How did you decide your goal weight?

thinfor30

I set mine when I first started and it seems like quite an arbitrary number. I picked the top weight of my BMI (11 stone 10lbs) and took off another 3lbs.

My lowest ever adult weight is 12 stone 3lbs and I looked great. I'm 3lbs heavier than that now and I'm in a size 12 top and 14 bottoms. (and look great..)

So I'll keep on going but I just wondered how everyone else set their targets?

My goal is based on BMI as its the healthiest range i want to maybe go lower than my goal but will see what i look like xxx

I am too far away to be deciding on real goals at the moment. I am just going to keep losing then reassess realistically when I have lost a lot more.

I revised my goal twice as I didn't think the weight would come off but it has! I'm now at my second goal weight and as I still have a bit of a belly have decided on another 1/2 stone off - which will no doubt come off my neck and leave me still with the belly :)

I picked a stone less than a usually was before i put on weight.. so 9'13 is my goal weight... but used to hang around at between 10'7 and 11... and looked lovely but wanna get to 9'13 so have a 'buffer' ..am 12'3 now and look 'ok' but NEED another 2 off lol

my cdc set my goal at bmi 25 since im so big even thou i have a set goal in mind

i decided on bmi 23 as i want to be in the middle of the healthy zone but once i get under bmi 25 i will re assess going on how i look. if bmi 23 leaves me looking like i need to lose some then i will lose a few more pounds and re assess again

I have set my goal weight with my cdc at 11 stone. This brings my BMI to 26.1 - I set it at that because I wanted to set a goal that was realistic for me and below a BMI of 28. If I'm honest, a relative of mine is the same height as me (5"4 - yep i'm a titch) and she weighs 11 stone and I think she looks healthy. ALthough I haven't set this in stone. I may get to 11 stone and decide to loose a bit more. But I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
HUgs x x x

I kind of have 2 goal weights in me head it is 10.5 because thats what I was at school and I looked fine, yes im 15 years older now but Its kind of the dream weight, on my card its down as 11 as thats what seemed to be a realisti weight when I had no idea how i would do, now im thinking i'll get to 11 and decide if i want to work up the plans and get to the goal of 10.5 or keep going and loose a bit more
xx

My first goal (1/2lb away) was set for our holiday in 20 days (so will be well under it)... but end goal... no idea! see where CD takes me! :)

I havn't set a proper goal yet, it's too scary! My first goal is to get down to 17.5 which was my lowest adult weight due to weightwatchers.

Will just see what I look and feel like as more weight comes off, but so far aiming to be just below the maximum healthy BMI of 25 x

Well, I'm 5ft 4' and my first goal weight was 10s 6lbs, which I reached a couple of weeks ago, I'm currently 10s 4lbs and am hoping to get down to a weight of 9s 8lbs before Christmas. My CDC set my target, as when I first started I thought it would be such a struggle to even lose a stone. I thought my whole body shape would change, it hasn't - I'm still the same shape but a smaller size (does that make sense?) so I just need to lose my bum and my thighs (which are so huge they have their own postal code, I kid you not!!)

Banafel - you are the same height as me hun. I set my goal as 11 stone, but I am perfectly prepared to loose more if I need to. You're right everyone has different shapes. I'm more of an upside down pear! lol I always loose from my bottom first, then it comes off slowly everywhere else! Best of luck with your target for Christmas :) Hugs x x x

I did Healthy BMI then took off 7lb which put me at a nice round 10st. But, as i get closer i think i want to be smaller, still feel fatter than i'd like to be,- which is wierd considering i have never in my life been so small (size 12). Realistically if i just toned up i'd probably be happier but too lazy to get excercise into a routine at the moment! xx

Initially want my BMI to be 25, think that is 12.1 or 12.2, then maybe 11.8 so have a couple of pounds to play with when on holiday etc. I know that my face looks very long and thin at 11.8,so don't want to go lower,although will still have big tum n bangers-but that is my natural shape x

I had no idea what goal i should set... so my first one was 50lbs which tbh, I though was completely unachievable... thanks to failing on so many other plans (thanks WW/SW/RC).

I got to 50lbs - woohoo... so my next target is 10st... i'm 8lbs off that at the moment. I'd like to get to it before Christmas - but I'm not stressing.

I'd like a little buffer zone too. I'll probably revisit my goals/target in the New Year.

I'm only 5.3 (even titchier that Emma et al! - but I do wear heels the majority of the time - so i look considerably taller!), i think my BMI is 26 at the moment... so still not ideal.

I'm more than happy where i am now, but i know I can do more!

Lynne
x

I'm 5'3" & my goal is 9st 3lbs/129lbs - BMI 22.8

Back