How are you target members doing out there?

Well today I've worked (whilst building and gluing a slot together wooden castle - including cutting a hardboard base for it), nipped out to scour charity shops for jugs to serve custard etc in (all of mine seem to have vanished into thin air!), built two boxes for large presents - and then wrapped said gifts, built a lego table and baked two sticky ginger cakes to take into work for my colleagues tomorrow.

Tomorrow is work, food shopping and then baking the chocolate cake for Christmas Day - a couple of days resting in foil will make it even squidgier :D But it's Christmas Eve, Eve tomorrow, which means I officially unleash my inner child and get really excited LOL :109:

That's fantastic Janet - well done!

I also had a sts so 0.5lb under target for me

How have we been doing over the festive season?

For Christmas lunch I made a very nice vegetarian wellington. I've never used pre-rolled puff pastry before and was surprised how well it went. I know I've really got into the chocs!! (no surprises there! :eek:) Scales aren't looking too bad though so hoping to rein myself in.

My scales aren't looking too bad at the moment either! Though they are sometimes a bit temperamental - I will find out the damage at weigh-in on Monday. We had a "posh" nut roast for Xmas dinner, and then the leftovers cold on Boxing day with rather too much potato "casserole" (family tradition involving lashings of cream and cheese!). I did indulge in chocolate, biscuits and nuts, but I did try not to go too mad.

Today I made a big batch of lentil and vegetable soup for lunches for the next couple of days - hopefully that will help!

Hi all!

Really hoping to join you in this thread one day... I got to target and managed to maintain with blips here and there for over a year but since holiday in sept I've gone out of target and when I weighed last week I was officially 9lb over target, yikes!!!! That will be more probably after tues weigh in but I'm keen to get my head back in the game and hope to see some losses soon!

Hi all!

Really hoping to join you in this thread one day... I got to target and managed to maintain with blips here and there for over a year but since holiday in sept I've gone out of target and when I weighed last week I was officially 9lb over target, yikes!!!! That will be more probably after tues weigh in but I'm keen to get my head back in the game and hope to see some losses soon!
Hi Lucy...I'm sure you'll soon make light work of those few pounds and be back at target!!
I've read that the SW new pack and plan is really going to help members get pounds off!! Keep going...!!

Thanks Janet!!

Can I ask your thoughts on weighing at home?

I know it can be a sore subject but I used to weigh at home and keep track in between going to group - I don't go every week as I find it hard with hubby's shifts and having a 3yr old.

My scales broke about 2 months ago and I'm sure I've got worse at over synning since then!?

My group had an early weigh-in this week as our normal day is Wednesday (no-one wanted to weigh on New Year's Eve!) and I only put on two pounds. I was seriously pleased - I thought it would be loads more. So I am still at the bottom of my target range, which is good news for the take-away and wine we are planning to bring in the New Year with!

Have any of you ladies and gentlemen re-assessed your original target once you reached it? I have been right at the bottom of my target range (or just below it) for some weeks now - the last couple of weigh-ins I have worn an awful lot of clothes just so I was still within range and didn't have to pay. I'm thinking of resetting my target, but of course it has to be at least seven pounds below my original target, and I don't know if I will be able to maintain that. It took me weeks and weeks to lose the last two pounds to get to target, but now the weight seems to be dropping off even though I'm not really trying. I don't want to set a new target and then end up struggling to stay there though. Any thoughts?

Thanks Janet, it sounds as if consultants have some discretion. We have a new consultant (but a member of our group, so I know her) starting next week, maybe I will have a chat with her.

Thanks!

Back