Hoping to Be Smaller Soon

You're doing fab! Keep that spirit up - even in the face of comments from relatives (we all have them!) xxx

Day 24. Another pound down! I can't quite believe it. In my head I signed up & committed to 28days and fantasised about loosing 2stone in that time. In my heart I never really thought it was possible and now I'm 6lbs off that!! It's amazing. My 28days is up on Monday. I haven't been as committed as I could have been but I haven't beat myself up about it and the food I have eaten, has been meat/protein and veggies. I really wanna give the next few days a really good go and seriously stick to plan. But I do struggle over the weekends. With the husband about eating lovely things! Anyway, I will get a good day under my belt today & tomorrow. Saturday & Sunday I will take as they come and hit them with the best intentions...
Royal visit yesterday was fine. After all the cleaning they just stayed an hour! AND I'd baked, not just for them, but I didn't tell them that! Neither of them touched one of my blueberry muffins!!! Anyway, it was fine. Dad didn't comment on my weight at all, but mentioned how he thought my husband had gained weight!!! Just goes to show doesn't it!!
As always ladies, thx for your support and positive comments. It does seem we all have a relative who feels the need to comment on our weight!
Ironically I had my 7mth old weighed yesterday at the clinic and he clocked in at 21lb 4! It's mental to think I've lost more than he weighs - cause he is a dumpling!!!
Anyhows, have super days. Talk soon

Well done on the pound down! I always remember reading a list of relative animals/objects in pounds and being surprised! When you lift up your little one remember how it felt to have that extra weight - I have a friend who when she lost 50lbs went to a pet shop and lifted up a 20kg or so bag of dog food and could barely stand!

Day 24. Another pound down! I can't quite believe it. In my head I signed up & committed to 28days and fantasised about loosing 2stone in that time. In my heart I never really thought it was possible and now I'm 6lbs off that!! It's amazing. My 28days is up on Monday. I haven't been as committed as I could have been but I haven't beat myself up about it and the food I have eaten, has been meat/protein and veggies. I really wanna give the next few days a really good go and seriously stick to plan. But I do struggle over the weekends. With the husband about eating lovely things! Anyway, I will get a good day under my belt today & tomorrow. Saturday & Sunday I will take as they come and hit them with the best intentions...
Royal visit yesterday was fine. After all the cleaning they just stayed an hour! AND I'd baked, not just for them, but I didn't tell them that! Neither of them touched one of my blueberry muffins!!! Anyway, it was fine. Dad didn't comment on my weight at all, but mentioned how he thought my husband had gained weight!!! Just goes to show doesn't it!!
As always ladies, thx for your support and positive comments. It does seem we all have a relative who feels the need to comment on our weight!
Ironically I had my 7mth old weighed yesterday at the clinic and he clocked in at 21lb 4! It's mental to think I've lost more than he weighs - cause he is a dumpling!!!
Anyhows, have super days. Talk soon

Well done on that! I have a parent like that, she seems to pick on my youngest though and leave me alone..
:rolleyes:

