how do you get through those tough days?

amm451

Do Over
So its almost three months since my last ciggie, but today is the first day it has bothered me - to be honest today is the first time I have considered having a smoke. I have eaten everything around me - what tips/strategies do you guys use to get through the really tough days?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Amm

Well firstly congratulations on staying off the ciggies for that amount of time!! There will always be bad days and years after giving up cigarettes, if i go out for a drink or on holiday where everyone is smoking, I could still kill for one. It is a drug and although the drug is out of your system it will take a long time before the "need" for it leaves you.

Dealing with things like this, including diet, I will try and distract myself, especially going out, go for a swim - if I do something healthy I am less likely to want to put any crap into my body and ruin it. Go for a walk - put yourself in for a charity challenge and work towards that - make that your main priority and go for it.

Hope this helps but you are a true superstar and keep reminding yourself of that fact xxx

Usually I am in the gym everyday and that helps - I have been in pain for the past 3 days so not working out - hence eating crap and wanting to smoke lol...... I haven't, I won't I'll eat chocolate first lol

Thanks for the hints and tips xx

You are very welcome - there is a woman at work who has just given up smoking after 20 years as well. She is finding it hard and eating lots of sweets, however, as the weeks have gone by she is finding it easier. Keep going honey because besides the health benefits - it is too bloody expensive, your hair stinks, your clothes stink and your house is yellow with the stains from nicotine - just a few reasons not to go back xxxxx

Back