How heavy is too heavy for skinny jeans

LisaM1977

Gold Member
Right this maybe a bit of a stupid question but how heavy would you say is too heavy for skinny jeans?
I saw a lot of girls wearing them at the mumford and sons gigs and I don't think I was bigger than all of them. I haven't even tried any on ever as I

I

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Stupi phone cutting me off.. I think I have never dared them on because the are called skinny jeans and I aren't skinny, am I being silly or am I too at for skinny jeans?

I have skinny jeans!

Go for it! X

I find the pale colours are the ones to avoid as they show every lump and bump - the lilac yellow pale pink etc.

I have the bright teal ones dark green grey and normal denim!

Mine are all a 16 and now too big :( x

Mizkirsty said:
I find the pale colours are the ones to avoid as they show every lump and bump - the lilac yellow pale pink etc.

I have the bright teal ones dark green grey and normal denim!

Mine are all a 16 and now too big :( x

Where did you get them from?
I have looked at a few today when shopping but didn't try any on x

I got mine in new look (mainly bc they were the cheapest!) primark are horrendous dont bother in there!

But enjoy :) let me know what you get! Xx

I think skinny jeans are a funny thing. I've got some and I wear them but I will say that I think they should only be worn if you don't have a muffin top over the top. Skinny jeans with muffin top defeats the object entirely. In which case a nicer pair of slim boot cut jeans that fit properly will have a more slimming effect than skinnies

I like the marks and Spencer's jeans. They're really comfy and flattering

I have M&S jeans too but as Kat said to me earlier (I love that she'a honest) i'd have muffin top in them. I live my black M&S straight leg jeans, sooooo flattering

Lexie2005 said:
I have M&S jeans too but as Kat said to me earlier (I love that she'a honest) i'd have muffin top in them. I live my black M&S straight leg jeans, sooooo flattering

Starting to think I need a wander to m&s, maybe it's more of a straight leg I need :)

Don t forget though try on the different shapes they have. They have some good ones. That's why I like their slim boot cut. I hate boot cut jeans but the slim boot cut are fairly straight with only a slight taper out at the foot but that difference balanced out the top half :)
Sorry Lexie :( I didn't think you'd be offended :( I have a muffin top in anything less than a 16. In fact in my next skinnies I still do and they're an 18. Yet my George and H and M skinnie 16's I don't.
It does depend on the make though. I think with jeans weve generally got to accept that we'll be a bigger size and with jeans they've got to fit properly to be flattering.and I have to say m and s ones are really comfy as well as fitting properly

Oooh I had seen their jeggings and even better I noticed they did them in a short leg :) trip to m and s will be in order this week or when I have my Xmas money x

Well had a bit of a trying on session today, fit into a 16 in both matalan and George's skinnies, but even their short length which I believe is 29inch is too long haha, can't remember the last time I even tried any jeans on I a shop... Hehe I am going to wander to m and s tomorrow and have a look :)

Hi, I braved the shops today and they had some really nice skinny jeans in Wallis on sale - most of their shops seem to do the same sale stuff so might be worth having a look? I was looking for some boot it jeans, no way I could wear skinny ones - my legs are not the right shape! Xx

i cant get into skinnies.... i carry a lot of my weight in my legs and i went as far as an 18 and they didnt fit, so i didnt want to try on anymore...
maybe when i get to goal i can go and get some skinny jeans... but i personally couldnt get away with it..

Back