Well today is day 28 and Sod's law bring as it. I have my totm!!
But I have managed to lose 6lbs this week and get down 14st 4!!! I have done nothing differently, I guess that's just the beauty of this diet!
I have none the less had a wobble. I had some chocolate on Saturday and yesterday. More than I would have liked to of, but the thirst had been building up. But. It's done, it's over, I can't change it. I thought it would be better than it was. I'm not gonna beat myself up over it. I'm gonna move on.
My weight was actually 14 6 this morning. But I'm gonna put that down to the period and not the chocolate.
I did also have bar b q & salad on Saturday night. And gammon, peas and beans (at the mother-in-laws) last night.
Interesting enough, I haven't had a lot of packs over the weekend. I had breakfast Saturday and a bar and that was it. Apart from the 2 meals and chocolate!! I didn't feel hungry at all. Unfortunately we couldn't get the bar b q pack we usually like from the butchers web we bar b q. So we went with supermarket stuff - this has never ever been a problem in the past. However. I bit into a sausage and found what looked like a bit of tooth in it! My husband assured me it wasn't but you know when you get something stuck in your head. I'm also conscious that eating won't help my weightloss and to be honest, it all made me feel really very sick and completely put off of 'food'.
I read the new success story that is on the s&s website and again felt inspired by someone loosing amazing amounts of weight and it reminded me that this woe for a short period of time could get me to where I want to be weight wise long term.
Getting back to the 'food' issues I had, it almost makes me feel food is the enemy at the moment, especially after the tooth incident. I ate the salad happily and ate enough of the bar b q bits on my plate for my hubby not to get offended. But I did feel it was a punishment almost for coming off the plan.
But at times my will power was rock solid, due to visiting family we ended up in Burger King, where I just had a coke zero and watches hubby devour what I would have normally eaten. Whilst helping my little one eat hers and I wasn't bothered at all by it!
I guess what I am aware of is that although my weight is lower than it's been in years. My food demons are changing and developing in a new way with this new woe!!
Nothing in life is free is it!!!
Talk soon

Last edited:
Day 29 - 2x shakes, a bar & a spicy spagetti with courgette :) DONE
Today has been a good day, I gave blood today. Something which I have done for years and years. I always enjoy going, feel like I am giving something back and all that. But most of all I like the biscuits. In the past I have eaten a few packs sat there, when I think people aren't looking, not noticing that I am bingeing on biscuits. If only it stopped there. But this time was diffrent. I had my breakfast shake late took my lunch one with me, drank a load of water before & whilst I was there, had a coffee afterwards and then drank my shake in the car afterwards !! Brilliant!!
I had over thought this whole thing, i need the biscuits, my blood sugar level, I'll pass out, what if I can't drive etc etc. Every possible excuse that I could have thought up to 'allow' myself to have the biscuits has entered my head in the past 8 or so hours before going. But one though stuck, if I have the biscuits, it'll take me out of ketotsis and then I'll gain weight and it'll take another couple of days to get back in & will I? Or will Ijust have a massive binge for a week or so before I get back to the same thought, that I can't carry on at this size, this way and start again. So why don't I just avoid that whole process, skip the bisciuts and see how I get on. If i feel bad I can have some squash or something and I can always get my shake from the car if I do feel funny. There are loads of people around to help me if I am unwell so let's just try !
It sounds so stupid to be telling you this, as biscuits are a bit of a trigger food for me. I don't really know why. I do enjoy them, but I can't really eat them perspective. You know, have 2 and leave it. I can make myself a cup of tea and loose all the tea to dunking 20 or more biscuits, that I'll have to make myself another cup of tea to drink!! Mental. I guess, like most food which I have identified as triggers, I tend to just avoid them rather than having in moderation - obviously not at all now on S&S, but you know !
Anyway, today has been a good day ! Tomorrow should be good too - I'm going back to college !!
Talk soon
P.S. I have taken a pound off of the 2 period pounds I gained another good things about today :)

You are doing great, triggers are great to identify and get rid of one by one like in a shooting gallery! Lol, v well done in your bikki one, like you I have one and then the rest. I know my trigger is boredom..

I think boredom gets to us all biggusbirdus, it's just recognising it before you've loaded up on food. I usually realise too late with that one. But like you said, one step at a time and it made my day x

Hoped on the scales this morning and I'm holding at 14st 2.6. I can't believe I'm 3lb away from being in the 13's....
I missed a pack last night. I started college, a 12wk evening course each Wednesday which will make me a childminder at the end of it. Am not sure if it is what I want to do. It was when I enrolled but that was a while ago now. It is certainly gonna be a lot of work in my already busy world. But it will be a distraction away from food, which is always a bonus! So I shall go with it and see how I feel at the end of it.
It's also high lighted the fact that I don't have a laptop. It's broken. I had meant to replace it but it didn't happen. I thought i'd prefer an iPad, then a MacBook and now, I don't know!!! Anyway College will lend me one but it doesn't go online, but it'll help with the course work!!
Anyhow, we're off to play group this morning. Talk soon

