How Do I Tell Husband...

kerry b

Silver Member
.... that I have lost my engagement and wedding rings????:cry:

I took them off when making some parmesan chicken as I didnt want them getting all yuk. Made the dish, washed my hands and got distracted by my son. Went to put rings back on a few hours later having eaten dinner cleaned up the kitchen and put the rubbish out and my rings were not where I left them. I'm 99.9% certain I didnt put them in the rubbish as I wipe all crumbs atc into my hand before putting them into the bin but there is no sign of my rings anywhere. I have turned the kitchen upside down and cant find them.

What am I going to say? Its only a matter of time before he notices they are missing?

I would check the bin anyway !! few months ago I mislaid a fairly sizable cheque-was so sure I hadnt put it in the recycling and yet there it was !!

Good luck I hope you find them. Lost my engagement ring on honeymoon so i know how you feel-turned up on the last day in our room-it had rolled and was against the skirting board behind the curtain.

I would tell him straight away then he can help you look for them...
Could he have moved them and put them somewhere safe -and not realised you are looking for them? How old is your son? could he have moved them?

Retrace your steps,look in the cupboards, fridge etc where you put food away after and in the drawers if you were using any utensils, sorry for stating the obvious! I agree look in the bin too, I have sworn that there was no way something could have been somewhere and been proved wrong. Hope you find them soon x

CAPRICORN said:
I would tell him straight away then he can help you look for them...
Could he have moved them and put them somewhere safe -and not realised you are looking for them? How old is your son? could he have moved them?

I agree with Capricorn. Tell him asap that you can't find them -NOT that you have lost them! Big difference. Hope you find them hun xxx

I'd go with Capricorn's approach too, the more of you looking the better! I would most definately go through the bin too - you won't notice the yuck if you find them in there and you'll never be sure thats where they didn't go if you don't check!

Stay calm, enlist help, double check everywhere and good luck! xxx

.... that I have lost my engagement and wedding rings????:cry:

I took them off when making some parmesan chicken as I didnt want them getting all yuk. Made the dish, washed my hands and got distracted by my son. Went to put rings back on a few hours later having eaten dinner cleaned up the kitchen and put the rubbish out and my rings were not where I left them. I'm 99.9% certain I didnt put them in the rubbish as I wipe all crumbs atc into my hand before putting them into the bin but there is no sign of my rings anywhere. I have turned the kitchen upside down and cant find them.

What am I going to say? Its only a matter of time before he notices they are missing?

Please, please do tell him........Capricorn is right.

His reaction to you not telling him could be far worse than his reaction to you telling him.

We all have mishaps because we are all human.

Paul and I have been looking for a Krugerrand ring he misplaced 2 years ago.......it must be here somewhere and it will be found. I know I would have been quite upset if he had not confided in me.
A marriage should be a team.

Hope you find them soon,

hugs, xxxx

aww hope u find them soon- let us know how you get on! think logically-they must be in the house somewhere they wuldnt just dissapear, either that or theyre in the rubbish, sorry for being obvious :( xxxx

They'll probably turn up the minute yuor not looking for them but I'm with Capricorn on this one. "HAVE YOU MOVED MY RINGS BECAUSE THERE NOT WHERE i LEFT THEM"

Still haven't found them. My son is only 3 so asking him is pointless and he isn't allowed on the kitchen anyway. Asked hubby last night if he had seen them & he said no hut I had a feeling he might might be trying to teach me a lesson as I often leave them lying around (but I always know where they are) and he didn't seem particularly bothered when I told him. Can't check the bin as it has been put out but I'm certain they weren't thrown out. Will have to keep looking.

aww well i hope u find them hun, and with all the stressing your doing now your husband doesnt need t teach you a lesson i think u already know! lol keep us posted and good luck lovey xxxx

Still haven't found them. My son is only 3 so asking him is pointless and he isn't allowed on the kitchen anyway. Asked hubby last night if he had seen them & he said no hut I had a feeling he might might be trying to teach me a lesson as I often leave them lying around (but I always know where they are) and he didn't seem particularly bothered when I told him. Can't check the bin as it has been put out but I'm certain they weren't thrown out. Will have to keep looking.

Has he helped you look for them? If not I would wonder if he had done as you say and moved them on purpose :mad:.
I would ask him outright if he has -and if so I would be more than a little annoyed -and if he says NO, but you think he has and is holding out I would stop looking and declare "well I have looked everywhere -so now I have to accept they have gone" and see if he reacts
ooooh and if it turns out he has hid them...I would be tempted to give it a few days and hide something that means a lot to him -OR something that he desperately needs ..*but perhaps thats just me :p*
Hope they turn up soon...

Asked hubby last night if he had seen them & he said no hut I had a feeling he might might be trying to teach me a lesson as I often leave them lying around (but I always know where they are) and he didn't seem particularly bothered when I told him.

My ex once did this to me but with a saddle. I had left it in my car and left the car unlocked. He was always going on at me about leaving things in the car and the car not locked.

When I noticed it had gone I phoned him at work and he said he hadn't got a clue where it was.

I racked my brain for what could have happened and convinced myself that when the insurance man had called, on his bike, I might add, I thought he looked very shifty.

So I rang the police:eek: They picked up the insurance man. Poor little man. As my ex husband arrived home so did the police to let me know they had questioned my little insurance man and had let him go.

Ex went scarlet and had to admit that he had the saddle in his car and he had done it to teach me a lesson. To say the police were not happy is an understatement . He was given a real lecture on wasting police time and that he was lucky not to be charged. It had really backfired on him.

Of course all of this was all a very long time ago, over 30 years ago.

It is one of reasons he is an ex..............I was very afraid of him.

I hope that by the time you read this you have found your rings,

hugs xxxxx

My ex once did this to me but with a saddle. I had left it in my car and left the car unlocked. He was always going on at me about leaving things in the car and the car not locked.

When I noticed it had gone I phoned him at work and he said he hadn't got a clue where it was.

I racked my brain for what could have happened and convinced myself that when the insurance man had called, on his bike, I might add, I thought he looked very shifty.

So I rang the police:eek: They picked up the insurance man. Poor little man. As my ex husband arrived home so did the police to let me know they had questioned my little insurance man and had let him go.

Ex went scarlet and had to admit that he had the saddle in his car and he had done it to teach me a lesson. To say the police were not happy is an understatement . He was given a real lecture on wasting police time and that he was lucky not to be charged. It had really backfired on him.

Of course all of this was all a very long time ago, over 30 years ago.

It is one of reasons he is an ex..............I was very afraid of him.

I hope that by the time you read this you have found your rings,

hugs xxxxx

Oh bless you sue, my parents did the same to me! Me and my little brother had tied the dog up outside the post office when we went to buy some sweets, were no longer than 2-3 mins, came out and he was gone. We were so scared, thinking he had either escaped and been knocked down or stolen, which he had by my parents! They had driven past, seen Scamp tied up and popped him in the car and driven off to teach us a lesson. They only told us that recently though, for years they let us believe he had escaped and ran all the way home! Luckily we did not call the police though, just ran home in floods of tears, they felt awful, hence the lie!

Hope you have found your rings xxx

Christmas 2009 my mum gave my two children money in a 'christmas' envelope. After christmas she asked about the money & I said they hadn't rec'd it:eek: Mum search high & lo & just couldn't find these envelopes she remembered filling; she looked in all the 'safe' places but they just didn't turn up, until........... christmas 2010:D they were in a christmas bag which I'd put away to 'recycle'.

My two were happy as grandma let them keep this money & the money she gave them in 2009.

I know this doesn't help but it does go to show your rings could turn up when you are least expecting them.

Back