How are you target members doing out there?

Congratulations Jen!

I didn't weigh this week as it was my work Christmas "do". I plan to eat soup and salad for the next three days to make up for the pizza and wine! I did manage not to have dessert though. My weigh-in next week has moved to Monday, (we decided as a group that no-one wanted to weigh on Christmas Eve!), and I hope to be back at the bottom of my target range by then.

Wooohooo Jen :D :winner::party0011: What a fantastic Christmas present to yourself :happy096:

I have one last WI before Christmas - also on Monday Jo (though that's my normal day anyway). After that all bets are off ;) Except they won't be because I'm too scared of making myself feel ill over Christmas to go too mad lol

Yes I have another weigh in Tuesday 23rd...and then the 30th even so hope I can behave reasonably! My session of the 30th is when the new packs will be given to each member present. I gather it will contain the new info about the changes to plan/s and will be explained. There's been much speculation so I'd like to hear it first hand.

Ha, yes I have already decided that if the new plan doesn't suit me I will just carry on as I have been - it's worked so far!

I have thought that too apparently success express is going and a new plan coming out to replace it. But I love success express and it gives Me a boost so I will still do it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I have thought that too apparently success express is going and a new plan coming out to replace it. But I love success express and it gives Me a boost so I will still do it

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I practically live on success express to be honest - major starchy carbs only once a week, at least 2/3 of my plate is superfree veg (more like 3/4 most days) and I don't snack between meals even on superfree. It just how it's evolved along the way - it works for both my head and my weight, so I reckon that if it isn't broken I won't need to fix it, whatever SW head office have to say ;)

Talking of Head Office (rant alert lol) ... I had an email from my consultant today, telling me that HO have asked that if I'm contacted by any freelance journalists off the back of last week's story in the local rag, would I please contact HO before speaking to them, so their press office can handle it. Now, last time I looked I was a grown woman of nearly 50! Plus I PAY to go to SW - which makes me their customer, rather than me being somehow 'owned' by them. As it happens I have no interest in speaking to anyone (apart from fellow SW doers) unless they are going to pay me ;) but the demand (and it was a demand rather than a request) really p*ssed me off!

Last edited:
Yes Janet, I assume so - either my consultant or the area co-ordinator, who I also know. It just seemed somewhat high handed.

So ... I'm up, spelt porridged and preparing to go to Asda for the Christmas booze run to keep my impending visitors happy. Then I think I'm going to make a seed cake for my next door neighbour who is going through her first Christmas since losing her husband. I'm thinking flowers/ a plant, a homemade seed cake and a couple of my home crafted sweetie tins filled with fudge/ clarnico mints, just as a little 'we're thinking of you' care parcel. Is that OK do you think? Not over the top and mainly hand made so it's more personal (I handled her husbands funeral and we do keep an eye on her and chat regularly, so it's not completely random lol).

Then I need to do a batch of mincemeat scones for some visitors this afternoon and prepare the spiced red cabbage ahead for Christmas Day (it will be fine in tupperware until Thursday). Then this evening a spot of ironing tablecloths and preparing tomorrows casserole. I shall be glad when Christmas Eve finally gets here - hopefully before I've busied myself into a puddle on the kitchen floor LOL

Oh Molly what a lovely idea for your neighbour such a thoughtful thing to do u am sure she will appreciate it.
I do feel like in the run up to Christmas we just get busier and busier but it's worth it in the end.
Have a good day

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

I agree Molly you simple gift ideas sound perfect and I'm sure will be so appreciated. Does she have family visiting too?

I have such bad memories of 'seed cake' and a piece of bread with dripping on! I was a young girl staying at my great aunts and took the bread by mistake and thought I'd better eat it!! Ugh! Then I took a slice of seed cake, not realising what it was...double Ugh!!

LOL re the bread, dripping and seed cake memories Janet - I looove bread and dripping (as long as it's the meat jelly and not the lard) and I hadn't had seed cake for years then for some odd reason it popped into my head the other day. I love it, but I also add finely grated orange zest which softens the aniseed a bit :)

I made it, added some of the leftover scones, made and filled the sweetie tubs and bought a dark pink cyclamen in a pretty pot - then took them round this evening and spent a couple of hours with her, drinking tea and chatting. She has family and will be spending Christmas with them (I already knew this otherwise she would have been invited to ours long ago). She's a lovely lady - in her late 80's but as spry as you like, still drives, always doing something. It was nice to make her happy tonight :D

All I remember about the bread and dripping was 'salty'!!
My next door neighbour is 86 and loves nothing better than when I ring her bell and go in for a couple of hours to chat! (She calls me a 'good kid' if I do anything for her! lol) And I think that was probably what your neighbour appreciated so much too. Your gifts to her sounded so thoughtful and I'm glad she has family to visit over the season.

I must be insane - 4 sleeps until Christmas and I decide to clean and re-arrange my kitchen cupboards ... and this is after doing my normal Sunday deep clean, a quick trip into town for a couple of essentials (that I could probably have lived without lol), cooking dinner and washing all the glasses. I'm now about to start ironing. I swear I'm turning into my Mother :sigh:

Back