How do you do your couscous?

Hazie83

I usually have the packets of couscous with flavouring, but since theyre synned & can be quite expensive I thought Id get the plain stuff & make it myself.

The question is what do I add to it to make it nicely flavoured? & do I just cook it with boiling water & add stuff to it or use stock to make it?

Thanks! x

I would probably use water and then add peppers and onions and stuff. I use the packet ones but Im guessing you would have to season it quite a bit or it would be bland! I tend to stock up on the packet ones when they are on offer xx

I make mine with stock and then tonnes of veg, herbs or meat. For example, to go with a raging I do cous cous with coriander and mint with pomegranate seeds. I might put roasted butternut squash in with chicken breast and spinach. Or roasted cherry tomatoes with basil and peppers. Or for a thai style one i might use coriander, basil, lemongrass, spring onions and add a bit if sot sauce and fish sauce. You can add in spices too. If you read the ingredients list of your favourite flavours it will give you an idea of what I add to get a similar flavour.

Haha, tagine not raging!!

I use a knorr herb stockpot. add double the amount of stock to the weight of couscous, mix well and cover with clingfilm, leave for 8-10 mins or until all liquid has been absorbed. I have onion, finely chopped and frozen garden peas, heated together then mixed with the couscous just before serving, remember to season.

I also use a stock cube and add chicken to it, quick and easy, I take this to work then bung it in the microwave at lunch time....beautitul :)

Back