how do you lose 2 thirds of your self?

Oh hun, this sounds so familiar.
Well done for fessing up - admitting it is often teh hardest thing.
For years I binged in secret, embarrased to admit to my family and friends and even myself what I was doing.

We're all here to support you, and whenever that little devil whispers in your ear, remind it - and yourself that YOU are worth saving, that you are amazing for how far you've already come and that you have decided to change for you and no-one else xx

I'm gonna use up my stuff too so I'll be having a frugal February. We'll be having an even frugaler (don't know if there is such a word) rest of the year if I never go back to work :)

Another holiday - brilliant :D

beating a 30 yr eating disorder was never going to be easy or quick was it :confused: sometimes i just need to remind myself of that.
6 months ago i was binging daily, now i am only doing it occassionally and that i should be proud of.

Some days it just seems like a daunting task that i will never overcome at the moment i am doing the one day forward and one day back thing, but the positive is that at least i see it and want to do something about it.

I don't really know what set me off yesterday think it was a combination of things. Was having one of my failure days :sigh::sigh::sigh: and then proved it to my self

Today is another day though and it will be a better one

so first of all my positives

recognised the binge, stopped myself and took the dog out to distract myself.

have walked 4 miles with the dog this morning and have plans to go out later with her.

meals are planned for today to take in to account yesterday so as to minimise the damage and i am looking forward to them

expecting my scanbran today so i can start my scan bran challenge tomorrow :eek:

have a good afternoon every one xxxx

:bighug: you're totally right, going from bingeing every day to just occassionally is a huge achievement

you have come so far and deserve every bit of success that you get from sw xxx

I have done some experimental cooking today :eek:
its in the oven being cooked for tea, not sure its worked though:sigh:
i have made a sheperds pie but substituted the mince with lentils:confused:

think i might have used to many, but we shall see made a pasta pudding as well
very carb heavy but that is a good way to stop me binging.

teen has point blank refused to try it:sigh: be interesting to see what hubby thinks:D

i will be back with an update :D:D

I'll be back later to find out if the experiment was a success :)

Great attitude after yesterday too x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

lentil sheperds pie was actually really nice hubby loved it :eek: definetly one i will do again :D

have a beef tagine in the slowcooker today, hoping my scanbran will come so i can make a cake.

Its six months today since i walked into my gps in such a state and made the decision to change my life.

some days i get really down cos its not happening fast enough think that has been my problem this last week :sigh:

Today i am going to focus on the positives :D just like jackie has taught me to do :D

firstly i am almost 4 1/2 st lighter
thats an average of over 2 lb a week
i only binge every now and then certainly not daily not even weekly
I have joined a gym and go 3 times a week
i walk the dog every day for at least a mile
I got back to work quicker than anyone expected me to
most days i can leave the house without too much anxiety
i have dropped 2 bra sizes and i think 2 dress sizes
i have made some wonderful friends on minimins who have provided me with the best support system i have ever had
i have resisted writing negetives to balance the positives even though i have thought of one for every single positive here

so on to the next six months, i have set my goals for feb and think i will now do this every month

I CAN DO THIS AND I WILL DO THIS

thank you everybody who is sharing this journey with me i couldn't do it with out you all. xxxxx

Squish those counter negatives, you have done so well Mandy, I love love love your positives Keep going no matter how long it takes the main thing is you are doing it!!

Congratulations what a huge transformation in just 6 months :) everyone has little slipups and wants to loose faster than they are but this is a lifestyle change not an instant fix and you are doing so well! x

Have so enjoyed reading your diary, I have also suffered from depression, well post traumatic stress syndrome but same symptoms, blue low moods, very negative and down on myself and the occational delightful panic attack.....what fun they are!!! You really are an inspiration and I so hope I'll be able to post a four and a half stone loss in six months time.....well done you!! xx

Back