How long does your class last?

prettykins

Hi everyone

I've recently restarted Sw classes . I re joined my old class, as i think the consultant is brilliant . One of the things I liked about the old class was that she didn't spend ages going round each member individually, and we mostly just talked about food. That used to take about an hour.
Now the consultants have these PDAs ( think that's what they're called!), she goes round each member asking about their week etc. I know this is what happens at most classes as I've been going on and off for about 18yrs.
The class is now about 2 hours long and I can never stay for the full thing as I need to get my son in bed for 8pm, plus I find it really drags and is quite boring :(
Was just wondering what other people's classes are like? I am in Hull btw.
I'm thinking of changing to her other class which is a 10am one.

X

Mine is WI between 7 and half past and then image therapy from 7.30 till 8 so it's quite good, a previous class I went to was about 2 hours long which wasn't ideal when you hadn't had dinner before you went!

My class is weigh in between 5:30pm-6pm, then class from 6-7pm, so not too long at all.

My consultant goes round each member asking how their week was too, she also talks about one certain thing a week etc.

Hi everyone

I've recently restarted Sw classes . I re joined my old class, as i think the consultant is brilliant . One of the things I liked about the old class was that she didn't spend ages going round each member individually, and we mostly just talked about food. That used to take about an hour.
Now the consultants have these PDAs ( think that's what they're called!), she goes round each member asking about their week etc. I know this is what happens at most classes as I've been going on and off for about 18yrs.
The class is now about 2 hours long and I can never stay for the full thing as I need to get my son in bed for 8pm, plus I find it really drags and is quite boring :(
Was just wondering what other people's classes are like? I am in Hull btw.
I'm thinking of changing to her other class which is a 10am one.

X

The class I go to usually lasts til about 8:30pm with a 7pm start. So half hour weigh and an hour image therapy x

I live near hull in Barton xx

Mine starts at 10am and near enough every single week we have to sit and wait a good hour while she gets organised (surely this should be done before the start time) and does all the new member intro's. I know that can't be helped but it drags. I am lucky if I get home before 12.30-1pm. Not like that every week but feels like it sometimes. I am very close to trying SW from home but want to give it another month before I give up on the whole group thing. Really annoys me sometimes but if I don't stayto group I somehow always end up falling off plan.

Mine is weigh in 19.30-20.00 and image therapy 20.00-21.00. I don't always stay as if it over runs I don't get home until late.

What actually happens in image therapy? My local consultant is AWFUL! I've joined classes several times and she knows nothing, is really unhelpful and has never ever mentioned anything about image therapy x

Most of the classes I've been to the consultant goes around each person , asks how their week went, if they've had a loss the consultant tells the class what the loss is, and what their total loss is so far.
Then asks questions like what has been their fave recipe of the week etc, and how much they want to lose next week.
It takes absolutely ages. I was so happy when I found a consultant who didn't do this, but now she does :(

X

Most of the classes I've been to the consultant goes around each person , asks how their week went, if they've had a loss the consultant tells the class what the loss is, and what their total loss is so far.
Then asks questions like what has been their fave recipe of the week etc, and how much they want to lose next week.
It takes absolutely ages. I was so happy when I found a consultant who didn't do this, but now she does :(

X

Thats because all consultants should do this and if they don't, they are doing it wrong.
Classes should be 30 mins for weigh in/new member talk and then around 30-60 mins for image therapy (aka going round the group!) depending on how many stay.
People think it takes ages but its just over an hour a week really as you don't have to get there for the start of weigh in, although a lot do, as they then take the time for a chat and a cuppa :)

Mine is supposed to be 5.30 until 7 but she always runs over and we finish just before the next class comes in. I'm going to start going later for weigh in so I'm only 6 until 7.30. It means we don't end up eating until 9pm, which is just too late for me and I hate leaving early.

I've only been to one so far. It starts at 7.30pm, there was a weigh in and then she went round everyone in the class, asking how their week went, what recipes they've found etc. It took a long time, we finished at about 9.00pm. I enjoyed hearing about how everyone was getting on with the plan.

I can't go to daytime ones because of work so last week I started the 7.30pm class hoping to be away by 8.30 as my mum had my two children for me ... was still there at 9.15..way too late for getting my 2 home and in bed I'm a single parent so no other option, the consultant is lovely but at ww classes the class was about receipes and suggestions to help which was good and you could leave when you needed to, but spending over an hour going to each person was to long I felt plus didn't really help, I needed to leave but felt it was rude to leave so I had 2 tired grumpy kids by the time we got home at almost 10pm on a school night!! I can't stay every week That's for sure :/ Shame but I'm sticking with it first weigh in on Monday.

Yeah, I don't find going through each person individually to be very helpful. I would rather it be a discussion about things people were confused or struggling with, recipe ideas and pointers, which I know happens as the C goes round people but it just drags on and because Iam so concious of time when it comes to me I end up saying I'm fine (I'm usually the second half), which I am but I'd like suggestions on a recipe for x or whatever advice and feel I can't because class will drag on even longer. I end up coming n here and wondering why I waste my money going to class.

I'm a single parent too so I know what you mean jollycoco :( luckily I can change to the 10am one and go whilst he is at school.
I do think it takes far too long, and there should maybe be a limit on how many members per session to keep the time down.
I did prefer the other format of just talking about recipes and food, and members asking questions, but I guess it's the 'rules' that they have to speak to everyone individually.
It just means a lot of people are spending £4.95 a week to get weighed :/

Spending £4.95 to get weighed is personal choice. Get your money's worth, stay to group, ask questions, share recipes - that is what image therapy is for, there is not, or shouldn't be, another format.

Give yourself that hour a week, your weight loss will benefit :)

I will be staying to class if I'm going at 10am. The point of the post was a class that starts at 5:30pm and doesn't finish until 7:30pm is not do able for someone with kids, or a tight schedule
I've been going to classes since I was at school 18 yrs ago so I do know what classes 'should' be like.

My class lasts 2 hours. :)

I think consultans and their classes will be criticised no matter what they do because everyone's different and wants different things. I keep re joining classes but always feel the consultant is rubbish so end up doing it from home. I'm lucky if the class lasts an hour. Everyone gets weighed then she reads out everyone's gains/losses and that's it over. No image therapy, no help or advice and no recipe sharif or discussion. I feel that's a waste of money each week. I WISH the class lasted two hours and I actually got some help and support from it. :-(

I agree everyone has different expectations of the classes and get something different out of it but it literally was weigh in then sit for for ages whilst they went round individually reading out losses or sts, I preferred it when people would put themselves forward to tell us their result and ask questions and share tips and recipes but everyone is different, I'm loving the plan and sounds silly but if I didn't have to stand on scales in front of someone else I'd probably fail. . I'm weak ;) so for that at least it's worth it .

Mine is weigh in 7.30 to 8 (during which she does new member talk) then an hour of image therapy. Usually that's 5-10 minutes talking about any new products / announcements etc then rest of time going roubd everyone. Trouble is the first few people always get a really long chat then she has to play catch up or overruns. It does drag sometimes if I'm honest but tried doing sw at home and just not as effective

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back