Hotel stay/meals advice needed please.

Delicious!! I miss red meat, a juicy steak would go down a treat right now! Strangely, I don't fancy chocolate probably as I have a choc shake and choc orange bar every day! Hope everything else with the trip is going well, sounds like you're being royally spoilt :p

Wow sounds like you've had a lovely time! Don't blame you either, just get back into it Friday. Fingers crossed it gives you a little boost x

It was a fabulous anniversary break with a lovely spa, comfy room, huge bed ;-) great views of lakes, golf greens and fountains :) ...and lots of yummy, fattening foods and alcohol! But it's ok, back to TS tomorrow and I will never know how much I gained in 36 hours cos the scales are well and truly hidden til the end of the month!!!

Oh that sounds lovely!!!! So glad you treated yourself and had a fabulous time!!! I'm on the bus on the way to the airport for my holiday and am soooooooo nervous as I've left all my packs at home! Wow, who knew they'd be a crutch of some sort?!!!! Am looking forward to extra energy, I plan on doing a lot of swimming!!! :)

Oh you lucky thing Joy! Have an absolutely fan time. Have a drink (or two!) for me, I really miss my drinkies ;-) xx

I'm back! So I had a wonderful time in Greece, wore a bikini without feeling too self conscious which was nice!! Ok, so it probably wasn't the best look in the world, but you know, there were other people much larger than I was out and about in bikinis sunning themselves so I felt a bit better about that. AND I noticed that no one was looking at them or making any remarks, nor were they looking at me strangely for wearing one in public, so happy days there!

Foodwise I found it really interesting. I just wasn't that hungry! I was so looking forward to going and eating loads of yummy greek food, but I found that I'd have breakfast, then not be hungry til 4:30 in the afternoon, and even then, I had to remind myself to eat! So I pretty much had small meals, twice a day, sometimes 3 times, but pretty rarely. Which was really awesome! I tried eating a brownie, and found that I could only eat half the piece and even then was a struggle, and the ice cream that came with it tasted so bad I could only have 3 spoons of it. I had to force myself to have as much as I did!! Normally I'd scarf it down and want more. So I was delighted with that. I think my taste buds have changed!

I put on 2kgs (4lbs approx) when I weighed myself, but that is the glycogen back in my muscles so I'm not really upset about that (as much as I hoped I'd stay the same).

The most interesting thing about being away, was how much everything people do is centered around food. I was waiting for a bus, and saw a pub across the road in the sunshine and couldn't go in, cos I didn't want anything to drink or eat... Interesting how we'll eat/drink just to kill time (I had plenty of water with me so didn't really want to buy any). Then I found I had so much more time for things as I wasn't needing to refuel too often. In fact a lot of the times I thought I might be hungry, I had a drink of water and I felt full, so it was obviously just thirst! :)

Came home and my housemate thought I'd lost weight while gone! I haven't measured myself so I don't know, but I'll wait til my proper weigh in day and hope for the best. My clothes are still getting looser so that's a great sign! :)

I'm really pleased with myself for not pigging out. After that first day when I didn't enjoy the sweet food, I pretty much stayed away from it as I thought it would taste awful and didn't want to feel disappointed again. I didn't really need it cos I wasn't hungry! These plans work really well!!! :D

Hiya Joy! So glad you had a fab time and it really seems you've got this food thing cracked, I can tell maintenance is going to be easy for you :) Well done xxxxx

Welcome back joy! Congrats on the fab maintenance over your hols. I'm off in August and this is inspiring :) except I'm really looking forward to an ice cream, I hope I don't dislike it the same as you ;)

Thanks Guys! It's great to be back and on the plan again!! Strangely enough I missed it while I was gone!

You'll be absolutely fine Smidge! It's amazing how not hungry you can be! I'm sure you'll find a lovely ice cream to totally enjoy! It could've just been the place I was at that just made nasty tasting ice cream. I didn't try it a second time so who knows :) Really not long til your holidays now!! Where are you off to again??

Thanks Buttons!!! I really hope you're right about the maintenance! I was absolutely terrified before I left that I'd overeat and I'd undo all the good work I'd done. Thankfully that didn't happen though! :) Here's to us all reaching maintenance and flying through problem free! :)

Off to lanzarote I'm so excited! I'm going to remember you when I go for sure and make sure I keep myself on track as best I can! I've bought myself a bikini for the first time ever as well :eek: hoping if my belly starts looking a bit too bloated it'll remind me to be good rather than the usual maxi dress/kaftan cover up lol

Lol. You get Lanzarote and I get Cornwall! Ha ha. If this weather holds up it'll be great, but I reckon it'll start raining, oh about the 1st August! I'm back on track, had a great 100% day yesterday, feeling good and the scales are 1.5lb down this morning ;-) (put 2 on for my blip) Maybe I might shift that extra 10lb before our holiday :)

Ha ha don't worry hun, I've got to go with the parents-in-law as well so I think that equals us out a bit ;) go you for the 100% day, here's to a few more before that holiday of yours! I bought some new clothes online yesterday but think I might have been a bit conservative with my size choices! I might need to accommodate a bit of bloated belly lol!

I'm sure you won't be too bloated!!! Yay go for that bikini and live it up!!!! And the maxi dress will be great protection from a sunburned belly :)

I've heard Cornwall is gorgeous and if the weather continues it'll make for a fabulous holiday location :)

Whoop whoop!!! Just weighed myself, I got rid of the glycogen refill and it took another kg with it!!! So I'm down 6.6lbs this week after my holiday (I'm weighing in slightly early as I restarted the plan on Tuesday when I got back but Sundays my weigh in day). :) so the holiday was just a blip easily gotten rid of and it's been pretty easy to go back Ono the diet again after (phew!!!)

Well Done. I gained 9lb in 10 days on holiday. Been back 10 days and have a 1-2lb to go to get back into target range before Wed night x

Thanks Joy, I'm actually looking forward to my bikini turning up so I can try it on :D fab news on the weigh in, especially a day early - go girl!! You've really proven holidays needn't equal a diet meltdown :)

Well done ladies. I'm just back from Cornwall, nowhere I'd rather be when the weather is this good?! Back down there Wednesday for a week, can't wait already. X

Goldlady, well done! It's great to know the weight can come off again so quickly if you do gain!!!

Smidge you're gonna rock that bikini!!! :) can't wait to hear how awesome it is!!! And thank you, I'm so glad my experience is helpful to others!!! :)

Plymscuba, enjoy Cornwall!! The weather is amazing at the moment!!! :)

Plymb, perhaps you could recommend some places in Cornwall if you know it well?! We're staying at Liskeard. Got tickets for the Eden Project and plans to go surfing, but not a lot else yet. Would be great if we could find some places we could take the lil pooch too.

Hmm I don't know that side very well I'm afraid? I personally didn't really enjoy the Eden project, but I think thats more me rather than the place! I have been to watch some bands down there and that was fab. Not sure if any of yours are into trying watersports? If so Siblyback is near Liskeard and thats pretty popular. Dobwalls adventure park too although I haven't been there in years?!

My caravan is near Padstow so I'm on the North coast side. Great base all around there. x

Back