How long is this taking everyone?

Well I am both 100% strict AND very slow. I've lost almost 3.5 stone, but it's taken me 2.5 years. I know how slow this sounds, but I never started this for quick losses, I started it for permanent losses. I plateued for the WHOLE of 2009, but stayed 100% on plan. SW DOES work, no argument. Some of our bodies are just a little less reluctant to let go of out extra padding ;-)

I am in awe of your dedication through 2009, but that said, it shows that you can maintain your loss :D.
If I'm honest I've been messing about with it, but have recently buddyed up and am now concentrating on getting this last 21lb off for Christmas x I have definately taken the scenic route. (In one of my previous classes we talked about taking the scenic route to our goals that involved things like custard cream canyon and marzipan mountain or the motorway route where there were no stops, no highs and no lows, got you there quicker, but could be boring - Never did like the fast and furious motorway :character00182:)

hi all, omg i am feeling so lazy, i am on week 5 and lost 7.5 lb which is fantastic for me as on other diets i have struggled, i am loving sw , but missing puddings, only so many muller lights u can eat

I have lost 10lbs in five weeks so bang on my target of 2lbs per week. I haven't been too strict but when I've gone over on my syns allowance I do set out to claw it back on the following days. It's slow but steady and tbh I'm really pleased with my progress :D:D:D.

i am loving sw , but missing puddings, only so many muller lights u can eat

I've been missing puds too and today I gave in to temptation and had a sticky toffee pudding with custard. Oh, I so wish I hadn't - I feel really bloated and sick. My body just isn't used to it anymore. No more puds for me!

I managed to loose 4stone to get me to target in 6months - so was pretty quick for me.

I have only ever done red/green days never tried EE as I always had good & consistant looses with the other plans.

Oh & exercise, nar not for me :D

Hiya - i'm only in week 2 so time will tell if i'm a slow one but I suspect I will be...

Ever since I had my little girl in Jan 08 i've been using (or trying to) quick fixes ie Cambridge, recently Dukan diet and in between WW and never succeeded which is not a surprise.

I finally got my head in a place where I realised there are no quick fixes and I need to do this properly and after friends joined a few weeks ago with good losses I joined online as struggle to make it to classes with work/kids etc.

The way I now look at is any loss is a good loss whether it be 0.5 or 3.5 - i'll be happy as long as it's coming off. I've made it back to the gym too so if it does speed things up all the better but if not I won't be disappointed.

Week 2 all is going well and i'm not struggling with this at all - it is sooo flexible, much more than I could have imagined and this is clear from all the fantastic losses you ladies have had!

Everyone is different and will lose at different paces so as long as it's coming off it's all good! :)

MrsLL76 - I know exactly what you mean about your head being in the right place. I have started SW loads of times before and after 3 months max, would give up. However, inspite of bad days, where originally I'd havegiven up, I'm getting back on track the next day and carrying on. I think that's one of the reasons why it's taking me a little while (and enjoying the odd treat perhaps a bittoo frequently) but the fact is, 9 months on and I'm still going to weigh ins and keeping a food diary which is something! I wish you lots of luck and the time is now to do it! Let me know how your 2nd weigh in goes! :)

Pammy, SW is now just a way of life for me. Throughout that period a few folk suggested I just had a blow out for a few week, and then get back into it....but I couldn't! lol My idea of a blowout is a chickpea dahl with smash bahjis! lol I just couldn't imagine eating any other way now. And you're right, I kept the faith, knowing that whenever I do finally reach target, it'll be a peice of p*ss to maintain :) Every cloud and all that!

For me, this is taking and will take a lifetime.
I lost 3 stone in just over a year and maintained for 2 years but it has been a struggle. I've now gone over my target so am back on it properly but it is hard to get out of maintenance mode, this time it's not for a couple of weeks.
So, when I say SW takes a lifetime, it will. Losing the weight takes a certain amount of time but keeping it off means sticking to SW forever.
A lot of people think losing the weight is the hard part but for me it isn't, it's keeping it off and that bit takes forever.

I am so glad there are those people who are taking the scenic route to losing - through choice or otherwise. I have stepped up the Body Magic this week as 1lb on my first week just doesn't fit in with my friends and I want to get a half stone sticker before work starts again at the end of August. I was 100% SW yesterday and today (except for tea which was pub dinner) but I am going to Skinny Jeans class in a half hour. I've figured while it's still the holidays then I am in a position to be on plan and exercise as much as I can before work gets in the way. Plus I've got about 5 stone to lose so I hope that first stone will just slough off.

Back