How about a poll?

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
Gosh I can literally see tumbleweeds blowing about this forum today, where's everyone? :wave_cry:

So anyway I thought a nice poll would liven things up a bit? Just copy and paste the questions and answer away!

1. What was the turning point that got you to try SW?

2. What's the biggest change you've made to your lifestyle since starting SW?

3. How has SW changed your life?

4. What's your exercise of choice?

5. What's your favourite SW meal?

6. What's your favourite low syn treat?

7. What do you do to pamper yourself that's not food related?

8. What's your favourite bodywash/gel/soap?

9. What's your favourite body lotion/butter?

10. What do you do to celebrate each milestone loss? (i.e. every half stone or stone or whatever you decide)

Thanks for playing! :)

I agree! Very quiet around here today - do you all have lives outside of Minimins??!!!

Not being able to wear the dress I'd bought for good friends' wedding last September and not being happy with the 'old' clothes I had to buy just so I had something!

Planning what to eat as opposed to eating on the hop, and therefore making 'bad' food choices!

I feel healthier, happier and more energetic than I have for a long time!

Just started running and surprisingly enjoy it! Love swimming too and when I get to target I'll start horse-riding again - can't wait!

SW KFC chicken with a lovely big salad

Discovered it last night - Mullerlight with blueberries and 3 x mini M&S Belgium meringues crumbled over (1.5 syns)

Manicure - love to look after my nails - I have more nail varnishes in the fridge than food sometimes!

I'm a big Elemis and Philosophy fan

Always go back to Palmers Cocoa Butter

10. What do you do to celebrate each milestone loss? (i.e. every half stone or stone or whatever you decide)

OH buys me a Pandora charm for my bracelet for every half stone I lose and when I get to target, both OH and the parents have said they'll treat me to a new wardrobe!

xxx

Seeing my picture from my brother's wedding in August 2008 - i was clearly twice the size of anyone else and was absolutely disgusted with myself.

Activity - as the energy levels have increased so has the activity - i've gone from just existing to living and sometimes have to remind myself just how good it feels.

More energy, more confidence, more "get up and go". I can do so much now that I haven't been able to do before - both in terms of activity and in just general day to day activities.

Excercise? Whats that? Activity is how i view it -and walking is my activity of choice - i'll walk up to 9 miles a day at weekends, and a mile or two most evenings.

Ohhhh... steak and steamed veg? quorn chilli? Or just a good full grill.

Low syn - walkers french fries. or when doing green days - suishi. Free - frozen pineapple or frozen muller lights.

I don't really have a pamper routine. but just like to feel good in myself (going back to proving i'm alive from time to time - just (normally) by doing something crazy).

Questions 8/9 not relevant to me, so snipped.

I've set targets for myself all the way along...

4st loss - took out a loan to replace my car with the money i was saving from not eating takeaways and junk all the time
8st loss - a day off plan (that wasn't that far off plan in the end)
10st loss - a new watch - i'd been wearing my old one since i was 16 - i turned 36 this year).
the next celebration will be for getting this far and hopefully to target (14st1.5lb loss) by end of July - I'm jumping out of a plane for the NSPCC - anyone wishing to sponsor/donate - please see link below - every little helps).

I'd been losing weight on my own, but kept putting off weigh day when I'd been bad, so I figured it was time to get some culpability

Not snacking on chocolate/biscuits/cakes during the day

It's made me think more about food, and be better at planning and budgeting

At the moment, it's jogging on the Wii. But that might change!

Gammon (B), jacket potato, tinned spagetti and omelette, on green. Chicken breast wrapped with bacon, cheese (A) on top, Cheese spread and chive sauce (A) and small jacket potato (B) on red.

meringue (2.5- asda), strawberries, mullerlight and crushed mikado (0.5 each)

I don't really, I'm not a girly girl usually

Currently white musk bodywash from the Body Shop that I had for xmas

Another bodyshop white musk one

I don't remember for my half stone, bronze award I had new trainers, silver I had my Wii :)

I started gaining weight after my wedding. I'm not proud but I went on the Cambridge diet to lose just under 2st before the big day and as soon as I came off it I put on three!!! I'd done SW and lost weight in the past but I'd never been really heavy, only needing to lose 10lbs - 1st at a time but for the first time I actually felt *fat* and it was not a good feeling. I decided on an impulse one morning to join a group and I searched the SW website for a group that was running that day because I had to start NOW! It turned out that the group was fabulous and lively. I was invited by a group of ladies to join them for coffee after class and that was it!

