How are you target members doing out there?

Forgot to post yesterday.

0.5lb loss. So just under my target weight.
Ideally would like to be at the bottom end of the range.
We`re away next weekend so I`d like a bit of wriggle room!

Well done Annette :) I wish I could be that consistent!

Yes Jaffa, I've been paying because I was out of target range. That doesn't bother me in and of itself though - I've not had enough weeks of not paying yet, for it to register that handing over a fiver isn't the norm lol.

WI last night though and I gained 3.5lb this week so am now right at the bottom end of my target range - so will weigh free next week. I'm not happy though as I really didn't add all that much to gain such a large amount. If I'd been eating loads or had a binge then I'd understand it, but I was on plan, albeit with the extra, extra Heb on 4 days. It's worrying that I can gain so much from so little added :( The only thing I can think of is that I had white rice on Saturday (I wanted a risotto lol) and that my normal Sunday dulcolax (taken under doctor's orders) didn't work as it normally does.

So I'm now terrified of eating LOL (though obviously I am eating :) )

I found the last few pounds really difficult to lose.

So I bit the bullet and had scan bran. Not exactly my cup of tea but it did the trick!
I read up on how much water you`re supposed to have to flush out your system (sorry!).

So, I had scan bran every day for five day and 4-5 litres of water as well. Stopped and went back to normal two days before weigh in. I weigh in on Saturdays so stopped the scan bran on Wednesday and had a normal Thursday and Friday.

Not sure which was worse:
a. scan bran
b. 4-5 litres of water a day
c. being camped in the bathroom while the combination of a and b went to work!

Not something I`d repeat in a hurry but certainly did the trick. I lost the last couple of pounds I needed to get to target in one week. My weight loss had slowed right down and this was a last resort.

Might do it again in the run up to Christmas to get to the bottom end of my target range.
That`ll make room for a slice of cake!!

I totally agree with you Molly & Annette...putting it bluntly...it's all in the bowels! :eek: I suffer badly from a slow system most of the time!! We do what we must!!

I'm flapping at being a low weight for Weds weigh in because it should be my Diamond award...
This time last year I weighed in at 10.4 1/2lbs...and was elated!!! now why can't I feel satisfied like that?

I second the scan bran trick!

GrannieAnnie - did you have the 5 scan bran for 5 days straight as your hexb?

I am very nearly target (again! after a very fun summer ;)) and struggling to lose the last little bit. It's reluctantly hanging on but it might be the amount of exercise I'm doing at the minute too as I'm getting ready to start training for my first marathon. I had scan bran for my HExB every day for a week recently and lost 3lb which is UNHEARD of for me. I wish I gained as slowly as I lose!

Trying to incorporate it a few days a week now, working it around my running as don't want any cheeky accidents!

Well done Annette :) I wish I could be that consistent!

Yes Jaffa, I've been paying because I was out of target range. That doesn't bother me in and of itself though - I've not had enough weeks of not paying yet, for it to register that handing over a fiver isn't the norm lol.

WI last night though and I gained 3.5lb this week so am now right at the bottom end of my target range - so will weigh free next week. I'm not happy though as I really didn't add all that much to gain such a large amount. If I'd been eating loads or had a binge then I'd understand it, but I was on plan, albeit with the extra, extra Heb on 4 days. It's worrying that I can gain so much from so little added :( The only thing I can think of is that I had white rice on Saturday (I wanted a risotto lol) and that my normal Sunday dulcolax (taken under doctor's orders) didn't work as it normally does.

So I'm now terrified of eating LOL (though obviously I am eating :) )

Your body doesn't know you are losing weight weekly so that 3.5lbs could be a combination of upping things for a few weeks and not necessarily just last week.

I have never followed SW as a maintainer ie extra hexs etc just a bit more relaxed at weekends and no worries if I have a meal out during the week.

You need to stop being hard on yourself Molly you have done brilliantly and some weeks the scales might not reflect what you have eaten or not eaten

I second the scan bran trick!

GrannieAnnie - did you have the 5 scan bran for 5 days straight as your hexb?

I am very nearly target (again! after a very fun summer ;)) and struggling to lose the last little bit. It's reluctantly hanging on but it might be the amount of exercise I'm doing at the minute too as I'm getting ready to start training for my first marathon. I had scan bran for my HExB every day for a week recently and lost 3lb which is UNHEARD of for me. I wish I gained as slowly as I lose!

Trying to incorporate it a few days a week now, working it around my running as don't want any cheeky accidents!

I had 5 pieces every day for 5 days. Made cakes with it and chose recipes that needed 5 pieces. So I had a whole cake every day! I`d had scan bran before as crispbread and didn`t like it. So felt the need to disguise it a bit. Having it in cake made it a bit more palatable!

I actually don't mind scan bran as a crispbread, but spending my days in the loo isn't really compatible with my job sadly (unless they install the phone in there lol). Ah well, the slow system is annoying but still an improvement on the constant ibs(d) I had before SW :D

I know you're right about being too hard on myself Jaffa, it's just that having been seriously overweight for the vast majority of my life I'm terrified of slipping back so I'm obsessing a bit. That makes sense about my body 'catching up' - I'll just have to see what next WI brings :)

Out of interest how many of you have scales at home and use them? And if you use them, how often? I don't actually have any and I'm wondering if getting a good pair would be a good thing or a very, very bad thing lol

I was classed as obese at 13 and this is the 4th time (I think) could be 5th that I have lost 2/3 stone since I was 13 but this time I am hoping to keep it off for longer then a few years as I have always piled it back on before.

Yes I have scales and yes I weigh myself most days so I don't get a shock in group and I don't kid myself as like I said I don't want to gain it all back yet again

If there's one thing I've learned about the losing and gaining syndrome (yes I've done it about 3 times too!) it's that you can NEVER take your finger off it!! That has been my downfall...sloping back to eating the things I loved best!
I really believe that the SW plans are so doable for life!
I have actually have 3 sets of scales, accrued them by various means...!! I only use one of course and am an ardent daily weigher. That's how I got into trouble...ignoring the scales!

I have scales and I weigh myself every couple of days - I like to have at least a ball-park figure before I go to group for WI.

I don`t have my own scales but I do weigh myself in Boots in town once a week. Usually the day before group, so that there are no real surprises. It`s never exactly the same as the group`s scales but it gives me a rough idea.

I too have lost 2-3 stone several times but this time I`m determined that the yo-yoing is going to stop. I`ve donated my larger sized clothes to charity shops as an added incentive. The starting weight on my stats is the most I ever was and I`ve been up and down for too many years. My current weight is the lowest I`ve been for about 30 years.

I don`t really trust myself to go it alone and stop going to group. I know a lot of people do stop going. I`ve done that before and soon slipped back into old habits! I`ve also joined the social team as another reason to keep going. Hopefully, this time there`s no going back.

It is amazing how most of use target members are part of the social team !!
I do pay and run the computer enter new members etc.
My friend is also at target and she takes the money runs the shop. She only gets weighed every few weeks and I am sure she put on 6lbs last night so she has a week to lose to stay in target.
This is what I want to avoid a big shock like that although she wasn't surprised and expected it.

She blamed my party lol

I forgot to say I put on 1.5lb last night which was totally expected after my party weekend and very bread heavy Sunday.
I am still 0.5lb below target so I am hoping to lose 2lbs within the next few weeks and try to keep at the lower end

Fairplay Jaffa, that is a good result!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back