how do you lose 2 thirds of your self?

definetly full of loonies (OH is a bus driver so we can start with him :D)

Love the conversations you get on the bus, when the little old ladies get on with their shopping trollies and start comparing there illness and even better discussing who is dead:eek:
always reminded of a comedien who used to do similar sketches but can't remember his name:confused:

To stressed to listen today:eek:

The best one i ever overheard was 2 ladies discussing somebody called Nora who apperently had died on the monday , christine had told mary who had told little old lady no 1 who was now imparting the news to little old lady no 2
They were discussing when the funeral would be when a Third old lady informed them she was nora's neighbour and as at 9.00am that morning nora was very much still alive:eek:
the little old ladies were mortified bless them:D

I who have a sick sense of humour giggled quietly to my self:eek::D:8855::8855:

Hey hun, well done getting on the bus alone that really took some courage, so very proud of you...another thing in common, Mal was a bus driver when I met him but then became a bus inspector 1 year later and was still doing that same job (31 years) until 7 years ago, when they started laying off staff and he finished his final days working for my brother, but still goes on about the buses and is fascinated by them, seems it's much more than just a job lol
Hope Houdine (love that you called the hedgehog that :giggle: ) and you're dog are both well and that you are all having a lovely evening xxx

Does BNS turn out nice in the actifry? Do you put it in raw?
Still hoping to get one for Xmas :)
Well done for taking the bus alone - I know it would of taken a lot of courage so that's brilliant you got through it :)

CGx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

i just treat the BNS as i would a potato and yes they are lovely actifried, some times i will chip it but mostley i put roastie size chunks in.
using it more than potato at the moment xx

Hey hun, well done getting on the bus alone that really took some courage, so very proud of you...another thing in common, Mal was a bus driver when I met him but then became a bus inspector 1 year later and was still doing that same job (31 years) until 7 years ago, when they started laying off staff and he finished his final days working for my brother, but still goes on about the buses and is fascinated by them, seems it's much more than just a job lol
Hope Houdine (love that you called the hedgehog that :giggle: ) and you're dog are both well and that you are all having a lovely evening xxx

mike has been a bus driver for 8 yrs don't think he loves it but its as secure a job as you find now adays:eek:

Hedgehog rescue never came so i have released houdine back into the garden will put the dog out the front tomorrow to give it chance to settle or wonder off whatever it wants to do. really worried it might still have young out there. mike is going to fence off the area at the bottom of the garden it was in and thats where we have put it back:D. its own little space :D
It obviously wasn't injured has enjoyed some weetabix and dog food since its arrival !!

libby feeling sorry for herself, got a couple of cuts in her mouth :eek:
silly silly dog:eek: but i bet she would do it again. she is a cross between a gundog and a terrier so its instinct isn't it

wierd going to the loo being watched by a hedgehog :8855:

definetly full of loonies (OH is a bus driver so we can start with him :D)

Love the conversations you get on the bus, when the little old ladies get on with their shopping trollies and start comparing there illness and even better discussing who is dead:eek:
always reminded of a comedien who used to do similar sketches but can't remember his name:confused:

To stressed to listen today:eek:

The best one i ever overheard was 2 ladies discussing somebody called Nora who apperently had died on the monday , christine had told mary who had told little old lady no 1 who was now imparting the news to little old lady no 2
They were discussing when the funeral would be when a Third old lady informed them she was nora's neighbour and as at 9.00am that morning nora was very much still alive:eek:
the little old ladies were mortified bless them:D

I who have a sick sense of humour giggled quietly to my self:eek::D:8855::8855:

I think the comedien you are on about could be Les Dawson and Roy Barrowclough in the stetch 'over the garden fence' and sitting in the 'Launderette' dressed as two old ladies . xx

Aww Houdine off on his travels again bless him, libby may have learnt her lesson, have seen a few dogs do that before like my daughters staffs, they haven't done it since lol,
Cripes and I thought it was bad enough going to the loo and being watched by the spiders or my cat who seems to have a fascination for watching people have a pee , silly cat :giggle:
I was going to say Les Dawson too but as I don't watch TV that much I wasn't sure, so didn't want to look silly lol but I seem to recall the sketches Jane is talking about xxx

You are doing brilliant! Keep it up! I find the water thing a nightmare too, it's an effort to remember to keep drinking it. Well done on getting stuck into it.x

I think the comedien you are on about could be Les Dawson and Roy Barrowclough in the stetch 'over the garden fence' and sitting in the 'Launderette' dressed as two old ladies . xx

thats the one :D
always springs to mind when they start on about there rhumatics and being martyers to their varicose veins xx
:8855::8855:

You are doing brilliant! Keep it up! I find the water thing a nightmare too, it's an effort to remember to keep drinking it. Well done on getting stuck into it.x

Thank you and welcome:D
i have started making up 4 500ml bottles of juice in the morning and then they stare at me every time i go in the kitchen reminding me to drink them :8855:

once i have drunk them i allow my self a glass of pepsimax which is all i ever used to drink :eek:

And i try and have 2 cups of green tea a day.

it is getting easier and for the first time EVER i actually get thirsty and go looking for a drink :eek::eek:

prior to starting this i would hardly ever drink more than 1 lt a day :eek::confused:

How's the hedgehog. Is it where you left it?

nope gone of on its travels hopefully.