I've cut out all the junk and stopped cooking with great big hunks of butter and cheese lol. I also make time for each meal, not eating on the go and savour every mouthful. Oh and I walk everywhere now!

I feel totally in control of my diet and I feel so happy and content in the knowledge that I'm feeding my body good, healthy, nutritious food. I can also wear nice clothes and not feel self conscious about my body. Next stop, bikini!!!

I walk everywhere and dance whenever the opportunity come up. I go out dancing with friends regularly, armed with my bottle of water. I also take salsa classes

Rice and anything, fish, vegetables, curries etc. As long as there's a serving of rice on the plate, it's all good :D

Options hot chocolate - 2 syns
Cadbury's highlight mousse - 3 syns
2% Greek yogurt with 2 tsp honey - 2.5 syns

Long luxurious baths with a face mask, glass of ice cold lemonade (diet) and a nice book. Mmmmmm

Lush Honey I washed The Kids soap or happy hippy shower gel!

Lush Dream Cream

I've been treating myself to a spa session for each half stone loss. So far I've had a facial, full body exfoliation, manicure, pedicure & massage!

realising i only had two outfits that i wore in rotation as nothing else fit any more.

not binging on crisps and chocolate every evening!

not been on it long but already a lot happier and can feel confidence returning.

your shape for the wii or walking.

hmmmm i cant decide there are so many!! love the butternut squash and bacon rissotto from the ee book.

chocolate mini milk ice lollys(1.5syns) or treat size bag of buttons(4syns).

reading in peace!

sanctuary stuff!

sanctuary!

10. What do you do to celebrate each milestone loss? (i.e. every half stone or stone or whatever you decide).
nothing! we are too skint too....but cant wait to get to target and buy that new wardrobe!

1. What was the turning point that got you to try SW? I think it was online pictures....being embarrassed to put any on and there was one in particular taken at a friends birthday and me and other friends in a line and I looked massive!!! even in comparison to people I could see were big....I hated it and was terrified I would be tagged in it!

2. What's the biggest change you've made to your lifestyle since starting SW? Exercising regularly

3. How has SW changed your life? Enabled me to be able to make a decision wether or not I eat something and being aware of my choice

4. What's your exercise of choice? Swimming and walking

Oh so many.....curries probably

6. What's your favourite low syn treat? Varies....hifi bars, mikado's, french fries, options hot choc...whatever I need to hit the spot!

7. What do you do to pamper yourself that's not food related? HAve a relaxing bath

8. What's your favourite bodywash/gel/soap? Soap and Glory body scrub...it has a citrus scent mmmmm

9. What's your favourite body lotion/butter? I use cocoa butter or vaseline body lotion

10. What do you do to celebrate each milestone loss? (i.e. every half stone or stone or whatever you decide) I treat myself to clothes and things aong the way I just enjoy the stickers and certificates at half stone milestones

Thanks for this :)

Well over the last 3 years or so I have slowly been gaining weight (and dress sizes), I decided that I needed to do something about it. A friend of mine is on SW and a while ago her facebook status was about her size 12 jeans falling down. She used to be soooo much bigger.

Only started last week so Im not sure yet. It will probably be exercising or not snacking on biscuits, or not taking the car out so much.

Not a lot yet, but its early days.

Ive always enjoyed walking everywhere. Its always been a case with me, if its within walking distance I'll walk. Ive also taken up running which I enjoy

Dont know yet, but Im buying a recipe book at my next meeting so will hopefully find out then. But it will probably be pasta based as I love love love pasta.

At the moment I only eat apples or mullerlights for a treat so I dont know

Once a week (usually a Sunday) I have a bath (sometimes by candlelight with my chillout CD on - hubby calls it hippie music), do a facemask, shave my legs, deep condition my hair.

I really like the original source ones. Especially the lemon or the lime, even better when they are mixed together mmmmmmm smells like sweets.

I use a variety, right now its Johnsons holiday skin.

