Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How do Red Days work?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by peggypig, 24 February 2011 Social URL.

1. peggypig

peggypig Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(20.43%)
    Diet:
    sw extra easy & green
    Ive never done red days before could someone briefly explain what you eat on this plan, I normally do EE. I thought it may give me a weight loss boost.

Thank You

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kristel

Kristel Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    Think this is a fantastic link:
    http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/100149-slimming-world-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

I did SW a few years ago and now returned to it, doing it alone at home with my old books (red and green days only) - so I cannot guarantee anything, might have changed and I'm not a consultant.

Basically on red days you can eat as free foods lean meat/poultry/bacon (visible fat removed), fish, quorn, tofu, eggs, most fruit and veg (not peas/beans). you can also have 1 or 2 HEA (e.g. dairy) and 2 HEB (e.g. bread, pasta).
    Personally I prefer green days as I love pasta but red days always give me a 'boost'. Makes lovely salads with tinned fish (salmon or mackerel). Huge steaks with caulifower cheese (hea). Oven baked chicken etc.

Hmm, now I'm getting hungry again... :p

4. sparty

sparty Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I want to start trying red days - I have always done EE and its stopped working for me. I understand that for red its meat, fish and vegetables, fruit and salad as the staple rules. Am I right in thinking that I get 2 hexa and b?

I like the omelette idea for breakfast but I need things that I can take to work and eat as I have a pretty long commute into London each day. On EE I have strawberries with yoghurt and sometimes a bit of granola.....can I still have that on Red??

5. oasis6918

oasis6918 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(19.85%)
    Red days you can eat any lean meat, poultry, fish. 2 he b and 2 he b, your normal 5-15 syns.

Beans and baked beans need to be either synned or he b choice.
    These are also not free on red -
    Lentils
    Potato
    Pasta
    Parsnips
    These can be healthy extra b choices.

Everything else just the same for he a choices. Hope this helps x

6. sparty

sparty Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Jezzi :) nice to speak to you! Hope things are going well for you.

Does bread and alpen light count as a hex b as well? Just rice that needs to be synned? I am going to give this a bash I think.

I started calorie counting as SW stopped working when i had 4lb to go. Now i have 6lb to shift and I am really angry about it as I don't feel I deserved a gain. But trying not to feel sorry for myself. I'm going to do mainly red days with EE once or twice a week to begin with. Hopefully this will kick start me again. X

7. hollys nan

hollys nan Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi there! Yes bread is an heb and alpen lights also. You can have two alpen lights as a heb. Only certain breads are he but you probably know that anyway. I have done only red and green plans and got to target last year, losing 2st 4lbs on these plans. I love both plans. Just bob on here anytime and there will always be someone here to help :)

8. sparty

sparty Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.76%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you - I am going to try and master red days before I try green as I love fish. I don't tend to eat much bread anyway so I won't miss that!

Today for breakfast I have had strawberries and a muller light, lunch is ham salad with 2 ryvita (hex b?) with a dollop of light philly (hex a?) with an apple and an orange. Dinner is pheasant (how posh does that sound) cooked in a plum and hoisin sauce (which I will syn) and stir fry veg with egg noodles (again this will be synned). I am going to cook myself some extra vegetables to go with it as well for my superfree (I don't think this is mandatory on Red but I love veg and if it stops me eating too many noodles then it can't be a bad thing) Planning on courgette and cabbage.

Does this sound like I have it right? I am also going to start using a smaller plate :)

9. oasis6918

oasis6918 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(19.85%)
    Your food sounds good! Your doing it fine as far as I can see x

10. vickiround

vickiround Member

Hi,

I usually do EE but last week at group we were discussing red & green days. I did SW years ago pre-EE and I seem to remember that it wasn't advisable to do red days constantly. Does anyone else remember that? I'm going to give them a try again and looking forward to enjoying 2 x b he although will probably miss filling up on those carbs. Thanks

11. kaz3804

kaz3804 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi I am also building red days into my week this week! Not everyday as it'd send me loopy but 3-4 days should give my weightloss a boost I hope! Never done them before so we'll see! K

12. willfitskinnyjeans

willfitskinnyjeans Gold Member

I'm on red days to 3-4 a week :-/

13. kaz3804

kaz3804 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Does it help boost weightloss? I need 3 off this week for my 2st award! I'm on a mission red days and superspeed foods! Oh and tonnes of exercise!

14. willfitskinnyjeans

willfitskinnyjeans Gold Member

I think so but I'm yet to see the results. I've heard so

15. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Red days bung me up!:eek:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.