How do you make mousse?

StaceyUK

Gold Member
I've done 1 sachet jelly, tin of drained mandarins, 2 pots of mandarin Muller Light and 1 pot of quark.

Just had a peek at it and it's not set yet. Can't remember if I was only supposed to use 1 Mullerlight??

Mind you, it's only been in the fridge a couple of hours so it might need more time yet.

I just use milk in mine, I know that doesnt make it syn free but I rarely use my second HEXa and so its a great way to use up the milk into a very satisfying pud, good luck with yours hope it sets otherwse think up a new name for it as you serve it up at tea time

You make up the jelly then put it in the fridge. When it is nearly set take it out and mix in one pot of muller light. Return to the fridge for it to fully set

maybe its the mandarins? I'm not sure but I know adding certain fruits to jellies stops them setting, Kiwis for one but I'm not sure about mandarins

I make mine a bit different.

I use 1 sugar free jelly and 1 large tub of VLF fromage frais. Mix the jelly up to 1/4 pint with hot water and add another 1/4 pint of cold water. Add that to the fromage frais and mix it up. It's usually set in a couple of hours at the most.

maybe its the mandarins? I'm not sure but I know adding certain fruits to jellies stops them setting, Kiwis for one but I'm not sure about mandarins

My Dad did that once - made a massive summer fruits tureen with all sorts of seasonal berries in jelly - usually absolutely fabulous - but wondered why it wasn't setting until my Mum said: "You didn't put that leftover kiwi in it, did you...?" I seem to remember he said something quite rude. :giggle:

It turned out really love! Set really well and was very creamy and the odd bit of mandarin really set it off nicely. Would reccomend!

I did the jelly made up to 1/2 pt with boiling water. I whizzed the Quark and MullerLights together and then stirred in the mandarins. Then poured the jelly over and mixed it all up. Next time I'd probably leave the jelly to cool a little before adding it in but it didn't seem to affect the end product!

It was more like a panacotta than a mousse but very nice!

Back