Day 33. I drank last night, the best part of a bottle. It's true what they say, you should avoid alcohol because it weakens your will power. It did mine, we had a take away in the end (just chicken tikka for me with cheese & spinach) but I drank most of the bottle of wine and a significant amount of chocolate. Which had nuts in it, not sure why I went for that, I guess I thought at least it was providing something good !! Anyway, hubby and I were talking and one thing led to another, the take away took ages to arrive and before I knew it, I drank the bottle. And it stayed there for a while, until about 530am this morning, when I was sick !! I'm kind of glad really, as it was a load of crap to put in my body, I'm glad it didn't stay. I do feel rough today thou !! I am really struggling at the weekends. I'm going to order some more bits so I have more of a variety of flavours and things. Perhaps that will help. I bought a suede too, so that should mix up the veggies a bit too ! Hopefully once the weekend is over, I will find my will power again and get my head down, bringing on the 13's for me on the scales. That would be amazing. And I would have lost 2stone too which is brilliant !
I'm going to get my sisters Cambridge stuff. Have been thinking about refeeding a lot and reading the various threads about girls doing it. The most positive info seems to be with the cambridge system, so am going to get my hands on that and have a read. I'm not going to start yet, I'm really only nearly half whay through, but forewarned is forearmed isn't that the saying ? I am definitley going to stay on S&S in some kind of way. I have my birthday round the corner (November) then we have Christmas & New Year, we also have some big parties next year and a big family wedding in July. My neice has also just got engaged, it wouldn't suprise me if they decided t get married next year. All these events are reasons to keep my weight in check so I can look lovely.
Also. Last night amongst the wine & take away there was a lot of talk about another baby. It's the first conversation my husband & I have had which has been positive to having another baby. We have one of each now and he sees the family as complete. But I don't, I don't feel ready to not have a baby in my life. Of course my two will always be my babies and I love them more & more each day; so much it is beyond words. But, I don't feel my family is complete yet. I was in my 15's (stone) when I feel with both my babies. It would be amazing to be pregnant and not so heavy - again, another reason to keep my weight in check for another 10mths or year or so !
So. To summaries. Not brilliant with my food, but my head is in the zone, for the long hall !
Talk soon

Hopingtobesmallersoon said:
Day 33. I drank last night, the best part of a bottle. It's true what they say, you should avoid alcohol because it weakens your will power. It did mine, we had a take away in the end (just chicken tikka for me with cheese & spinach) but I drank most of the bottle of wine and a significant amount of chocolate. Which had nuts in it, not sure why I went for that, I guess I thought at least it was providing something good !! Anyway, hubby and I were talking and one thing led to another, the take away took ages to arrive and before I knew it, I drank the bottle. And it stayed there for a while, until about 530am this morning, when I was sick !! I'm kind of glad really, as it was a load of crap to put in my body, I'm glad it didn't stay. I do feel rough today thou !! I am really struggling at the weekends. I'm going to order some more bits so I have more of a variety of flavours and things. Perhaps that will help. I bought a suede too, so that should mix up the veggies a bit too ! Hopefully once the weekend is over, I will find my will power again and get my head down, bringing on the 13's for me on the scales. That would be amazing. And I would have lost 2stone too which is brilliant !
I'm going to get my sisters Cambridge stuff. Have been thinking about refeeding a lot and reading the various threads about girls doing it. The most positive info seems to be with the cambridge system, so am going to get my hands on that and have a read. I'm not going to start yet, I'm really only nearly half whay through, but forewarned is forearmed isn't that the saying ? I am definitley going to stay on S&S in some kind of way. I have my birthday round the corner (November) then we have Christmas & New Year, we also have some big parties next year and a big family wedding in July. My neice has also just got engaged, it wouldn't suprise me if they decided t get married next year. All these events are reasons to keep my weight in check so I can look lovely.
Also. Last night amongst the wine & take away there was a lot of talk about another baby. It's the first conversation my husband & I have had which has been positive to having another baby. We have one of each now and he sees the family as complete. But I don't, I don't feel ready to not have a baby in my life. Of course my two will always be my babies and I love them more & more each day; so much it is beyond words. But, I don't feel my family is complete yet. I was in my 15's (stone) when I feel with both my babies. It would be amazing to be pregnant and not so heavy - again, another reason to keep my weight in check for another 10mths or year or so !
So. To summaries. Not brilliant with my food, but my head is in the zone, for the long hall !
Talk soon

How you doing today? Hope your hangover wasn't so bad..

