How are you target members doing out there?

Oh yes :D They do go higher lol ...l The thing is that I like my bedroom cold at night but to be snuggly under the duvet - that way if I get too hot then I can just stick bits of me out to cool down ;) My husband and I have different bedrooms as we are totally incompatible sleepwise ... he likes to fall asleep with the TV on and I like silence, he's a light sleeper and I'm a wriggler, I like a cold room and he likes it to be warm (and prefers a light duvet) - you get the picture. So when the children moved out we decided to spread out into two bedrooms. - it's bliss! :)

I forgot to say Jaffa - I made the mushroom soup tonight and it's lovely :D I used a mixture of mushrooms as I had some ordinary button ones in the fridge that needed using and picked up one of those 'exotic' mixed packs and some endoki(?) mushrooms from the reduced section. 4 portions of soup for under £1 - can't be bad!!

Another very cold person here. Air conditioning kills me when I go away and I permanently have to wear a cardie when inside.

I am already wearing my winter jammies and bed socks !!

Glad you like the soup Molly. You could add cooked white rice for carbs then blend to make it creamy once you have the cooked soup.

Weigh in tonight and I lost 0.5 lb so I am 2lb under target but I haven't been eating properly at all since I've been back.

My party is on Saturday with lots of cake American candy buffet food and jelly beans !

Great news on the 2lb off :D That gives you cake and candy wriggle room :)

That's a good idea re the rice - I've got some alborio in the cupboard, that should work really well. And I too am wearing my winter jammies (and a full length winter coat - and furry hat & gloves) when I venture outside. Goodness only knows what I'm going to be like come December/January if I'm like this now! Blue with cold and wearing my duvet probably.

Congrats again Jaffa...you've done well and hope you enjoy the party food on Saturday.

Molly...we mostly sleep in separate bedrooms too for the very reasons you listed! I don't mind at all but there are a few grumbles from next door and being a single man again! :sigh: What price a nights sleep I say!!

One of the chaps I work with has reynauds - a real trial given that we spend a lot of time working in the cold. His hands literally do go blue :( I'm a great one for layering lol - it's one of the reasons that people thought I'd dropped loads of weight overnight, because the loss was well hidden under lots of baggy layers of clothing :)

A good night's sleep is a prize beyond price Janet - mine moans when my fidgeting keeps him awake, so he doesn't dare moan at the solution as well ;)

Don`t know what`s the matter with me!

While I do feel the cold generally, socks, boots, hats etc already. I don`t feel the cold at night.

Don`t really get night sweats, just very warm. Still have a 4.5tog duvet but still very warm. Even sleep in the nuddie!!

Can`t escape to another bedroom as we only have a one bed flat!!

Well Ladies, I am another freezer since losing weight, and love a big cwtchy quilt, but despite being well past what I thought was my menopause after having a hysterectomy at 39, I still get overheated in bed.....I put it down to wine!...lol

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

I STS at weigh-in tonight, which means I'm still a pound under target despite two birthday meals this week! I am going to try and lose another couple of pounds as I am going away for a few days in a couple of weeks, and that will give me plenty of wriggle room!

Well Ladies, I am another freezer since losing weight, and love a big cwtchy quilt, but despite being well past what I thought was my menopause after having a hysterectomy at 39, I still get overheated in bed.....I put it down to wine!...lol

When I lived in Spain the doctors and local women all recommended drinking red wine for hot flushes! lol. I don't drink but thought I'd share that maybe little known fact! (Opens the blood vessels apparently!)

I STS at weigh-in tonight, which means I'm still a pound under target despite two birthday meals this week! I am going to try and lose another couple of pounds as I am going away for a few days in a couple of weeks, and that will give me plenty of wriggle room!

Well done Jo...you did well after all that celebrating. Yes we all like the wiggle room at target!! :D

No weigh in for me this week...had a dental episode and was there again this morning! If I had have gone it would have been a gain so shall need to work at it for next week as it's time to get into Autumn clothes for weigh in and that will add to my weight too.
AND next week I should receive my diamond award!!! :D

When I lived in Spain the doctors and local women all recommended drinking red wine for hot flushes! lol. I don't drink but thought I'd share that maybe little known fact! (Opens the blood vessels apparently!)

Red wine makes me really flushed and boiling in bed! Lol

Last edited:
No weigh in for me this week...had a dental episode and was there again this morning! If I had have gone it would have been a gain so shall need to work at it for next week as it's time to get into Autumn clothes for weigh in and that will add to my weight too.
AND next week I should receive my diamond award!!! :D

Hope you don`t need to revisit the dentist!
I`m already in my autumn/winter clothes. as it gets colder, I wear more and more.
Congrats in advance for your diamond award!

I have my first target weigh in on Saturday.
I plan to continue going every week where possible.
I want to stay on track!

Red wine makes me really flushed and boiling in bed! Lol

OK...avoid that one Lynne!!

Thanks Annette...only have one more visit in a couple of weeks for the fitting of the crown. It wasn't that tooth that caused the problem but my gum at the front. Thankfully today it's feeling much better.
I think you're very wise to keep going to group when you can...I can't trust myself with food if I didn't!!

Yes like Jaffa said...I've only missed because of sickness or I was away on a short break. I actually miss the social side if I don't go.

Ooooh!! I'd not thought of my handbag - that weighs a ton! :D I might have to unload some of it or I'll be over target ;) lol

Lardylady, I can relate completely to the having a safety net ... I'm much more comfortable with the idea of having 6lbs to play with under target than I am with 3lbs either side. Going over, even within my allowed limit would feel like going backwards if that makes sense?

I'm way past the hot flushes stage sadly Janet - frankly they'd be quite welcome in the winter :) I do still get the odd night sweat, but that's probably more to do with the 18 tog duvet than hormones lol

Does that mean you are paying each week as you are so far under target ?

It hardly seems worth keeping that target

I am determined NEVER to pay ST again !

Back