How healthy is this dish?

Seaneen

Short and pink
I'm curious, one of my favourite dishes ever before I started this diet was a salad wrap from my kebab shop.

All it is is one medium-large tortilla wrap, toasted, spread thinly with humus then stuff with lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes.

Is it healthy? Healthy enough to have when I'm done?

I think the only thing u need to watch out for is the carbs in the tortilla and houmous. I think having it every once in a while won't be too much of a problem.

I think the only thing u need to watch out for is the carbs in the tortilla and houmous. I think having it every once in a while won't be too much of a problem.

Carbs aren't bad, though. And they're pretty good carbs, it's a wholemeal tortilla and humous is good for you, I think.

Sounds very healthy.

Tortilla's are one of the lowest GI bread products, and hoummus is quite low carb too, and healthy.

If you ever feel the need to have a proper kebab though, go for a chicken one where it's literally just flame grilled chicken with everything in your tortilla wrap.

And I'm sure a liberal sprinkling of chilli sauce will make you burn extra calories trying to cool your mouth down:D

My 'naughty' food is a chicken kebab - pitta bread, salad and the chicken but without the calorific sauces. I use lemon juice instead. I can easily point this on WW. If I want to be even healthier I get a salad pitta - just the pitta bread with salad and I love it with tuna. Mmmmmm!:p

Think it sounds really healthy and yummy but obv u cant have carbs on this diet, so when u come off will be a healthy, would be even more healthy if you use reduced cal humous and make it urself and would be cheaper :)

Ahhhhhh you see I have the same problem, I'm thinking abou when I finish as well - one of my fave's is Uncle Ben's hot chilli with brown rice, but I can't work out if the cook in sauce is bad or not - any help? Here's a link to the important label stuff ....

www.unclebens.co.uk - Hot Chilli

Back