how do you lose 2 thirds of your self?

Yay! You skinny mini lol well done hun :happy096:

Please don't hate me if upping your syns doesn't work for you :eek: lol

I'd say main thing to prioritise is make sure you eat all your hexs for the calcium and vits they provide and then the syns if trying to work on both is difficult :)

And mmmn pork steak lol Wondering if my low moods has been from the cutting out meat for the past 8 days, doesn't seem likely but still... And I only just finished my * week the week before I started the green days, feels like I've got the pms but post *!

i love fridays, no need to go out , everybody at work and the house to myself bliss.
did half an hours zumba last night and discovered i had absolutely no co ordination its going to take me a while to get the hang of it :banana dancer: the banana dancer does a credible impersonation of me doing zumba:D

going to do some more at some point today just need to convince the dog to let me do it she kept lying at my feet last night:confused:

todays meals,

B banana strawberries and 0% greek yoghart with honey (2 syns)

L carrot and coriander soup, 3 slices wm danish bread (hexb) spread with phili light (hexa) pear

T hm fishcakes, fresh peas and salad

S bowl of cherries to eat while having the rugby inflicted on me tonight. (league not union!!)

never got round to my hex's yesterday:eek: so have made a better effort today. have syns to play with so may have an alpen light and options later. Often find that i am full in the evening these days and since i started questioning why i am eating i have found i don't want to pick as much.
I am also drinking much more and think that sometimes i confuse thirst with hunger,so now i always have a drink before getting a snack, hopefully this will show good results :D
Right stop procrastinating , i am off to hoover up and then to do some more zumba:rolleyes:

Hunni, when I do the zumba I look just like a hippo having a seizure, but I don't care cos one day when it has helped me to shed this fat suit, I will look like a gazelle frolicking :giggle:
So you go girl and anyway I for one like the Banana dancer, she's cool :8855: xx

My zumba hasn't turned up so no prancing about for me this weekend, don't know what I'll do with myself :(

Hope you have a nice weekend Mandy :)

Just popped by to say hello:) well done on your loss so far your doing brill:)
Ha ha I know what you mean about zumba:eek: You want to see me doing it:eek: it's a good job I'm in my lounge ha ha:8855:.

i think i broke myself,:8855: i have now done 3 20min zumba routines over the last 3 days. i ache in places i didn't know i had or at least had forgotten i had:8855:
i am going to carry on doing this every day and build it up . must admitt i quite enjoyed doing it.:eek:

busy day today usual visit to my grandad which i am now managing quite well cos i don't see anybody but him,.:)
also cooked quite a bit and the dreaded house work :sigh:
Teen and hubby have been working together cos teen is swoping bedrooms from the smallroom to the slightly bigger one and i am having the small room as a linen room :D
usually they fight really badly but they have been surprisingly good:confused:

todays meals :
Brunch 2 synfree sausage, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, scrambled eggs and actifried potato.

Tea lasagna (5 syns +hexA) containing mushrooms red pepper tomatoes onion. green salad. mango

Snack hexb as toast later if hungry

i have downloaded the red plan today and may try some red days, any advice would be greatly apprieciated as i have not done this before,:eek: have always done EE
thought i would mix it up a bit :(
Right off to do the dishes what joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi hun...zumba does make you ache in all those long forgotten places doesn't it lol....but glad it does cos I probably wouldn't tone them otherwise lol
Oh good luck with the red days, I have just started having a few more of them myself, until about 2 weeks ago I had only ever done EE, but Jackie, Tilly and Crumble do them all the time so I go look over at their diary's for help and inspiration.
Hope you're well, speak soon xx

You're doing really well with the zumba hun, I'm impatient for mine!

I'm going to do my red week next week. A lot of simple ideas is just have your ee meals but swap potato out for red-friendly stuff like swede, squash or celeriac or have big salads :)

I've got a chicken & bacon pate recipe to try out - saving that for my red week so can have it with crispbreads.

I'm not sure where I got it from now but I downloaded a big word doc file with loads of SW recipes - forgot about it until this weekend so have been browsing through :)

Chicken and Bacon Paté

(Sin Free - Red)

Ingredients;
8oz chicken livers.
1 onion chopped.
1 clove garlic crushed.
1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs.
Salt & black pepper.
4oz bacon chopped.
Tub of very low fat fromage frais.

Method;
Put onion, garlic & herbs in pan and fry in fry light until the onion is soft, add liver and cook for about 7 mins. Put everything in blender and blend until smooth. Add fromage frais a spoonful at a time until the consistency is the same as shop bought pate.

They seemed to have missed out cooking the bacon lol I assume you put that in at some point with the liver - one to play with anywho :)

Hey Broadsbean

I have just come across your journal and I have to say I am amazed at how your doing.
First off, I'm a fella, so talking about losing weight isn't at the top of the agenda...actually its not something you talk about..period!