Havent thought about it yet as its early days, but when I can fit into smaller clothes Im looking forward to going on a shopping spree. That will be my overall celebration, but within each one I havent decided, I will keep an eye on this thread for ideas.

I right enjoyed answering those questions. :)

Buying a new outfit for my friends wedding, which didn't fit me when the wedding arrived because I had put even more weight on!

Planning my meals a day ahead so I'm not tempted to just grab something.

This is only my 3rd week but I'm already feeling more energized :D

Exercise bores my pants off tbh, but I walk for 2 hours every day with my dogs so I think that counts :D I do like swimming and that's something I will start doing again once I've lost enough weight to feel fairly ok in my costume.

Don't know yet, but I do like the mushy pea curry :D

Sliced banana topped with Total greek yohurt, raspberries and drizzled with honey

Manicure and pedicure

I don't really have a favourite, but atm I'm using Calvin Klein - Eternity

Again, don't have a fave, but atm using CK - Eternity

I've only had one so far and I didn't do anything, so I need to think of something good for my next one! lol

The doctor told me that he wouldn't let me stay on my pill (the only one I'm allowed due to my DVT) if I didn't lose some weight, then my husband couldn't lift me out of the bath anymore :( , then my friend Sarah started SW and lost lots and said it was so easy. So I decided I'd follow!

I cut out oils and I've upped my activity.

I've started feeling much more confident and much happier about who I am, and I'm much less self conscious...

Swimming, although I like the gym.

Risotto of any kind!! :)

Hot chocolate- The works ( highlights fudge with anchor light squirty cream and mini marshmallows all for 3.0 syns) :)

I buy lush bath products, bubble bars, bath bombs, anything that smells awesome. Then I have a bath with it and have a cold diet coke and read a good book!

Sweetie Pie (Lush Shower Jelly)
Happy Hippy (Lush shower gel/body wash)

Boots Ingredients Coconut and Almond Body Butter

I don't really do much, I get my sticker, Ooops I mean award... But when I drop a dress size I buy new trousers and tops and ONE new funky item of clothing!

I'd lost 6 stone in 2006/7 but since moving to America at the end of 2008 I've regained about 4 stone of it. I have a wardrobe of gorgeous clothes--my favourite shop in the UK was Monsoon and I have TONS of their stuff--but I just can't fit in it now. I want to be sassy and stylish again.

Making sensible choices when we eat out. Eating out is such a way of life over here. We actually eat out very little compared to most people, but I reckon that we eat out at least once or twice a week. My mindset (being English) was (and still is to a certain extent) that eating out is a treat and therefore I'm justified in choosing the most indulgent thing on the menu. That's bad news for diets. But since getting back on SW I've discovered that I can make healthy choices when we eat out and it still tastes fantastic and I don't feel deprived. We eat regularly at a local deli, and I've swapped their apple and blue cheese sandwich (which is fried, and comes with a heap of crisps) for their grilled lentil burger with potato salad. Yes, there are still syns, but nowhere near as many as my previous choice. On Thursday we had lunch at a local Mexican. I'd normally have had bean burrito and cheese enchilada. Horrifically caloric. Instead I had huevos rancheros with refried beans and mexican rice--again, a much more SW friendly option. And on Friday we met a friend at my favourite local restaurant. I usually have their Hot Brown (an amazing concoction of toast, turkey, bacon, and tomato, smothered in heavy cream and cheese sauce) but instead I had grilled lemon chicken with veggies and mashed potato. It felt great to be in control. This coming weekend we're going to a friend's wedding (9 hours drive away...) so I'll have very little control over the menu for at least two meals (the rehearsal dinner and the wedding breakfast) but I know I can make healthier choices. I'm hoping I can continue to tell myself that it's the occasion and the company of friends that matters, not what I eat.

It's put me back in control. For the first time in a long time I don't feel anxious about food. That's a good feeling.

I haven't managed to get into a good regime yet. When I'm on campus, I do a lot of walking around naturally, and am usually toting a heavy backpack of textbooks, but now that I'm off over the summer there's a temptation to lounge around. I love walking, but it's actually very hard to walk anywhere here unless you want to take your life into your hands. There's a Zumba class in a local church that I want to try (it's on Monday mornings) but I need to figure out whether I need to join their gym to go to the class (and at $90 a month that's not an option...)

