How are we doing today?

dreamingmaid

Silver Member
Good afternoon fellow Exante dieters,

Today is my first day, feeling ok so far but got a dreadful headache, i don't remember getting it this early on last time. Oh well, hopefully by day 3 or 4 i'll be flying.
Had the choc shake this morning, it was ok, quite rich so i decided to add a sweetener....much nicer....i like the fact that the shakes aren't too watery and quite creamy. I had it hot as i fancied something quite warming.
I've drank about 3 litres so far so doing quite well on the liquid front.

How are you doing today Lisa?? Hope you've had a good start to the day.

Oh, forgot to add that somehow i'd lost 3.5 lbs this week just by cutting down on the carbs. Hooray!

Well done for losing 3.5 lbs, dreamingmaid! :)

I am getting back to business today. My menu so far has looked like this:

Breakfast: Myoplex Carb Sense Bar (1.4 net carbs )
Lunch: Exante chocolate shake
Snack: Exante strawberry shake

I am planning to have a low carb meal and some fruit tonight.
I've also drank almost 2.5 litres of water.

Thank goodness I am having a good day today.
Hopefully the last few days of struggle are in the past!

You and me, dreamingmaid....we're gonna be alright! :D
And so will all other Exante'ers!

I'm ready for Day 2 and Day 3 and the rest now!

Last edited:
Hi Dreamingmaid and Mathswiz......great start. Sending you both positive vibes. Mathswiz....lets both of us get under 12 stone this time!!! :gen126:

Hi Dreamingmaid and Mathswiz......great start. Sending you both positive vibes. Mathswiz....lets both of us get under 12 stone this time!!! :gen126:

Thanks NB! :D

Yes, we will get under 12st! :character00115:

When I get down to 11st 7 lbs, I am getting a facial booked!!!

(Notice I said "when"!! He he he!!)

Mathswiz.....great incentive. I intend to have a new hairstyle. Think positive. :party0049:

Sounds like you guys have all got it sorted! Good luck all of you. :D

Lisa, rewarding yourself with a facial is a great idea. I have done similar things recently. I would previously have rewarded myself with food, but I want to break that cycle (it's one I am still working on as I fear I might slip back when I go back to full time eating if I am not careful). So I rewarded myself with some very expensive face creams a couple of weeks back. I had to think twice about spending the money, but then I thought "how many chinese takeaways is that?" And I didn't think twice about spending that money before. So now I think I have nice face creams to firm up my skin rather than fat loaded take outs to give me even more celulite! :p

Mathswiz.....great incentive. I intend to have a new hairstyle. Think positive. :party0049:

Another good motivator. A new hairstyle makes you feel like you have shed the old you. :D

Well nearly the end of day two for me and so far so good.
Finding the headaches have eased off a bit now.
Just had a Choc Orange bar and it was lovely!
The shakes will take some getting used to i think as i find them a bit bland.

How is everyone else doing?

Great idea Lisa, getting a facial done as a reward.
I'm dying to buy some new clothes as a reward but it seems pretty pointless at the moment.

Sounds like it's going well Dreaming Maid. You could try adding a sweetner tablet (spenda if you can get it) to the shakes.

I am still going great with mine. Had a week where I have been craving carbs, but not given into it and feel very proud of myself.

Dreamingmaid - I must confess! Day 2 was difficult for me. :(
I had 2 Atkins bars and 2 Exante bars AND a hot chocolate on top of my 3 packs and low carb meal! But trying to forget about it and have a good Day 3.

Sarah
- You're doing so well! Well done for not giving in to the carb temptation. :D

I started listening to my Glenn Harrold "Lose Weight Now" CD last night. I did sleep better actually. I hope it will help me improve my eating habits...I'll keep you all posted...

Day three...still going strong...i'm finding that the hunger is subsiding now, perhaps a sign of Ketosis?
How long did it take for you to get into Ketosis on the total solution Sarahp?
Had a tomato and basil soup for lunch...was pleasantly surprised, i found it very enjoyable. Had a banana shake for brekkie, found that a bit bland, seems like our tastes differ Sarah.

Lisa, how is the weight loss cd? Never heard of Glenn Harrold before, is it any good?

hi all, How are we all doing today?

Feeling a bit rubbish today, just fed up with my weight for some reason today its making me feel miserable plus im due TOTM so think thats probably why tbh :(
May have to go to have a nice bubble bath and go to bed in a bit, its a shame as the day started really well got loads of exercise in which makes a change for me, ah well tomorow is another day as they say :rolleyes:

:vibes:Just keep thinking positively....the 2nd week is the worst.

Thanks NB, here i was saying how the second week is soooo much easier than the first, got to yesterday and its been so hard last two days, not hungry or anything just feeling like its a long journey back to my ideal weight :(
I hope your right and that the second week is the worst, i'm not going to give in though, weigh-in monday and it should give me renewed motivation if i see some good results :)
I'll be very happy if i can achieve the 1.5 stones gone in 6 weeks that you have, its spurring me on anyway, gives me some hope to see others achieving great losses.

Thanks NB, here i was saying how the second week is soooo much easier than the first, got to yesterday and its been so hard last two days, not hungry or anything just feeling like its a long journey back to my ideal weight :(
I hope your right and that the second week is the worst, i'm not going to give in though, weigh-in monday and it should give me renewed motivation if i see some good results :)
I'll be very happy if i can achieve the 1.5 stones gone in 6 weeks that you have, its spurring me on anyway, gives me some hope to see others achieving great losses.

I know what you mean. However there is lght at the end of the tunnel. I've never been this commited before. I've done WW twice, Slimming Magazine and SW. SW was the worst I only lost 10lbs the whole time....couldn't take it seriously. It's a lot harder to cheat on TS LOL, you either have food or don't .....much easier options. In some ways going on to WS, SS and then HS worries me in case I'm more tempted to cheat. Hey Ho probabaly why I'm trying to losethe weight in the first place. LOL

Back