how does red & green days work? been looking at some diary's, tad confused

debtin

Gold Member
i have only got to the part where you can have 2xHEa and 2xHEb..so in theory i could have my 2 slices wholemeal bread AND 2xalpen light bars?? honestly? these are the wee things i miss on EE.
Also if you then went back to EE the next day (is this recommended), would you not have went over your syn allowance for the week because you have had 2 alpen light bars for example? will keep looking at some red and green diaries but if anyone could shed any light on it (like the sticky threads regarding myths and how EE works) that would be great. Stayed the same at wi today and thinking i need a little shake up but dont want to get myself in a muddle with extra syns etc and end up putting on next week - thanks for your time x

can anyone advise please? will stick to ee til i can get my head sorted with red and green:jelous:

Hi. Yes on red & green you can have 2 slices of bread AND 2 Alpen light bars!!

Green days - 1 or 2 HEAs & 2 HEBs. Basically - pasta, rice, potatoes, quorn, all fruit and veg are free, B choices can be used on meat / fish but need to be weighed as well as cereal, bread etc.

Red days - same HEAs as green. Free foods are your meat, fish, poultry, quorn, most fruit and veg (apart from parsnips, peas, potatoes, sweetcorn). B choices - potatoes, pasta.

That is only a very basic guide!! I can't get on with EE or red so tend to stick to green days, but everyone is different!!

Yes, you can have a day green, a day red and a day EE, and it won't affect the syns.

Syns are daily - up to 15 per day - not per week.

I love Red days - i have 2 HEA choices (usually cheese and milk) and 2 HEB choices - usually potato and a cereal bar!

Yum!!! x

Hi i have been doing red days this week and i love them, 2 Hea's and 2 Heb's and lots of meat, salads, mullerlights and fruit
good luck with your diet love sue xxx

Back