How Do I Tell Husband...

Asked him again last night and he is still saying no he hadn't seen/got them. He just seems too relaxed about it (a lost spoon my son got in a christening set caused arguments for months), not s word of reproach. I'm just going to have to accept that they are gone & see what happens in future. I will find it very hard to forgive him now if it turns out he does have them. Thanks everyone

Inform him that you are looking online at buying some new rings. The idea that you are going to spend some money on new ones might make him give them back if he does have them. Or you could get a ring catalogue and start looking at expensive replacements whilst he is in the room!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

They will likely turn up when you least expect it. I had a dream once I had lost my rings, and when I woke up they were no longer on my fingers. I searched hi & low for days to try & find them - was very upset as one was the ring my OH gave me for my 21st. Then 6 months later, dropped something on the floor by the bed - and when I bent down to get it -there they were!!!! I couldn't believe my luck!

Shows how often I hoover my bedroonm though - shame on me!

Little strawberry said:
Inform him that you are looking online at buying some new rings. The idea that you are going to spend some money on new ones might make him give them back if he does have them. Or you could get a ring catalogue and start looking at expensive replacements whilst he is in the room!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I like that idea a lot!

Why don't you say to your H that you've contacted the insurance company to report them lost & see if you can claim. Say that they are sending out the claim forms. If he has them he'll have to hand them over.

I'm sure engagement/wedding rings are included in the contents insurance but not sure about losing them. It's worth a go to get a reaction from H.

Hope you find them soon XX

Just to let you know how things can turn out. My daughter was out on shopping in the Trafford Centre on Friday night with friends & left her mobile in the toilet:rolleyes: She went to Lost & Found but it wasn't there. She went out on Saturday night with different friends & decided to call her mobile, somebody answered & then sent her a text 'thank you for my new mobile':eek:. When she got home on Sunday she plucked up the courage to tell dad (he pays the bill). He rang the mobile company had the phone blocked. Today she got into work & a friend said catch & threw her mobile at her:cool::cool::cool: They had been to lots of shops in the Trafford Centre & it had been handed in at M&S, they thought it would be 'fun' if they let her think she had lost it.

DD is happy the mobile is found, I'm mad at her friend, I'll find out tomorrow what OH thinks. Lets hope we can get the mobile unblocked ok.

I have to say if your OH hasn't 'found' your rings yet, it could be they are really lost.

I would actually claim on the household insurance. My husband lost his wedding ring. We got a voucher for a a jewellers. I spent itona nice new ring for me seeing as he couldn;t be trusted! We separated a couple of years later and at least I still have that ring to wear

Did you find them ??

Aww sweetie! So sorry to hear you lost them! And sorry to hear that he doesn't seem to care! :( Maybe you could get CJ to buy you a nice new ring from him for your birthday next month?!?!

Came across this while doing a bit of surfing. Sad to say I never did find the rings, OH still insists almost a yeaar later that he didn't touch them so I have had to accept that they are gone forever :cry:

I would tell him straight away then he can help you look for them...
Could he have moved them and put them somewhere safe -and not realised you are looking for them?

^^ This. I was watching a repeat of Cold Feet the other night and Rachel had lost her engagement ring and was so worried about telling Adam she went out and bought an identical ring only to have him produce the original which she'd left lying about. :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then I read to the end of the thread. Poor you. :(
How long had you had them? Were you able to claim on your insurance at any rate? I know they were worth far more then their cash value though.

Sorry to hear you never found your rings.

Read all through this thread and it reminded me of the time my son left his wallet in the kitchen. It was his 13th birthday and he'd got a lot of money - from grandparents etc. - had about 150 quid in there. One of his friends had been in the house, and after he'd gone we couldn't find the wallet. The boy in question was a really nice kid but came from what you'd call a disadvantaged home (Dad was a bit of a drinker and couldn't hold down a job, and his mum who had been a nurse and the backbone of the family had tragically suffered a stroke at a young age and was more or less housebound as a result). I hated thinking it, but couldn't help but think he'd stolen it. There was no other logical explanation. One minute it was there ... next minute gone. I told my son that his friend must have taken it but he insisted "he wouldn't do that Mum, I know him, he just wouldn't do it' no matter how persuasively I rationalised that it had to be him, and so I left it there - son was upset over the money of course, but even though we never found the wallet and there was no other explanation as to where it was gone, he wouldn't hear a word against his friend.. Privately I always thought the kid had stolen it and was always a bit 'off' with him after that, and very wary whenever he came round.

Fast forward a couple of years and my fridge freezer packs up so I get a new one. You've guessed it. As we take the old one out - there, wedged down in the wire element bits that stick out the back was the wallet with all the cash still in. I must have put it up on top for safe keeping, and somehow it had slipped down the back between the fridge and the wall. I felt awful at the way I'd been towards my son's friend .... whereas my son was so certain 'I knew it wasn't him mum, he just would never have done it'. These two have been friends since their first day at primary school and at 18 are still best mates.

Morrigan96 said:
Sorry to hear you never found your rings.

Read all through this thread and it reminded me of the time my son left his wallet in the kitchen. It was his 13th birthday and he'd got a lot of money - from grandparents etc. - had about 150 quid in there. One of his friends had been in the house, and after he'd gone we couldn't find the wallet. The boy in question was a really nice kid but came from what you'd call a disadvantaged home (Dad was a bit of a drinker and couldn't hold down a job, and his mum who had been a nurse and the backbone of the family had tragically suffered a stroke at a young age and was more or less housebound as a result). I hated thinking it, but couldn't help but think he'd stolen it. There was no other logical explanation. One minute it was there ... next minute gone. I told my son that his friend must have taken it but he insisted "he wouldn't do that Mum, I know him, he just wouldn't do it' no matter how persuasively I rationalised that it had to be him, and so I left it there - son was upset over the money of course, but even though we never found the wallet and there was no other explanation as to where it was gone, he wouldn't hear a word against his friend.. Privately I always thought the kid had stolen it and was always a bit 'off' with him after that, and very wary whenever he came round.

Fast forward a couple of years and my fridge freezer packs up so I get a new one. You've guessed it. As we take the old one out - there, wedged down in the wire element bits that stick out the back was the wallet with all the cash still in. I must have put it up on top for safe keeping, and somehow it had slipped down the back between the fridge and the wall. I felt awful at the way I'd been towards my son's friend .... whereas my son was so certain 'I knew it wasn't him mum, he just would never have done it'. These two have been friends since their first day at primary school and at 18 are still best mates.

Aw what a lovely story!!

The rings may show one day xx

...I felt awful at the way I'd been towards my son's friend .... whereas my son was so certain 'I knew it wasn't him mum, he just would never have done it'. These two have been friends since their first day at primary school and at 18 are still best mates.

What an amazing friend your son is. :)

Back