How do you take care of yourself? :)

dietgirl24

I am following Weight Watchers and am currently focusing on the "take care of yourself" habit..interested to hear the different ways we all take care of ourselves.

I give myself a weekly manicure/pedicure or else stick a dark coloured nail polish on my nails. I also moisturise my body everyday. I want to add more stuff onto it..any ideas? I do mindfulness exercises and read to unwind x

When I can spare the time I have a good soak in some bubbles, facemask, shaving of assorted hairy bits and a damn good exfoliate all over. Finish off with a nice all over moisturise and I don't half feel all smooth an lovely when I'm done!! Beats my usual 30 seconds to flick a flannel round and point a toothbrush at my face lol (I have three rather demanding kids heehee I'm not a scruffbag by choice!!)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

glad you like it Blossums! :) love your pamper sessions Illa and Legomom, we deserve it after all! As L'oreal says, because we're worth it.

Ooh I got complimented on my nails today!! Apparently they're lovely! :p

Doing my hair nicely.
Taking time to put some creams and lotions on, sometimes bit of tan on my legs.
Ive got this cream for 'wobbly bits' and I think it really works -I know I sound like an advert! Its a soap and glory cream from boots.
I drink water to take care of myself, I would much rather drink fizzy drinks all the time but I drink water for my health

ooh that sounds meoww :)

I'm just realising that "Taking care of yourself" means prioritising your own needs as well as pamper sessions! I think it means saying no when you don't want to do things, only do things you want to do etc! And making sure that you take care of yourself by sticking to your food plan and exercising. Pursuing your life goals. I was just thinking about this habit there and it really pertains to every area of our lives, doesn't it?:p

I plan to start having regular manicures and pedicures:D

My treat for the first stone lost is teeth whitening:D

For years I havent 'bothered' about myself. Been very low at times and there have been days when I havent done anything appart from brush my teeth, but happily that's changing now. I cleanse and moisturise daily,have started going to have my eyebrows threaded and manicures, been for a fish pedicure too. My latest treat has been some Minx nail wraps on my toes-black and white cow print, REALLY funky LOL
I now beleive that I am worth it !!
And I do feel so much better for it:)

Dietgirl I think you're right :)

Am thinking that it might also include doing things that you love - whatever that might be, kind of feeding the soul or something

Someone else on this forum posted something they called the gerbera effect - when you neglect it, it wilts, water it and tend to it and it thrives - She was saying that tending to herself and her needs made her feel so pisituve - I liked that idea

So am thinking of things like going out for the day and doing something fun, or having a chat about something that's bothering me instead of eating the emotions

I've started using nail polish, both my finger and toe nails.. looks lovely with sandals on..
and also I use lots of earrings now and wear high heels, and like to look feminine. :) I never used to wear high heels.. my husband is very excited lol

Eli said:
I've started using nail polish, both my finger and toe nails.. looks lovely with sandals on..
and also I use lots of earrings now and wear high heels, and like to look feminine. :) I never used to wear high heels.. my husband is very excited lol

Good for you! Wish I cud wear heals, I'm too tall! I've made a commitment to moisturising and generally taking care of myself x

Great thread! I have become a lot more interested in clothes and putting together a proper outfit rather than throwing on anything that fits. Buying lots more jewellery and other accessories now, as i don't want to buy clothes til I have lost a bit more.

I love long, candle-lit baths with music on, that is my me time :)

I am starting having my eyebrows done professionally too.

What a good thread. I have to admit that I know when my beauty routine slips that my mindset is slipping too.
I moisturise everyday and have a number of hair care routines I do due to having hard to tame hair! I also regularly manicure me nails and exfoliate.
I know when I stop this I'm stopping thinking as much about my hunger patterns and subsequently pull my mindset back
Lauren xxxx

Back