How healthy is this dish?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Seaneen, 7 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Seaneen

Seaneen Short and pink

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(33.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm curious, one of my favourite dishes ever before I started this diet was a salad wrap from my kebab shop.

All it is is one medium-large tortilla wrap, toasted, spread thinly with humus then stuff with lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes.

Is it healthy? Healthy enough to have when I'm done?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hopefulslimmer

hopefulslimmer Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey,

I don't see why not. Everything in it is healthy, so long as they don't use oil on their salads (some do, I don't know why??)

A nice and easy dinner for when you have finished :D

4. Naturally_Stush

Naturally_Stush Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think the only thing u need to watch out for is the carbs in the tortilla and houmous. I think having it every once in a while won't be too much of a problem.

5. lose-lotts

lose-lotts Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    wat about boiled chicken with crushed chillies and red pepper. r we allowed that

6. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think on the diet the red pepper is a no no.

7. Seaneen

Seaneen Short and pink

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    8st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(33.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Carbs aren't bad, though. And they're pretty good carbs, it's a wholemeal tortilla and humous is good for you, I think.

8. Dinosaur

Dinosaur Full Member

Sounds very healthy.

Tortilla's are one of the lowest GI bread products, and hoummus is quite low carb too, and healthy.

If you ever feel the need to have a proper kebab though, go for a chicken one where it's literally just flame grilled chicken with everything in your tortilla wrap.

And I'm sure a liberal sprinkling of chilli sauce will make you burn extra calories trying to cool your mouth down:D

9. eng123

eng123 Member

Diet:
    WW Core and Intuitive Eating
    My 'naughty' food is a chicken kebab - pitta bread, salad and the chicken but without the calorific sauces. I use lemon juice instead. I can easily point this on WW. If I want to be even healthier I get a salad pitta - just the pitta bread with salad and I love it with tuna. Mmmmmm!:p

10. lose-lotts

lose-lotts Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    r we allowed to eat pitta bread

11. skinnymamu

skinnymamu Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Think it sounds really healthy and yummy but obv u cant have carbs on this diet, so when u come off will be a healthy, would be even more healthy if you use reduced cal humous and make it urself and would be cheaper :)

12. MooCow

MooCow Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ahhhhhh you see I have the same problem, I'm thinking abou when I finish as well - one of my fave's is Uncle Ben's hot chilli with brown rice, but I can't work out if the cook in sauce is bad or not - any help? Here's a link to the important label stuff ....

www.unclebens.co.uk - Hot Chilli

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.