How are we all doing?

missbiker

Silver Member
I thought it was a bit quiet on here, so I'm trying to liven it up a bit :p .

How are we doing now that January is almost over?

I'm doing well and feeling great. 22lbs gone already, and 100% abstinent for almost a month, so I feel my time out last year has done me the world of good :D .

Went to London yesterday for the day, and watched darling hubby eat all sorts of lovely things, while I had sparkling water and black coffee. I resisted the temptation of a nibble of protein "won't hurt or take me out of ketosis" thought, and boy do I feel pleased with myself? YOU bet....I am so chuffed I want to shout it from the roof tops, but I think the neighbours might complain :rolleyes: LoL

Onwards and downwards ladies (& gents ;) )

Missy,

Thats great you are doing so well and congrats for not giving into the temptation at lunch! Thats such a great weight loss..congrats!!! Well, as for me im doing ok, started the LL programme at the end of October and I was doing great until Christmas...I promised myself that I would stay in abstinence during Christmas but that didnt happen, was catching up with friends etc over lunch, too many nights out...my own fault i know. Therefore I put on 12 pounds ugh! I found it extremely hard to get back onto the programme but with a push I did. I have now lost the 12 lbs I put on over Christmas and the programme is going great. My new focus is now Summer....well at least now I can plan for events and learn how I will deal with them on the programme rather than failing like I did at Christmas. Im just taking it month by month. Hopefully I can stay on the programme until beginning of May (goal). Wish me luck!!!!! How are you doing??

Pharmgirl! Hello!

Welcome back, YOU can do it! It is very difficult to get back on the wagon when you fall off, but something just clicks - a bit like when you start for the first time, and I can honestly say it is so much easier when I stick to the programme 100%! No lapsing, no nibbling, no "a little bit of protein won't kick me out of ketosis" thoughts!!! :D

If I can get back to it, so can you - I'm more than a quarter of the way through foundation now and feeling fab!

Hi I'm a returner, started 2 weeks ago and have lost 8lbs but am struggling so much more this time around than last time. In many ways abstinence was easier since it removed the need to think about food completely. I have a goal and only need to lose a stone more having already lost 8lbs in the last 2 weeks for a holiday in June. Any words of encouragement greatly welcome!

I thought it was a bit quiet on here, so I'm trying to liven it up a bit :p .

How are we doing now that January is almost over?

I'm doing well and feeling great. 22lbs gone already, and 100% abstinent for almost a month, so I feel my time out last year has done me the world of good :D .

Went to London yesterday for the day, and watched darling hubby eat all sorts of lovely things, while I had sparkling water and black coffee. I resisted the temptation of a nibble of protein "won't hurt or take me out of ketosis" thought, and boy do I feel pleased with myself? YOU bet....I am so chuffed I want to shout it from the roof tops, but I think the neighbours might complain :rolleyes: LoL

Onwards and downwards ladies (& gents ;) )

LL forum does seem very quiet.

I thought it was quiet, but have only recently started posting on the MiniMins forums as they are HUGE and I always get "lost" ;) .

There's no magic formula that I know of in getting your head in the right place or your mojo back - it just happens. I am so pleased to be in the right place though, as it makes life much easier when I am 100% abstinent.

My LLC likens it to swimming the channel - why not go the most direct route? :D

Onwards and downwards ladies (& gents)

I joined 3 weeks ago and lost 9lbs. i had to go into hospital last week so for 3 days came off LL and sadly put on 2lbs but I am back again and determined to do it. This is my second time doing LL and it will be my last.

Welcome back Minny. Good luck with your continued journey, and hope you are recovering well.

I resisted the temptation of a nibble of protein "won't hurt or take me out of ketosis" thought, and boy do I feel pleased with myself? YOU bet....I am so chuffed I want to shout it from the roof tops, but I think the neighbours might complain :rolleyes: LoL

Aww well done. :worthy:

I'm a first timer on abstinence and have lost 10lbs in 2 weeks. I just wanted to say hello as I can't seem to find a thread for people doing the abstinence program that are just starting out.

Hi Logic and welcome :D

I think most people just post on the main board, but you're more than welcome to ramble to me in here!!

How are you finding the programme? I find the quicker weight loss really spurs me on, and keeps me motivated.

One thing I will say, from experience, DO NOT NIBBLE or think "one little bit won't hurt" - it really messes with your head and can be counter-productive.

Drink your water, have your 4 packs/day and increase your activity (gently) and you'll do just grand.

well.....I'm on day 44 of foundation, and 100% abstinent :D

I'm 30lbs down and the size 14 jeans are on, although still a little snug on the calf :cry:

Life is good, and I am feeling much more confident about dealing with my food issues, and losing this excess weight in 2010 :eek:

How is everyone else doing?

Im starting LLL on sunday, Ive lost two stone int he past wtih ALABOUTw8 and worried that this will come back the same way, but i hope for the best, I did go alittle food crazy when i was slim, but now that ive joined WW as well i feel that its a tool that i will use for life once ive joined LLL, and reached my goal, there are alot more foods that you can eat on LL than you can on Allabout W8 so i like the freedom of that .
when i was with WW i was allowed t eat 19 points and it taught me to eat foods and still enjoy life but to maintain an have fun with out eating salad all the time,. i did not gain any weight with WW and stuf to my points , the fact that WW is slow it still reduces the weight in good time if you follow the rules, like any diet you have to be very carfule and be aware of what your eating .
Good luck to you and good luck to me , the second time round.!:)
I wish you all dieters like my self all the best its a tough life out there!

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, although I am quite active on another, and I am currenly 12 weeks into foundation the second time. so far I have lost 3 1/2 stn which is great but it could be better. I have found it a lot harder to remain abstinent this time and lapsed fairly regularly. The last 4 weeks have been the worst and I have had a total loss of 7lbs to show for it. I now have to refocus, kick myself in the backside and get on with it as I have another 4 stn to lose.

I did it first time 3 years ago and lost 81/2 stn, put 2stn on in the next year. I had just started LL again when I discovered that I was pregnant and collected another 4stn. Somehow I then managed to put on one more after having the baby. She is nearly a year old now and I have calculated that I will be back to my beautiful slim self by Christmas at the latest.

Back