How come.....

Browsie

Silver Member
you can have mash up veg for free like mash pots / swede, or blended in soups but not mashed up fruit. I've been happily making what I thought were free soups for my lunch and just had a horrible sinking feeling :eek: today that maybe they're not actually free.

Can anyone clear this up for me please.:confused:

Thanks

there's two schools of thought on this: some people say that when you mash up fruit and blend it etc it changes something in the sugar so you digest it differently if that makes sense, but it could also be because you tend to eat a lot more of it than you would if you had it in its usual form. i hope that helps i know its not very clear xx

When you mash up fruit, it produces its natural sugars and then stops being a free food. I found that one hard to get my head round as i was a great lover of fruit smoothies.

Your free soups are fine, dont worry.

Thanks, I just wondered why the same doesn't apply to veg - surely you eat more potatoe in mash than you would if it were chips for example. So long as my soups are really free then thats good enough for me! x

Its the sugars in the fruits that make them synful. Veggies dont have the sugars in them so cant change in syn value...or from what i can remember anyway!!!

Enjoy your soups :)

Some things I will never understand with Slimming World. Instead, I just listen to what I'm told, and be a good girl, hahaha!

Back