how do you lose 2 thirds of your self?

I love your postive list Mandy and your quick turnaround after the binge slip the other day. You've really got things cracked :)

How was the pasta pudding received? Saw lentil shepherd's pie on Rach's/blackwidow's diary too, am after the recipe - seems like good frugal feb food :D

Hope you're enjoying your hols xxxx

ok lentil sheperds pie recipe if any body is interested, works out free on ee and green if you use cheese as a hexa

i don't really measure any thing when i am cooking :eek:

red lentils cooked as directed on packet
onion
garlic
mixed peppers( i used frozen)
carrots onion celery (frozen finely diced mix from sainsburys)
mushrooms
worchester sauce
veg stock( depending on how saucy you want it)
salt and pepper (to taste)
mixed herbs
potatoes for mashing
grated cheese

frylite pan and soften onion and mushrooms
add garlic, herbs, worchester sauce, pepper
add mixed peppers, veg and lentils and stock
cook for a couple of mins then put in a suitable dish
top with mash potato and sprinkle cheese on top
back in oven till cheese golden brown

It tasted much nicer than it looked and i will definetly do it again

I am very much a taste it and see cook so don't really measure things, i blame my mum :D cos she taught me.

i actually have a grade b at o level for home ec (that shows my age doesn't it :eek:) so should know better

If you try it let me know what you think :D

Mandy, you are doing so, so brilliantly, just keep as focused as you can, and if a blip occurs, draw a line and just go forward...Your progress and positives so far show you how you have come forward so far xxx

Hey sweetie, I am so happy to see you have gotten over your wobble, we all have them some bigger than others ...ahem Pringlegate :eek: but I have just copied and pasted what I have realised lately and what I wrote on Jackie's diary just a few minutes ago:

It is not conceivable to go through life eating nothing but healthy food to lose weight, that's why so many people fail, you have found your sensible eating regime, good and bad foods and it is working perfectly
and this applies to you as well hun, in fact it applies to the majority of us ...so just keep going sweetie 4 and a half stone in 6 months should tell you that you are doing an amazing job :bighug:

Hope you're enjoying your time off sweetie, concentrate on you. :D:

The Lentil Shepherds Pie is almost identical to how I do mine, since I was diagnosed as being diabetic 5 years ago, I read many books on diabetes and one of the staple foods mentioned in just about all of them is Lentils, so I use tons of them, buy them in 5kg bags from my local Indian Supermarket come wholesalers...love them very yummy especially in Chicken Dhansak :drool:

Been doing the Frugal February challenge, that I read about on here, Started it last Friday and have so far spent this week £44.47 and my freezer is still choc a block as are my cupboards and pantry Mal built ...that's about £80-£100 saving for me ...so that's going in my Kitty for our Christmas Market Meet (hope it's still on by the end of the year) as will every penny I save this way xxx

Sweet dreams lovely lady :zz: :hug99: xxxx

Last edited:
:woohoo::woohoo:

I got a stay the same :D really didn't deserve it. think exercise saved me :eek:

so new week new month hopefully i am over it !!!!!!

going out for a meal this evening with my parents, bit nervous still not too good at going out but know i am in safe company.

have a lovely day every bodyxxx

todays positives

i got a sts !!!

i have had a nice lie in and a lovely walk with the dog

i am feeling positive and confident today :confused:

xxxxxxx

Well done Mandy on STS, whether it be deserved or undeserved x

Love today's positives, and enjoy your meal :)

:woohoo::woohoo:

I got a stay the same :D really didn't deserve it. think exercise saved me :eek:

so new week new month hopefully i am over it !!!!!!

going out for a meal this evening with my parents, bit nervous still not too good at going out but know i am in safe company.

have a lovely day every bodyxxx

todays positives

i got a sts !!!

i have had a nice lie in and a lovely walk with the dog

i am feeling positive and confident today :confused:

xxxxxxx

The Shepherdless Pie sounds lovely so I have swiped the recipe. :D

I love your attitude to your STS. It says so much about you positivity.

I love your positives today and I hope you thoroughly enjoy your meal out with your parents. :D

Have a great day.:D

Well done sweetie, you exercise guru you ....I reckon the exercise saves most of our bacon lol....ooooh bacon :drool:..
Great positives, enjoy your meal with your parents xx
cya later hun :hug99: xxxxxx

Yay...to feeling both confident and positive thats lovely to hear
Well done on the sts..and your positive attitude about it

great stuff Mandy..well done on the STS and on feeling so positive and confident today :)

I have had a lovely afternoon out with the parents :D

meal was lovely had cajun chicken and swopped the chips for a baked potato shared a portion of onion rings with my mum and had diet coke to drink :D

then i had cake :break_diet::sign0007::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I had planned it cause you can not go to this place with out having cake its the law:D:whistle:

It was lovely cherry swiss roll ( i didn't have cream on it :D) and swiss roll is a fat free sponge so if you discount the cream filling and chocolate coating it was quite healthy :giggle::Na_Na_Na_Na::hmm:

so now down to a real good week lots of exercise and lots of free soup and veggies going for a 4 lb loss this week i know i can do it and i WILL

hope you all had as good an afternoon as i did :D

sounds good :D :D glad you enjoyed it. Hope you got me a doggy bag :8855: I'm spamming your diary now too :D xxxxxxxxxxx

lol i was spamming yours at the same time :D:8855::8855:

now you know whats caused the sugar rush

bought teen a doggy bag cos the reasturant is renowned for its cakes so does them as takeaways as well :D

not some where you go often cos the cakes are soooooooooooo good :sigh:

Back