I have so many! Presently, my veggie chocolate chili with a big pile of rice. I make a vat of it every week, and freeze it in portions. It's scrummy.

Is 5 syns low syn? If so, then Skinny Cow Ice Cream Lollies--any variety. Actually, scrap that, my favourite is a Starbucks chai tea latte with non-fat milk (and I use a HEA for the milk). 2 syns of bliss.

I buy yarn and craft supplies! And, when I'm slimmer--CLOTHES!

I love anything from Lush. We have a Lush concession in our local Macy's but I was seriously shocked at the price inflation. $20 for a block of soap that would be maybe 3/4 pounds in the UK. My very sweet MIL bought me three Lush soaps for Christmas, I'm keeping them in the freezer and saving them for special occasions. I used to love their Gratuitous Violets soap--they need to bring it back just for me! I also love their Flying Fox shower gel and their entire Karma range. On an everyday basis, though, I use Soap & Glory's Clean On Me shower cream.

Again, anything from Lush. Or Soap & Glory. Or Molton Brown but THAT is a serious investment over here.

Haven't got that far yet--although I did celebrate my half stone on Saturday so you could say that I celebrated by buying that delicious yarn from the yarn festival, I suppose I should think of something tangible that I can work towards with each half stone...decisions, decisions...

Thanks for this poll, Honeyoc, it's been fun!

Seeing photo's of myself :confused:

I think every step i walk is a step to a lighter future.. where as before i moaned about walking
even losing 8lb im more confident

walking more :)

Sunday dinner x

snicker funsize :p

moisturing with body scrub and deep bubble baths

jhonsons lavander baby wash lol
i only can use E45 :(

nothing

My mother took me to a SW class and i never expected to stick it out. I fell in love with the plan, i think after meeting my OH, i knew i could do it.

Having confidence to do what i know is right, going after what i really want deep down.

Im happy and healthy, well educated on healthy eating and LOVE helping others learn.

Swimming and walking, when i get off my lazy ass.

OMG, cannot pick. curry, no.. gammon egg and chips.. no no no.. a ROAST :D .. no, bbq chicken! .. aahhhh too many to chose from!

sw carrot cake and a choc highlights

buy new clothes! have my hair done..

Oo i dont ahve a fave..

Sanctuary

PIZZA! :D

I went through a really crap time during my second year of university and piled two stone on. I had never been thin but I got so big that I was miserable so when it came to the end of that academic year I made the changes I needed to with university and just life in general so I could move forward in a positive way. I joined SW then as it was a last resort to sort my weight out - had never even considered a weight loss programme before but now I am devoted!! I graduate in two months and am soooooooo much happier - party thanks to SW :D

I understand what I am eating and I am a MUCh better cook! I didn't cook much before SW and now I consider myself rather good in the kitchen.

I feel a million times better within myself, far more confident and overall just feel in control which before SW I didn't at all.

Swimming! With my friend so we can talk whilst swimming and then have a yummy sw feast after - totally the best reward!!

I don't know if I can choose!! As of tonight the roast dinner that myself and my friend Nicki made tonight, was SOOO gorgeous. Other than that it would have to be chilli con carni or meatball pittas.

Greek yoghurt and honey - yummmmm!

Do a full beauty night - do my own waxing and mani/pedi - acyrlics if I want them as I am also learning to do them myself. I watch a girly movie and do face masks, have sw pimms, a nice bath and so on .... beautify myself!!!

Loving chocolate bubble bath - £1 in Asda at the min, its gorgeous!!

Burts Bees lotion, smells amazing.

10. Celebrating each milestone?

Just with the sticker and everyones congrats :D

I was completely fed up of trying all these FAD diets.... it was the thought of unlimited free foods that made slimming world attractive to me :)
Also to become more healthy ... family history of cardiac problems ... so extra weight is not helpfull...

My whole attitude towards food :)

I am finally at a weight that I am happy with and know how to maintain it :) I understand more about food :)

swimming, me and my friend emma go to a ladies only hour :)!!

As my name suggests..... quiche!!! with salad and s.w chips :)

jelly or s.w rice pudding!!!

