HOW DO YOU DECIDE ON GOAL?

great things

Gold Member
hi all

i think that i would continue for ever and ever. how do we decide enough is enough. i always find it hard. usually i loose my motivation, get stressed or have outside issues. these usually make me stop.

when I started my goal was to be in the healthy BMI range so I chose 11 stone which gave me a BMI of 24.8 .. now I am nearly there I have moved my goal to 10 stone .... and I really dont think I will get any lower than this !! I just want to get to a place where I fell slim and healthy and am happy with myself :)

I set my final goal pretty much slap bang in the middle of my healthy bmi range for my height. Last year I got about a stone away and took a break until now as my motivation was waning and I wanted to enjoy my slimest summer so far so I did what was beat rather than chucking money at Cambridge and not sticking to it and feeling guilty and now I'm back as I felt ready to return 100% to get to my goal. Yes I put on a bit but I enjoyed my rime off plan, didn't go mental and it was the right choice for me at the time! Mini goals I set for every stone and when I found that too hard every half stone. X

a healthy bmi is always a good place to set ur main goal...
i also have another, one dress and one pair of jeans i totally
love and cant wear. i want to wear them again.
I just basically want to feel comfortable with my body, be able
to shop in stores with out looking for the outsize section.
but most of all be happy when i look in the mirror....
which i never do at the mo.

When I did LL in 2008 -- my goal was to get back to what I weighed the day I stepped off the plane in England (13 years before). It was a bmi 22.5. When I got there and went a little lower -- I realized that being 13 years older the weight was probably too low to look good (in the face anyway) -- so, I think I will get back there again, and then see if I look better at a bmi of 24.

MM

Ive set my goal for a healthy BMI and also to get back into my size 12s, but after 2 babies i realise my body has completely changed and i am now VERY bottom heavy so may need to go a bit lower than that. I guess i will decide if im happy when i get there if not i will go a bit lower :) x

LIke the others I have gone by a healthy BMI. I want to have a weight that I can fluctuate 1/2 a stone above or below without a, looking too skinny for my age, and b, going above a bmi of 25 if I put a bit on.

It's just a number I've had in my head for years. No idea why!

see that's my trouble. my bmi is ok now. i look good but i'm still hankering after being a bit lower yet the past few weeks have been hard work with family stress and i've not been 100% on 810 plan. however, i'm not ready to move up yet as i like the control of the 810 if i do go astray i can get back to my weight asap on it and there's no damage done.

i think when you've had a baby, or 2, you never get that pre-pregnancy figure back. i would also say that after spending all my adult life overweight or obese (apart from the last time i did cd, before i got pregnant again) my body is saggy. i look at these spots and see that there's no way they're going to change no matter how much weight i loose. another 3lb won't make them go away, another 7lbs won't another stone won't and i might just end up scrawney at a stone lower.

i've never been 10st something in my life and at 3lbs away from 11st i'm wondering what i'd look like at 10st something (like 10st 10lb). i'm also thinking that the lower i go the less cals i'll need to maintain my weight, BMR will change. just wish i could get rid of my saggy skin.

Back