How Far Are You From Goal?

So far that I cannot even SEE the goal.

2st 1lb. Would be a great Xmas present to myself! :eek:

My goal is also Xmas day :) I can't wait to hear about everyones progress! I am new here just starting out so my date startingv my diet and fitness plan was 09/01 and I lost 2 lbs since then. I am 163 now and hope to be 130 by Xmas day!

No, seriously.... my goal is to lose 6 stone by April 2nd. The reason is, last April I spent Easter in Poland with my friend and I had a horrible time. I weighed over 25 stone at just 5 ft 3 and being 55 years old did not help, either... and I just could not walk or stand for more than a few minutes, which makes sightseeing a total ordeal. Well, impossible. And made much worse by the fact that my holiday companion was correct weight and a walker, and so was able to walk or stand literally all day if he wanted to.

I'd had to cut short visits to museums etc so I felt awful about it. Also I was of course puffing and panting and wincing and moaning and popping painkillers and having to stop and sit and rest every few metres (the weather was hot, which did not help). Once we got back to the hotel say at about 6pm my feet hurt so much that I could not go out again so we were stuck indoors every evening instead of hitting the clubs etc. During those evenings it even hurt to walk across the room so my friend had to fetch and carry for me.

Walking through airports was horrendous. Asking for the extension belt humiliating. Could not get the tray down past my stomach. Struggled up the steps to the plane. At hotels, had to have a "disabled" room with a walk-in shower, because I am unable to climb into a bath! So the trip was characterised by struggle, pain, exhaustion, embarrassment, and guilt.

When I got home (phew!) I broke down a cried, ashamed of myself, and feeling terribly GUILTY that I had held him back and caused HIM to miss out on so many sights and activities. So I am DETERMINED not to let this happen again.

I can't believe that he wants to go away with me again. I am very grateful that someone is giving me another "chance" as it were, and I want to repay this by giving him a better companion next time. We are going away next Easter, which gave me a good 8 months run-up to lose as much as I could. I am sure that, even if I could get down to, say, 19 stone, that would make a HUGE difference to my mobility and my ability to walk and stand.

So I want to lose 84lb. I have lost 20lb already. Just got to do the same thing three more times and I am there!

Helena

Last edited:
Hi Helena, The great news is that you've picked a goal that is totally within your grasp so it is possible. Whether you get there or not is all up to you. You have 8 months. It's all in your control. You've already made a fantastic start! Keep it going!

Hi Helena, The great news is that you've picked a goal that is totally within your grasp so it is possible. Whether you get there or not is all up to you. You have 8 months. It's all in your control. You've already made a fantastic start! Keep it going!

Thank you, and good luck

I start tomorrow so I'm a long way from goal but I will be one step closer tomorrow Xx

2 stone away but might adjust target down by half a stone or so when I get there!

Hi,

I'm 11 stone 5.5 and my goal is 8 stone 13 so I'm 2 stone 6.5 away from goal. My first mini-goal is to get to 11 stone asap, preferably by the first week or two of January :)

Im 3 st 3 lbs away....
long way to go...

11 st 10 now
adjusted goal is about 8 stone 7 ish

45 lb?

That is huge!

lost 26 and feeling a lot better, questioning how skinny i want to be now as not a teenager

Last edited:
Back