How long after making shakes should they be drunk?

Becca3241

Hi.so I work quite long days and I'm just wondering if I were to prepare a couple of shakes before work and then refrigerated them until I wanted to drink them then how long will they last?is there a certain amount of time after a shake is made that u should drink it? I don't want to take the bars to work as the chewing motion makes me want food so this is the only option as I find using a shaker does not get all the lumps out and I don't own a portable whisk!!x

I think Exante advise you to make up your shakes, and drink them more or less straight away (within 10 minutes or so). Apparently they lose nutrients when they've been standing a while, so doing that regularly isn't really an option.
Have you tried one of the shakers with a metal ball in? We got ours from a website called myprotein.com, and we ordered this one:Myprotein Blender Bottle | Myprotein.com I don't have the shakes anymore, but my boyfriend swears by his - he hasn't used his blender at all since we had them.

Hope this helps :)

I found the shakes went a bit odd in a flask or if left hanging about. There is the nutrient issue too and standing will allow some vitamins to be destroyed - apparently.
The soups do travel well, I use a flask for lunch time at work. I make it in the morning drink it about 1pm and its fine. Clearly they are better taken fresh but I have done this for eight months now and no ill effects. It was the best choice for me.
The bars grow on you too but I know what you mean about chewing! Bars are really the most convenient for on the move.

GSQ

Invest in a wee coffee frogged. They're brilliant and handbag size

It's not a good idea to make the shakes up ready, they loose nutrients but the milk protein they're made with isn't so nice and the whole shakes could taste vile and the consistency could change.

The coffee frothers are a good idea as they are battery powered and they're quiet too and mix it quite well. :)

I would really recommend a shaker with a little whisk inside, you can get them on ebay for 99p plus about £3 postage, you just put the water in in the morning then add the sachet when you are ready to drink it - you do have to give it hell to get it really smooth and frothy but it works, i swear by mine!

I emailed exante and they said it was ok to make one up and bring it to work in a vacuum flask. Just give it a good shake before you open it to remix.

I emailed exante and they said it was ok to make one up and bring it to work in a vacuum flask. Just give it a good shake before you open it to remix.

YES, but they do taste foul when left in a flask, soups is ok. But its up to you really.
GSQ

Back