How long before YOU see your weightloss?

purple_rain

Silver Member
Just as the title says 'how long before you can see weightloss'?

Ive lost 20lb and i cant really see much difference other than my collar bones are visable, my hubby says my legs are getting skinnier lol
It's my face and tummy i want to see the difference, ive seen other ppls pics that are smaller(height) and weigh a bit more than me but i think that they look loads skinnier than what i see myself.

I've lost two stone and still can't see a difference. I am very heavy though (16 stone) so hopefully when I get down to about 14 I'll notice it in myself. :)

i've lost 2 stone,i don't really see it even tho my clothes are 2 sizes smaller,,i can see on my face and collar bone too,,think for everyone it just goes from different places,,i wish it would just hurry up and get off my tummy:D

Take a picture! Don't show anyone, but when you've lost a bit more, take another and compare, you'll be surprised!

You see yourself everyday, so you won't have noticed the difference, but others will and if you have some pictures to compare to, you'll see all your hard work paying off :)

Thanks for your replies. I wish i had taken a pic on day 1 :sigh: But im going to take one tomorrow and then take one every wk. Going to take them front and side pics.

I took a picture at the start of my journey, and although for a while I couldn't see the difference people were telling me I was doing really well. I've put a bit of weight on and restarted on Propoints so have taken an updated photo and took measurements, which I will continue to do every month :) xxx

Ive lost 20lb and i cant really see much difference other than my collar bones are visable, my hubby says my legs are getting skinnier lol
It's my face and tummy i want to see the difference, ive seen other ppls pics that are smaller(height) and weigh a bit more than me but i think that they look loads skinnier than what i see myself.

without wanting to be rude, i was wandering what dress size you currently are? I'm your height and curently over 200lbs and a size 18 but aiming to be 165lbs and a size 12 :)

As long as the scales tells you that you are having a weight loss, you know its working, I lost over 3 stone a couple of years ago and could never notice it myself, i was still paranoid when on holidays or even wearing a t-shirt. I Noticed a slight difference but not the 3 stone. Ive managed to put it all back on now with extra weight and only joined weight Watchers again last tuesday. Looking back now on photographs when i lost weight compared to photographs of this Christmas I can notice a HUGE difference, pity i didnt see it at the time :D Keep the head held high and carry on through, the compliments from other people will start coming even when you cant see it. Im determined to get back to the way i was. I have put aside a drawer with t-shirts and shirts that are too tight on me, i took photos of myself in them and in about a month or so i am hoping i will see a difference in the fit. Maybe you should try this as well, nothing too drastic, dont go out and buy something too small for you, just something you have in the wardrobe that might not have a comfy fit at present, it gives you little targets to aim for and you will feel great when you see the difference yourself.... Sorry for the essay :) Good luck with your weight loss journey

purple_rain said:

I agree with the others take pics and measurements - at least every four weeks so that you have something to look back on. Some weeks when the scales don't show you a good result you'll find that the measuring tape does x

Back