How are you target members doing out there?

I had a sts the same tonight and last week I put on 1.5lbs

I was originally a bit upset as I've been badly trialling EE SP but I've checked my book as I forgot to take it with me and it's actually better then I thought

This time last year when I weighed after 2 weeks off I put on 3.5lbs another 0.5lb more and I would have been out of target so I'm actually 2lbs lighter then this time last year and I only put on 1.5lb in the Christmas and new year period

Great result Jaffa :D It's always useful to have a look at our past figures I think (one of the reasons why I'm refusing to switch my WI's to my new book! If I stop using my old one then I'll inevitably put it in a 'safe place' never to be seen again ;) ).

How did you get on at the fracture clinic Janet?

Well day 3 back on plan and (cake cravings aside!) .... Woohooo!! I have ankles again, my rings are loose once more and my work skirts are sitting nicely on re-emerging hip bones :D Eczema is clearing, imminent thrush has retreated and night sweats are no more :) OK I'm back to feeling the cold, but overall I feel soooo much healthier!

I stayed the same this week, which leaves me still at the bottom of my target range. I was thinking of lowering my target, but I might leave it a few weeks and see what happens.

Another good week for you Jo...well done!

Molly glad you're starting to feel better without the foods that affect your body!

The fracture clinic appointment went well...Told again it was a simple break, wear boot as a support for the ankle for 6 weeks, thankfully don't have to sleep in it anymore and can shower too. Don't have to go back to clinic again either. Huge relief not to have it plastered. I thought last night not sleeping in the boot would be a cinch...but...ohh the ankle was sooo uncomfortable to get off to sleep! Oh well, day by day I hope it will become more comfortable.

Well done Jo :) and great news on the ankle front Janet .... are you sleeping with it elevated? I found that that helped with the aching at night with my wrist (why does everything always feel worse at night? :( ) Perhaps try putting a pillow under it in bed?

Hi, I joined sw two years ago, lost three stone in six months and have been maintaining ever since. I have actually done quite well and managed to say within target for 18 months, until this Xmas when I really went for it and gained 8lb!!!, which puts me five pound over goal and three pound over my target range. I know it's not massive but I am a little disappointed with myself as it was so damn hard to get off in the first place! Anyway no point moaning about it, I did it I enjoyed it and now is the time to shift it again.

But my main problem is when I started sw I signed up online, and when you are an online member you continue to pay even when at target, this is costing me £20 each month. I very rarely use the online resources any more, I track my bright and check the odd syn value but that's it. But I am terrified of cancelling my membership for fears I will instantly revert to three stone heavier and three sizes bigger! I know is ridiculous and at some time I need to cancel my membership be a big brave girl and go alone.

how are the rest of you maintainers going about this, did you do online or go alone? Are you still paying for online access? Are you planning on staying a ember for ever?

I am am thinking about ordering a food directory and cancelling my membership but something holding me back, feels like I need sw there taking my money to make sure I stay to plan?????

anyway my mini goal is to shft this extra five pound to get me back to target and then a couple under as that's where I feel safest, and I am hoping to at least get back to target by the end of the month, wish me luck!

becky x x

Well done Jo :) and great news on the ankle front Janet .... are you sleeping with it elevated? I found that that helped with the aching at night with my wrist (why does everything always feel worse at night? :( ) Perhaps try putting a pillow under it in bed?
I did have it elevated with the boot on and now I'm just pulling the duvet under it to make it softer to rest on. Thankfully last night was better; I been rubbing some ibuprofen gel over the area and it seems to be helping.

Hi, I joined sw two years ago, lost three stone in six months and have been maintaining ever since. I have actually done quite well and managed to say within target for 18 months, until this Xmas when I really went for it and gained 8lb!!!, which puts me five pound over goal and three pound over my target range. I know it's not massive but I am a little disappointed with myself as it was so damn hard to get off in the first place! Anyway no point moaning about it, I did it I enjoyed it and now is the time to shift it again.

