

1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, crushed.
2cm fresh ginger, minced
tin chopped tomatoes
4fl oz passata
1/2tsp cayenne pepper
1tsp Ginger
1tsp Turmeric
1/4tsp cinnamon
1/2tsp black pepper
2 cardomon pods
2 cloves
1 tsp ground cumin
1.5 tsp ground corriander
1tsp fenugreek powder
1/2tsp salt
1tsp sweetner
1/2tsp garlic powder
3 curry leaves
1/2tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
Chicken or quorn ( i used left over chicken from sunday roast)
18g coconut powder
veg or chicken stock cube
3 tbsp fromage frais

dry fry in a pan the mustard seeds, fennel seeds, curry leaves, seeds from cardomon pods, cloves then grind to a powder in a pestle and mortar.
Mix the together cayenne pepper, Ginger, Turmeric, cinnamon, black pepper, ground cumin, ground corriander, fenugreek powder, salt, sweetner, garlic powder in a bowl and add the other ground seeds.
Soften onion in fry light with garlic and ginger. add the spices and gently fry for a minute. add tin chopped tomatoes and passata. disolve stock cube and coconut powder in 100ml of boiling water and add. gently simmer with lid on for 15 mins, add cooked chicken/quorn and heat through. before serving stir in 3 Tbsp fromage frais.

Last edited:
3 colour carbonara

for 2
Pasta shapes - whatever quantity you want
2 eggs
1/2 tub quark
Quorn ham or bacon
garlic powder
red pepper, diced
leek, sliced
mushrooms, sliced
peas
savoy cabbage, shredded
84g low fat cheese

Cook pasta according to packet
beat eggs, quark and garlic powder together and set aside
soften in frylight leeks, peppers, mushrooms until soft
cook bacon ( i use geroge foreman) and cut in to pieces or cut quorn ham in to pieces
blanche cabbage and peas.
When all ingredents are ready tip into saucepan and mix in sauce and keep mixing on a low heat until sauce thickens, be careful not to heat for too long as it will go dry.
top with HEA of cheese

Last edited:
001-19.jpg

cooked spaghetti
Quorn ham/quorn bacon or HEB for real bacon or free bacon if EE(cooked already)
Sauce is ( for 2) 2 eggs and 1/2 tub Quark, salt and pepper. whisk together.
When spaghetti is cooked, return to pan and mix in sauce and bacon, keep stiring until the egg in the sauce just starts to set. dont over do it else it becomes really dry.
sprinkle with cheese HEA

thanks soooo much yummmmmmyy

Mexican basket

IMGA0547.jpg

1 onion, chopped
1 stick celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
Mince beef or Quorn mince
1 tin mixed spicy beans
100ml passata
1 tsp Paprika
50-100ml veg stock
HEA of cheese, grated
Weight watcher flour tortilla 1 per person (5 syns)
1 Avacodao mashed (2.5syns per 28g)
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
lime juice
chilli flakes
Iceburg lettuce
Fromage frais

Soften onions, carrots, celery in fry light, add mixed beans, paprika, passata, stock. brown mince in seperate pan then add to beans ( or add quorn) simmer with lid until cooked and sauce thickens a little.
Place flour tortilla in a frylighted ovenproof dish and press down to make a basket, bake for 5 mins until crisp and holds its shape.
Serve the bean mixture in the basket and serve with lettuce, cheese fromage frias, and blend the avacado, red onion, lime juice and chilli flakes to make a guacamole.

Everything looks fabulous, cannot wait to try the Mexican baskets! Thanks.

I made the tuna pasta bake at the weekend, it was absolutely delicious. I halved the recipe as it was just for 2 of us, but it was 2 very generous portions. DD never guessed there was yoghurt on it as it was so creamy. Thanks Honey for a great thread.

I made the tuna pasta bake at the weekend, it was absolutely delicious. I halved the recipe as it was just for 2 of us, but it was 2 very generous portions. DD never guessed there was yoghurt on it as it was so creamy. Thanks Honey for a great thread.

Cool glad you liked it, yeah you'd never guess it was yogurt.
we like generous portions ....lol :) so love this 'diet'

Diet coke chicken or Quorn

IMGA0550.jpg

Chicken

IMGA0549.jpg

Quorn

Chicken (I used breast and thigh and leg) or Quorn fillets
1 Onion, chopped
330ml diet coke
100ml passata
1tsp chinese 5 spice
1/2tsp garlic granules
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

gently soften onion in frylight, add chicken and brown off, add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil reduce heat a little and rapidly simmer until sauce thickens - NO LID but keep stirring.

hi there hun hope you are good. Been trying to find the recipe for your Rosti pizza with mediterranean veg and babybel goats cheese? it looks lovely and my mouth it watering at the sight of it!
xxx

Back