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi BB. Yes the hangover didn't kill me, but it hard when you have little ones. No peace with a headache!! It didn't do the diet many favours. It sabatotaged my will power and I had things over the whole weekend which I really shouldn't have. Perhaps if i hasn't felt so weak, I would haven't have eaten them. As a result it's taken me 3 days to get back to my lowest weight from last week!! I hope now I have it out or my system, I can stick to my plan and lose the 2lbs I need to, to get into the 13st's. Can't wait to see that on the scales I tell you!!
I also had a delivery last week of the eBay slim & save shakes, the ones which have dodgy sodium in them, just one of each flavour. Anyway, I've been wisking them up in the blender and they are really nice. Cookies and Cream was delicious, raspberry was nice. Still have the toffee to go but I have high hopes. So much so I ordered a load more!! Bargain at the price - 30 shakes for £30 inc p&p! Looking forward to them arriving tomorrow/Friday :) Yum!
Today is day 37 I think! And I have lost 26lbs to date!! We have friends for dinner Saturday, I'm cooking coq au vin, with mustard mash, broccoli & peas followed by apple pie, custard and cream. The apple pie is a modern funky recipe tho which is a cake, with sliced apple on top. Kinda cool I thought. I'll have chicken & broccoli only. And maybe some olives!! I'm so desperate to get to the 13's I don't think I sway too far off plan this weekend! My friend is also pregnant, so won't be drinking which means I won't be bothered either and after last weekend. I can't imagine a need for booze again soon!
So that's me up to date! Talk soon

Last edited:
Hi BB. Yes the hangover didn't kill me, but it hard when you have little ones. No peace with a headache!! It didn't do the diet many favours. It sabatotaged my will power and I had things over the whole weekend which I really shouldn't have. Perhaps if i hasn't felt so weak, I would haven't have eaten them. As a result it's taken me 3 days to get back to my lowest weight from last week!! I hope now I have it out or my system, I can stick to my plan and lose the 2lbs I need to, to get into the 13st's. Can't wait to see that on the scales I tell you!!
I also had a delivery last week of the eBay slim & save shakes, the ones which have dodgy sodium in them, just one of each flavour. Anyway, I've been wisking them up in the blender and they are really nice. Cookies and Cream was delicious, raspberry was nice. Still have the toffee to go but I have high hopes. So much so I ordered a load more!! Bargain at the price - 30 shakes for £30 inc p&p! Looking forward to them arriving tomorrow/Friday :) Yum!
Today is day 37 I think! And I have lost 26lbs to date!! We have friends for dinner Saturday, I'm cooking coq au vin, with mustard mash, broccoli & peas followed by apple pie, custard and cream. The apple pie is a modern funky recipe tho which is a cake, with sliced apple on top. Kinda cool I thought. I'll have chicken & broccoli only. And maybe some olives!! I'm so desperate to get to the 13's I don't think I sway too far off plan this weekend! My friend is also pregnant, so won't be drinking which means I won't be bothered either and after last weekend. I can't imagine a need for booze again soon!
So that's me up to date! Talk soon

Love the toffee and the cookies one, I have them hot with coffee.

Hangovers and little people don't mix!
Have a great dinner party, fingers crossed you get into the 13's soon, I remember that victory well!