But my main problem is when I started sw I signed up online, and when you are an online member you continue to pay even when at target, this is costing me £20 each month. I very rarely use the online resources any more, I track my bright and check the odd syn value but that's it. But I am terrified of cancelling my membership for fears I will instantly revert to three stone heavier and three sizes bigger! I know is ridiculous and at some time I need to cancel my membership be a big brave girl and go alone.

how are the rest of you maintainers going about this, did you do online or go alone? Are you still paying for online access? Are you planning on staying a ember for ever?

I am am thinking about ordering a food directory and cancelling my membership but something holding me back, feels like I need sw there taking my money to make sure I stay to plan?????

anyway my mini goal is to shft this extra five pound to get me back to target and then a couple under as that's where I feel safest, and I am hoping to at least get back to target by the end of the month, wish me luck!

becky x x
Hi Becky good to have you with us.
Well done for losing your 3 stone and indeed maintaining at target for so long. I think most of us had a blip over Christmas and the new year but that's the good thing about SW, we know what works for us and I know you'll soon be back in range again.
Personally, I attend a group weekly...I feel I need that accountability or may go free fall again!! Group members have free access to the website too. It seems a shame that you still have to pay even at target, as group members can attend free all the time they stay in range.
Is it possible for you to attend a group?

Last edited:

becky x x

Hi Becky,

Glad that you have come and joined us, and well done on the loss and maintaining.

I too had a serious gain over Christmas, four pounds!, putting me 6.5lbs above actual Target and 3.5lbs about Target Range, so had to pay for the first time since the 2nd August 2011 yesterday :eek:

I didn't realise that you still had to pay online membership if at Target, as Janet said, could you not attend a Group?

Hi Becky :D Nice to meet you :welcome:

I didn't know that online target members had to carry on paying either - I guess it's because they can't check that your weight really is what you report it as, but that seems grossly unfair given that I've had a chat with my consultant today and he tells me that I can hop on and off the scales as many times as I want to in a session, adding/removing bits of clothing and accessories as I go until I get a weight result that's within target range.

It seems a bit bizarre to be going to group to 'fiddle' the scales (and thus the numbers in my book), whilst taking my actual weight from my home scales (+1 lol), but like Janet I feel I need the accountability. Unfortunately my messy head also needs me to be more than 3lb under target (because I see 'target' as 'maximum'), so this seems like the best solution for now :) Especially as my home scales are telling me consistently that I've lost 7lb this week so far (all water judging by the time I'm spending in the loo lol).

Last edited:
Thank you everone for your replies and advice, I think I will do as suggested and give them a call and see if I can transfer to group, if I only need to weigh once every four weeks this would be great, will still make me feel accountable for my weight and therefore more mindful of what goes into my mouth, whilst still being free, but still having access to syns online.

thank you everyone will let you know how I get on!

Becky x x

This thread has been a bit quiet for a few days - how is everyone doing?

I don't often cook recipes from the magazine, but I made the Leek and Macaroni Cheese at the weekend, and it was absolutely wonderful! The sauce was quark based, which made me a bit dubious as although I have used quark as a spread I have never cooked with it, but it worked brilliantly. Creamy, cheesy, carb overload - perfect comfort food.

Hi Jo
I think today will start a new round of weigh ins. Molly first?

The recipes always look good to me but often not what I eat, sometimes I can adapt them. Glad you enjoyed the quark based one.

I don't think I'm weighing in again this week. The hall is cold and I don't want to hang around. I'm keeping a close eye on my scales!

Still lurking.... Still reading.... And most of all still hope to join you all soon!

2lbs off last week taking me to 8st 9.5 which is my first loss in so long!, hope I can see a lower number again on weds! 7.5 back to target but 4.5 to top of range

X

Thanks Janet!

Another successful 'sp' day today, although I didn't get to eat my 2nd heb naughty naughty!

Are you following the new plan? X

Back