How far in advance have you planned a Florida holiday?

kellymundy

Gold Member
I went to Orlando in May this year and we've decided to go back asap but it's looking like we won't be able to make it back until around 2011!:(
I've noticed that some online villa companies allow you to enquire about villas that far in advance and I'm just wondering:
a) Do you think it's to far in advance to be contacting (and booking if we get a good deal) villa owners about this?
b) How far in advance have you planned a holiday before?

We are off to Florida next Easter and booked it almost a year in advance. We thought that was pretty early, but as we are tied to specific dates, it was actually harder than we imagined to get the right flights etc for us. Having said that, alth we tried to research independent travel, we ended up with a package as better value. If you do go for independent I am not sure how far in advance the airlines announce their flights.

HTH!! Have a great time too!

I always book 330 days before we go which is the standard flight bookings.

If you book a villa before that you may find you can't get the matching flights as they do book up really quickly!

I have always found 330 days is perfect and can always get the villa and flights on the date we want.

Mike

We are looking at going back in 2010 and already looking at booking villa so as less to pay later. Most private owners will give bit of adjustment to dates as so far in advance. I stayed in villa recommended by mr icemoose on my first trip last year it was great but after finding the dibb website and loads of villas think will try new location next time.

I'm booking my holiday to Florida in January. Not going til October! The planning has already begun!

B x

Back