Day 39! So far I have had a left over sausage from my daughters plate & a small chunk of cheese. I don't know why. I've had 2 shakes this morning, although wasn't as taken by the toffee as I am by the cookies and cream and raspberry. But still nice :)
I had a rotten day yesterday and had tuna & cu at lunch time and then Sausages when I got in from college. I had a bar and porridge as well, so I started off ok. Oh yea. I also had about 6 chocolate biscuits at my Nan's - thankfully the scales aren't reflecting anything different. But I just don't know what is wrong with me. The
Mind is willing but the hand keeps feeding the face!!
Talk soon

Day 40 - after not a brilliant day yesterday, but I just jumped on the scales and I'm a pound down. I hope this can keep me from nibbling today!!
Talk later

Day 40 - after not a brilliant day yesterday, but I just jumped on the scales and I'm a pound down. I hope this can keep me from nibbling today!!
Talk later

How you doing? Hope today went well..

Day 45. The meal was super and had a lovely time. Coq au vin really is so easy to make and yummy. Once again, I had too much wine but this time it lead to a weekend of eating off the rails and eating Carbs!! I enjoyed what I had and don't regret it. I think cause I know where I am going diet wise long term. I have just accepted what I did, picked myself up and got back on it Monday. I'm pleased to say today I am at my lightest now of 14st exactly! I can hardly believe it, I have lost 2st in just over a month! I never thought this was possible. I am running low on stocks now and only have shakes left, plus a porridge, 4 chilli's, a curry and a cottage pie. I have roughly an 7day supply now so i need to sort my next delivery out!
I definitely think the 4 shakes a day has made a difference to my weightless this week. I weighed in yesterday at 14st 4. It is harder not to eat anything and I did drink a shed load of water, but SO so worth it!! Can't wait to see what the scales say in the morning after another day or 4 shakes only!
Talk soon

HTBSS - Fantastic weight loss in such a small space of time - what an inspiration!

Day 61 - thanks Derika.
Well, I haven't been around lately and I bet you can guess why. I got to 13st 13 last week and came off the wagon again. This time it consisted of Friday, Saturday, Sunday AND MONDAY ! And included carbs! My benders are getting longer and seen to have no perramerers at all now. I'm dreading getting back on the scales this week. So I did something positive this morning, whilst I was debating if I should toast up & eat all the bread in the bread bin; having 'one more day' off plan. I got on the wii fit. I haven't been on for months, probably 4. So I knew there was gonna be a good loss on there. And there was :D 2stone 4lbs to be precise and my bmi had come down from just over 40 to just over 35 yay!! I did a 21minute work out and needless to say, having exercised the brain, I was in a great head space, made up my shake and really enjoyed it! I set another goal on the wii fit for a stone & a half in 6mths which will bring my bmi down to just over 30. If I can get it into the 20's, that would be amazing!!!
So well in the zone now, I'll have another 3 shakes today probably get on the scales in the morning and check out the damage! But feeling good and have kinda struck up a deal with myself to do a 30day shed of my own. We go away on the 4th November for a week in the lakes. I'm not gonna diet whilst away. But I do want to be in a good space for going as we are sharing the cottage with my mum & step father. Although I am relatively happy with how I look now. (comfortable size 16) my tummy is still very big and wobbly. So 30 days on the wii each day or doing some tummy crunches or doing something for 20mins has gotta help?! I am really rubbish with exercise even more now than I was before the kids and part of me thinks 'just diet until it looks ok' but I am lighter than I have been in years and it still doesn't look great, so some exercise can't do it any harm and it's just 30 more days!! Right!!! Ha ha ha !
Watch this space!
Talk soon

Day 62
Jumped on the scales this morning. 14st 3 - so not too bad. I had a good day yesterday. College tonight so another good day today. Hopefully I'll see the 13's again this week.
I don't hold much hope for the weekend. Hubby has some time off, so he's at home Friday, Monday & Tuesday. We're going down to his Nan's Sunday over night. So that is 36hrs I won't be able to be on plan. But I wanna get off last weekends weight so will stick to plan today, tomorrow and Friday and see what happens... I must order some more stock as well! Running very low !
Talk soon

Back