Have my hair done :)

The body shop bubble baths they are yummy!!!! almost edible :0

coconut body butter..

Celebrated getting to target with a shopping spree :D x x x

I got a big shock last year when weighing myself for the first time in years - I was horrified that I was 13 stone which just put me in the obese BMI category!

I ate relatively healthy food previously - I love fruit and veg - but I ate too much rubbish alongside it! I've really cut down on the junk food, I still eat treats but it's totally controlled using syns.

I have more energy, and I no longer suffer from back pain. I have so much more confidence in myself - I no longer think that people must be thinking 'what an ugly fat thing she is'.

I like EA Sports Active for the Wii - it's totally changed my body shape!

That's so difficult! Pasta dishes, vegetable and/or meat based, are my favourite. With cheese!!

Sugar free jelly, and biscuits like custard creams, bourbons and rich tea fingers!

A long hot soak in the bath with my spa bubble mat in!

I love Lush and Soap and Glory products.

Again, Lush and Soap and Glory things. I also love the body butter ranges from Boots and Body Shop.

I don't really do anything but I think I'll treat myself to a load of new clothes when I reach my target - not long to go now!

1. What was the turning point that got you to try SW? This is 4/5th time trying it i seem to self sabbotage myself once i loose a stone, its almost like i can imagine myself size 10 again. So now i keep imaging myself thin just to keep this in my mind to work towards

2. What's the biggest change you've made to your lifestyle since starting SW? Exercising when possible, even if its walking to toddler groups instead of driving

3. How has SW changed your life? My family all sit around the table and I gave my son a plate of roast potatoes veg and chicken - all free and he ate it all (cant remember the lst time he had potatoes :sigh:)

4. What's your exercise of choice? walking or swimming

5. What's your favourite SW meal? too many to choose:
chilli con carne
homemade burgers
beef straganoff

6. What's your favourite low syn treat?Mikado 0.5 syns - yummy!!!!

7. What do you do to pamper yourself that's not food related? ah read a book or come on here

8. What's your favourite bodywash/gel/soap? radox

9. What's your favourite body lotion/butter? dont use one :confused:

10. What do you do to celebrate each milestone loss? (i.e. every half stone or stone or whatever you decide) allow myself a treat usually a top or jeans
Thanks for playing! :)[/QUOTE]

I recently found out that I have PCOS. I quit smoking and gained a stone, and now i'm working on my weight :) I'd helped out a couple of times at a slimming world class, but never done it myself. When I looked up online the bedt diet for PCOS this is what came up

Eating habits, and cooking everyday. My husband refuses to eat any veg and likes his burgers and chips, so this has proven to be difficult, but he just cooks for himself now :)

I feel so much more confident. I haven't lost loads yet, but I can see and feel a difference

Walking. I walk everywhere... always have done since I was a kid. My Mum never learnt to drive so we had no other choice

SW KFC! with salad and couscous... a slice of 1/2 syn roulade for dessert :) NOW THAT'S A TREAT

chocolate mini twister ice creams at 2 syns each...

Have a bath with my fave LUSH products and read a good book

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY or HONEY I WASHED THE KIDS... Both LUSH products

DREAM CREAM again from LUSH... it's excellent for my eczema...

lol... I buy a bath bomb or bath melt from LUSH...

guess what my fave shop is :D hehe

Wanting to make a positive change for myself and they do a great teenage plan so my so comes too.....he's not within a healthy weight range and feels great about himself.

Being aware of my emotional wating and trying to address it in other ways.

Food doesn't rule my life anymore :)

Wii

SW Chips, Egg and Mushy Peas

Mikado's

Hair cut and coloured, lovely bubble baths and a good book.

Molton Brown

Vaseline Coccoa Butter

New clothes or shoes

Going shopping and couldnt fit in to a size 18, ended up crying in the changing rooms, next day started slimming world :)
Exercising on the wii fit, plenty of long walks and stopped bingeing
It has made me feel happier and healthier.
Wii fit and lots of long walks.
Quorn burger and chips.
Solero, meringues
Curl up with a book or just enjoy peace and quiet when kids are in bed.
Body shop bubble baths.
Body shop products
Treat myself to some new clothes.

Back