How are you target members doing out there?

HI all! I reached target in March 2013 and have maintained since except for one or two blips on holidays, put on 3.5lb over xmas which i was pleased with as expected more because i had a blowout!! Am currently 5lbs over target range and 8lb over actual target but hopeful this week as been doing SP for 3 days which ive enjoyed so hoping to kickstart myself back to target and stay there again! Am now a member of social team too for last 18 months which helps to keep me going to group and motivated to make SW part of my life not just a plan to lose weight as i know if i stopped going id slip back to old habits very quickly!

Thanks janet! I do really enjoy it and find it nice to be able to give lots of hints. tips and recipes to the group, and going weekly definitely keeps me on plan! Fingers crossed this new SP boosts me back to target range (dont like paying after nearly 2 years not having to!lol!) :giggle:

Well one pound off this week, which I'm a little disappointed with. It at least it's in the right direction, still leaves me one pound over target range, but hopefully I will be back in it next week.

i received a reply from slimming world today about changing from online to a group membership and don't think the reply is what I want. They are going to cancel my membership and send me a ten poun voucher which I can use to join a class. The thing is I don't want to JOIN a class I want to transfer to a class, if I join a class I won't be a maintainer any longer, will need to set a target half a stone lower than where I am now, which I don't want to do as my target is only four pound off to where I am now! I have sent them an email explaining this but I expect nit will take another week until I hear anything back by which time I should be back within target range! The reason I want to do this is so I can still access sw resources without paying like the maintainers do at group. Think I may try and find an email address on contact. Umber for my local group and see what they say.

if not looks like I. At just have to bite the bullet and go it alone as I can't keep paying sw for the rest of my life for fear of gaining!

becky no

Becky I wouldn't worry unduly I think consultants can do all sort so I'd be inclined to call a local one and explain your situation. We've had members transferring to our group from other groups. We have one lady that's here a few months then goes back to Cyprus for the winter.
Well done for being 1lbs closer.

Weighed in today and maintained, so still at the bottom of target range. Think I've got the hang of this maintaining business now (I've probably just jinxed myself!).

I've been at target now since last September, and due to holidays, have gone slightly over once or twice, and even went under once or twice. I am currently trying to get to the lowest end of my target then I have 6 pounds to play with given any upcoming event or holiday. I do have the odd treat now and then, a nice meal out, a few glasses of wine, but I try to alternate those days with good EE days or the new SP days. So far this seems to be working for me- and I weigh in every week.

I've been at target now since last September, and due to holidays, have gone slightly over once or twice, and even went under once or twice. I am currently trying to get to the lowest end of my target then I have 6 pounds to play with given any upcoming event or holiday. I do have the odd treat now and then, a nice meal out, a few glasses of wine, but I try to alternate those days with good EE days or the new SP days. So far this seems to be working for me- and I weigh in every week.
Hi Karen and welcome here!
You sound as if you really have a handle on the target business! I think we all like to be under the target line for some wriggle room! Well done you! Glad you're still weighing in every week too.

Well weighed in after 3 days SP and lost 2lb which im happy with as normally lose 1/2-1lb a week. Carrying on again this week with weekends on EE and then 4 days SP and see how i get on, only 3lb away from target range now so hoping to be back bang on target or lower for my holiday in 4 weeks!

I'm late checking in thanks to a somewhat hectic week lol. I didn't go to group on Monday (thought I'd take advantage of a free week off seeing as I was on target last week ;) ) especially as my weight was all over the place thanks to the water weight losses! By last Friday I was down to 9 stone 2 again - a 9lb loss in 4 days. Utterly ridiculous, so I hoovered up all of the leftover Christmas food over last weekend and the beginning of this week and am now weighing 9 stone 8, so at bottom end of target (and with no oedema - yay! :)

So much for controlled maintaining - I am, as I always say, an all or nothing kind of person :8855:

Back