I think it lives in the garden somewhere :eek:
libby has found it before but never picked it up, hopefully she never will again. going to buy some hedgehog food and leave it out once we have fenced off the area i think it lives in:D

i live near the river and we get allsorts in the garden, libby has bought in frogs/toads in the past and they are a pain to catch:eek:

It's a good job my dogs don't do that cos daughters got a massive phobia of frogs.

She was helping her dad in the garage the other week and she came charging through the room and upstairs and when I got up there she was shaking and crying and unable to breathe properly. It took ages to calm her down and then she'd only come downstairs if her dad went back to the garage to get rid of the frog she'd seen in the cupboard. When he came back in it turned out it wasn't a frog. It was a rubber glove :8855:

Hiya Mandy,
Hope you don't mind me popping into your diary.
But, whilst I was visiting MIL in hospital this afternoon, being a naughty girl like I am I was reading her file, and came across, some Waterlow assessment, and remembered you mentioning it on Jackies diary.
MIL was rated at 24 which after googling it, seem very high.
Any advice/assistance would be greatly appreciated xxx

Hiya Mandy,
Hope you don't mind me popping into your diary.
But, whilst I was visiting MIL in hospital this afternoon, being a naughty girl like I am I was reading her file, and came across, some Waterlow assessment, and remembered you mentioning it on Jackies diary.
MIL was rated at 24 which after googling it, seem very high.
Any advice/assistance would be greatly appreciated xxx

waterlow assess the risk of pressure damage to the skin for pts with a reduced mobility.
the higher the score the higher the risk of developing pressure sores.
It takes age sex mobility previous medical problems and nutritional status (ie can she eat and drink normally) into consideration
Depending on the trusts policy action needs to be taken to avoid damage.
she should be repositioning regularly and if on bed rest will need a pressure relieving mattress. possibly an air one again depending on local policy.

Doesn't mean she will develop damage but that extra precautions need to be taken xx

in our trust with a waterlow of 24 we would definetly be using an electric mattress and useing a repositioning chart if she can't do it her self.

hope that helped

waterlow assess the risk of pressure damage to the skin for pts with a reduced mobility.
the higher the score the higher the risk of developing pressure sores.
It takes age sex mobility previous medical problems and nutritional status (ie can she eat and drink normally) into consideration
Depending on the trusts policy action needs to be taken to avoid damage.
she should be repositioning regularly and if on bed rest will need a pressure relieving mattress. possibly an air one again depending on local policy.

Doesn't mean she will develop damage but that extra precautions need to be taken xx

in our trust with a waterlow of 24 we would definetly be using an electric mattress and useing a repositioning chart if she can't do it her self.

hope that helped

Thank you Mandy xx, she was given an electric alternating pressure mattress yesterday.

And they have been turning her in the night, and trying to encourage her to lie on her side, but sadly failing:(

Thank you Mandy xx, she was given an electric alternating pressure mattress yesterday.

And they have been turning her in the night, and trying to encourage her to lie on her side, but sadly failing:(

sounds good they are doing what they should:D

often we struggle getting people to stay on there side but with the mattress and the regular moving it should be ok xx

hope she is better soon xx

sounds good they are doing what they should:D

often we struggle getting people to stay on there side but with the mattress and the regular moving it should be ok xx

hope she is better soon xx

Thank you so much Mandy x

Do you mind if I keep popping into your diary to keep up with your progress etc? x

Thank you and welcome:D
i have started making up 4 500ml bottles of juice in the morning and then they stare at me every time i go in the kitchen reminding me to drink them :8855:

once i have drunk them i allow my self a glass of pepsimax which is all i ever used to drink :eek:

And i try and have 2 cups of green tea a day.

it is getting easier and for the first time EVER i actually get thirsty and go looking for a drink :eek::eek:

prior to starting this i would hardly ever drink more than 1 lt a day :eek::confused:

Mn I've struggled with water this week too so might try the bottle idea. Also have been slipping with the pepsi max consumption - buying one can every week day and had two on thursday when I was having a bad day :eek: Not bought any big bottles for months though so getting there, my teeth are wrecked from having pepsi max 24/7 before, couldn't start my day without it :eek:

Hope Houdini has settled, just getting a really odd image of a hedgehog sitting on his hindlegs in your bath holding a weetabix in it's paws and glowering at people when they sit on the loo :8855:

Back