How did you decide your goal weight?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by thinfor30, 10 November 2009 Social URL.

1. thinfor30

thinfor30 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st5lb(27.23%)
    Diet:
    CD working up plans
    I set mine when I first started and it seems like quite an arbitrary number. I picked the top weight of my BMI (11 stone 10lbs) and took off another 3lbs.

My lowest ever adult weight is 12 stone 3lbs and I looked great. I'm 3lbs heavier than that now and I'm in a size 12 top and 14 bottoms. (and look great..)

So I'll keep on going but I just wondered how everyone else set their targets?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JimmyShoo

JimmyShoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(27.32%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    My goal is based on BMI as its the healthiest range i want to maybe go lower than my goal but will see what i look like xxx

4. AlexIce

AlexIce Silver Member

Start Weight:
    160kg
    Current Weight:
    147kg
    Goal Weight:
    100kg
    Lost(%):
    13kg(8.11%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I am too far away to be deciding on real goals at the moment. I am just going to keep losing then reassess realistically when I have lost a lot more.

5. boardwitless

boardwitless Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    I revised my goal twice as I didn't think the weight would come off but it has! I'm now at my second goal weight and as I still have a bit of a belly have decided on another 1/2 stone off - which will no doubt come off my neck and leave me still with the belly :)

6. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I picked a stone less than a usually was before i put on weight.. so 9'13 is my goal weight... but used to hang around at between 10'7 and 11... and looked lovely but wanna get to 9'13 so have a 'buffer' ..am 12'3 now and look 'ok' but NEED another 2 off lol

7. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    my cdc set my goal at bmi 25 since im so big even thou i have a set goal in mind

i decided on bmi 23 as i want to be in the middle of the healthy zone but once i get under bmi 25 i will re assess going on how i look. if bmi 23 leaves me looking like i need to lose some then i will lose a few more pounds and re assess again

8. emmapetty

emmapetty Going for Goal!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I have set my goal weight with my cdc at 11 stone. This brings my BMI to 26.1 - I set it at that because I wanted to set a goal that was realistic for me and below a BMI of 28. If I'm honest, a relative of mine is the same height as me (5"4 - yep i'm a titch) and she weighs 11 stone and I think she looks healthy. ALthough I haven't set this in stone. I may get to 11 stone and decide to loose a bit more. But I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
    HUgs x x x

9. misspinkkat

misspinkkat Can hug her knees :)

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(23.31%)
    Diet:
    CD. Ss
    I kind of have 2 goal weights in me head it is 10.5 because thats what I was at school and I looked fine, yes im 15 years older now but Its kind of the dream weight, on my card its down as 11 as thats what seemed to be a realisti weight when I had no idea how i would do, now im thinking i'll get to 11 and decide if i want to work up the plans and get to the goal of 10.5 or keep going and loose a bit more
    xx

10. gem25

gem25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(16.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    My first goal (1/2lb away) was set for our holiday in 20 days (so will be well under it)... but end goal... no idea! see where CD takes me! :)

11. Falafel

Falafel Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st13lb
    Current Weight:
    22st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    21st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(4.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I havn't set a proper goal yet, it's too scary! My first goal is to get down to 17.5 which was my lowest adult weight due to weightwatchers.

12. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Will just see what I look and feel like as more weight comes off, but so far aiming to be just below the maximum healthy BMI of 25 x

13. Banafell

Banafell Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(17.44%)
    Well, I'm 5ft 4' and my first goal weight was 10s 6lbs, which I reached a couple of weeks ago, I'm currently 10s 4lbs and am hoping to get down to a weight of 9s 8lbs before Christmas. My CDC set my target, as when I first started I thought it would be such a struggle to even lose a stone. I thought my whole body shape would change, it hasn't - I'm still the same shape but a smaller size (does that make sense?) so I just need to lose my bum and my thighs (which are so huge they have their own postal code, I kid you not!!)

14. emmapetty

emmapetty Going for Goal!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Banafel - you are the same height as me hun. I set my goal as 11 stone, but I am perfectly prepared to loose more if I need to. You're right everyone has different shapes. I'm more of an upside down pear! lol I always loose from my bottom first, then it comes off slowly everywhere else! Best of luck with your target for Christmas :) Hugs x x x

15. *butterfly*

*butterfly* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge (ish)
    I did Healthy BMI then took off 7lb which put me at a nice round 10st. But, as i get closer i think i want to be smaller, still feel fatter than i'd like to be,- which is wierd considering i have never in my life been so small (size 12). Realistically if i just toned up i'd probably be happier but too lazy to get excercise into a routine at the moment! xx

16. Mrs Taurus

Mrs Taurus Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Initially want my BMI to be 25, think that is 12.1 or 12.2, then maybe 11.8 so have a couple of pounds to play with when on holiday etc. I know that my face looks very long and thin at 11.8,so don't want to go lower,although will still have big tum n bangers-but that is my natural shape x

17. LV30

LV30 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.68%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    I had no idea what goal i should set... so my first one was 50lbs which tbh, I though was completely unachievable... thanks to failing on so many other plans (thanks WW/SW/RC).

I got to 50lbs - woohoo... so my next target is 10st... i'm 8lbs off that at the moment. I'd like to get to it before Christmas - but I'm not stressing.

I'd like a little buffer zone too. I'll probably revisit my goals/target in the New Year.

I'm only 5.3 (even titchier that Emma et al! - but I do wear heels the majority of the time - so i look considerably taller!), i think my BMI is 26 at the moment... so still not ideal.

I'm more than happy where i am now, but i know I can do more!

Lynne
    x

18. DisneyParis

DisneyParis An Attitude of Gratitude

I'm 5'3" & my goal is 9st 3lbs/129lbs - BMI 22.8

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.