How does this effect your mind?

YumyMumy

Crawling to the finish!
Hello everybody! Is anybody in here following this diet under High pressure job role or in university? I have successfully done the diet in the past, however I was on maternity leave so can not quite remember how it affected my concentration and memory ect. I have a lot of work on at the moment in university so need to be at my "best" mentally, even though I know I'll probably be a bit down the first few days. Can anybody please give me advice from experience? Thanks

I've a very stressful high pressure job and I find doing LT makes no difference. I'm responsible for over 400 people, have three significant employees off sick at the moment, a budget of over £1.5 million to manage (and I won't even open my own bank statements) under constant pressure to meet targets, have the threat of a 48 hour notice inspection hanging over me. And those are just the major things, it's the day to day stuff that actually grinds me down!

In fact the only difference I'd say is that I now go to bed lots earlier cos I'm not stopping up snacking and watching TV, so actually I'm in better form at work since starting LT

Wow thanks for the reply dusty, that certainly seems more stressful than my own day to day responsibilities! I had great losses on lipotrim, and I'm stuck in a rut at the moment with my diet but can't commit to exercise at all, hence why I'm heading back for a good few weeks! I think tomorrow will be my day 1 again then :) can't wait! X

Hi Yumymummy :) I run my woin beauty business and are studying full time as uni to complete my teaching degree, also i have another part time job and doing a part time nail course! yep, busy girl! if anything i find it helps, as its one less thing to have to worry about. The stress of grabbing food on the go was what helped to get me to this size, not having to make food and organise meals is easier. Mentally it has made no difference to me but emotionally it has, i have good days and down days but the great losses keep you going! good luck

it affects me emotionally so much, lately im in bits.

the more busier i am, the easier it is. when i have the energy that is.

im currently on maternity from uni (2 years leave) i wish i was at uni and work (student midwife) to take my mind of it.

big hugs to everyone. seems theres something in the air with everyone struggling lately. (have u seen the amount of 'moved' posts on lipotrim 100% board) lol, think we all have food on the brain xx

The stress of grabbing food on the go was what helped to get me to this size,

I absolutely agree! I used to eat on the run during the day and then when home was so hungry I ate constantly whilst cooking tea. Then in the evening I'd graze continually, thinking I've had such a stressful day I deserve a treat or two! Now its all sorted food wise

Ohhh thanks everybody! I guess it's just a case of me trying and finding out. I am full time student with 3 year old and currently running own business part time and working with 2 employers on a volunteer basis for experience!! I do need to be occupied to take my mind off food definatly! I'm hoping that my mind is still top this time next week :) I will be asking my hubby to cook for our lo for the first week or so, hope he doesn't think beans on toast counts hehe :) x

Hope you're coping well YumyMumy, I find that if your mouth gets bored you should indulge yourself in other bad habits such as chewing pens and pencils. It's not healthy, its not hygienic, but it takes your mind off food for a while. Alternatively, my chemist gave me the flapjacks for week two, and after the first week on nothing but shakes and soup it's a god send. I don't have a craving for sandwiches anymore and I actually find that I do bite my pens less now.
I sort of know how you feel with the university stuff. I'm still in college but at the transition stage where my yeargroup is getting ready to go to university. Not as stressful of course but right now it seems like a nightmare.
Hope you're doing alright xxxxxxxxx

Back