So fortunately, I can 'let it all out' when I'm here.

But I gotta say that your journal is a fantastic insight to how it should be done.

I see that you itemize your breakfast, lunch etc...that's something I didn't think of doing.

I also like the way you make a soup and keep it over a few days...I have read about this but havn't done it myself so far...I will now!

I started at 14 stone 8lb...I am only 5'8" in height and I felt really large and I needed to do something about it...so I joined my local SW club....and so far so good....I have lost 1 stone!

Keep up the good work and keep your journal up to date. Believe me when I say that your are an inspiration to me and I will be looking in at how you are doing...(But don't tell the guys....football yes, losing weight...maybe :D)..well, I'm a fella..what do you expect!!

Last edited:
Hi Mandy!

Just come across your diary and wanted to wish you luck as you're doing amazing!! I also have trouble with anxiety and emotional eating but it has been much improved lately with losing weight so keep up the good work! :grouphugg:

hello,cando and lognor and welcome to my often depressing ramblings:D
well yet another 20min zumba session completed this morning :D:D:D
i think its getting easier and i improved my score still no steps just lumbering around in front of the box looking like nothing on this earth:8855:
i have even sorted out a PE kit :eek: not had one of them since i was at school, a very long time ago:sigh:

funny day today really, have an appointment tomorrow for assessment for counselling stupidly i am getting all wound up about it :( been a bit ratty with the men folk. Teen is upstairs doing his homework and hubby has gone to ATC where he is an adult volunteer. think they are both keeping out of my way :rolleyes:

At least i have kept on track food wise,
didn't try a red day stuck with what i know:eek: but will try one later this week i am sure.
food diary for today :

B BLT with fat trimmed bacon and lots of lettace and tomato used HEXB for bread ww wholemeal danish as always

L mugshot (0.5 syns) banana and cherries

T beefgrill, actyfry chips and onion rings large mixed salad lazy cheesecake (4 syns)

S rest of the cherries to eat this evening, on my own and most dangerous time for nibbling :eek:

well, i am off to do the dishes again:sigh: and hopefully my shopping will arrive as being delivered this evening.

Hi Mandy,
Well done on keeping up with the zumba and don't worry about the steps ....you're moving it's what counts lol.
Counselling may be just what you need sweetie, I had over 2 years of it and it was fantastic, be patient though as things are not going to change over night, a lot like weight loss really.
Same with doing red days when you are ready to make that move ...do it
Menu looks good hun, have a lovely evening xx

Hi Mandy, Just come across your diary and wanted to wish you luck as you're doing amazing well, well done on the zumba, thinking of getting one myself heard so much about it, I do 4 EE days and 3 Red days that seem to work for me, love reading your journal keep it up, will pop in to see you tomorrow. xx

:break_diet:
there is only one word to describe today and its ooopppps:eek:

had a major crisis and turned to my old freind:confused: food, 6 weeks since i last did that so am a bit disappointed in myself, but i knew it was a habit i would find hard to break. have actually counted every syn !!!!! and it comes to a grand total of 35!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
but i am done over it and won't be doing it again, the temptation to not mention it was huge, cos who would know and thats how i would have handled it in the past.
But that would be cheating myself, and thats not what i want to do anymore.
The damage is done now and i need to move on and get over it.
i have planned tomorrows meals and they are all syn free,
not writing a food diary on here but i did write it all down.

Tomorrow is a new day xxx

there is only one word to describe today and its ooopppps:eek:

had a major crisis and turned to my old freind:confused: food, 6 weeks since i last did that so am a bit disappointed in myself, but i knew it was a habit i would find hard to break. have actually counted every syn !!!!! and it comes to a grand total of 35!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
but i am done over it and won't be doing it again, the temptation to not mention it was huge, cos who would know and thats how i would have handled it in the past.
But that would be cheating myself, and thats not what i want to do anymore.
The damage is done now and i need to move on and get over it.
i have planned tomorrows meals and they are all syn free,
not writing a food diary on here but i did write it all down.

Tomorrow is a new day xxx

MANDDDDDDDDDDDY !!

I've come to visit you and boost your weight loss with my crazy positiveness.

Forget about today. It was a one off - can totally be reversed as soon as you truly believe that you have forgiven yourself.

Don't forget with every pound that falls away you're going to feel better and better about yourself. Every milestone is a major achievement... when you fall into the stone category below - its ace !!

If you're having a 'bored' moment - come on here and bash out a post ORRRRRRRRR come to my diary and leave me something fun for me to read :)

Anyway - you need to know how amazing you've done so far and know you CAN keep doing this... I already feel amazing and I'm hooked on continuing :)

WE CAN DO THIS !! :bighug:

You're always welcome to PM me too

x

Back