How long?

LittleMissThin 17

wants to be skinny ♥
How long does it take for results for a non-fasting blood test to come back?

Two weeks ago I was tested for diabetes, folate levels, vitamin b12 levels, vitamin d levels and for an underactive thyroid. I was told I'd get a letter if my blood is 'normal' and a phone call if there is something up.

Just wondering if I should be expecting a letter by now or not! :)

I would expect those results back in 48 hours at our GP practice. I would def give them a ring. Good luck.

Hmm thats strange I thought it had to be fasting BG for a diabetes diagnosis?:confused: keep us posted anyhow and good luck!

Hmm thats strange I thought it had to be fasting BG for a diabetes diagnosis?:confused: keep us posted anyhow and good luck!

I thought that too but as I'm so scared of needles, I didn't eat or drink anything for about 12 hours beforehand as I would throw up. So accidentally became a fasting one.

Thanks for the replies, I rang up to be told my blood was back but no-one had looked at it yet and they would put a note in for it to be looked at and give me a call when they've done that! :mad:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who replied- I got my results and all that was 'wrong' was high folate and low vitamin D. Does mean my health problems are still undiagnosed and I'm back at my gp Friday. Oh well!

Back